Has your Dr. said anything about your weight loss?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Yes i did, in fact i did it all w/o a scale so i had to call the office to find out my highest weight, LOL. Doc just asked me how i was doing it and said i looked great.

Even if your doc says nothing, it doesn't matter, you have lost and that's a victory!
    I'd love to hear more about how you did this without using a scale, if you'd care to share.
  • On my first appointment with my new GP, I told him I'd lost about 20 lbs in 4 months and he asked me how I did it. I explained that I tracked calories in MFP and was exercising. He said I was doing a great job and he was more impressed that I was running about 2 miles, three times a week than concerned over my then-current weight.
  • My GP has always tracked my weight, to a point of annoyance actually. Now, it's a point of pride to weigh in. However, I know at my highest I was morbidly obese or close to it so I understand why he was so adamant about tracking my weight. Still, stepping on the scale when I'm visiting for a sinus infection did little for my self-esteem...
  • Update
    Went to the Dr. today. And she didn't say a thing!! i am up about 5 pounds because of T.O.M. combined with sunburn swelling, but that is around 30 pounds still! Feeling bummed lately.
  • My Primary discusses weight at each visit, frankly I am anxious to see his reaction next time I go in. I also see a pulmonologist for sleep apnea and she told me at my last visit that my pressures could be reduced on my CPAP if I continued to lose weight. I'm scheduled to see her in August.