New Phase Sheets Dated May 2014

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • This will force me to get my veggies in at lunch. Sometimes I graze or I'm too busy to eat everything so I have the second cup while I make dinner and the second two for dinner. Today is one of those days! Now the dilemma is whether to skip it or pretendI didn't know the rules have changed.
  • Quote: It seems as though those other veggies are unlimited in raw form only. Hope someone who had a really GOOD coach can get some insight since just how it is stated on the sheet leaves it open for dome interpretation!

I see the biggest change in going from 4 whole eggs/2 whites as a meat protein substitute down to 2 whole/4 whites!! Makes me wonder why such a large discrepancy, how they came to the first amount in the first place and how the larger amount may have impacted losses!
    I often email the IP rep that trained my coach directly since my coach is new and I was the test group. If we have some questions, I can ask her.
  • Interesting - nice to add the unlimited raw salad veggies in P1.
    I don't think most people ate more than 2 cups of the select veg per meal, did they? I never did. If I was hungry I chose the bulky ones, if not hungry I chose the alfalfa raw , mushrooms or spinach cooked down.
    I never could eat 4 eggs & 2 whites for a meal I always did 3 whole eggs. Once in a while when it was on sale, I bought a carton of free range egg whites and did 2 eggs & 3 egg whites. If you don't like wasting the yolk, that's probably the best way to go. Buy the usual dozen then also buy a carton of whites.

Phase 3 breakfast sounds deceptive - they are now telling you you must have an Ideal Complete in addition to regular protein at breakfast. Totally unnecessary. Sounds like a cash grab to me, lol. Thanks ChipNDip for posting.
    Liana
  • Quote: I'm curious too, but I am all alternatives now so no coach. I have used a lot of those now "unlimited" raw veggies as my veggies, but I'm lucky I don't have any problem eating all my vegetables I could eat more I LOVE THEM. The egg change is curious, although my sheet from my coach 3 months ago says 2 whole, 4 white... Like I said on the daily thread my brother started this week and the coach changed his sheet, he highlighted the eggs, said it was a mistake and that 4 whole and 2 whites was the protocol, however I don't know if his sheet is new or old.
    This EGG QUESTION is an interesting one... Is the new sheet a mistake or the previous???
  • Quote: Interesting - nice to add the unlimited raw salad veggies in P1.
    I don't think most people ate more than 2 cups of the select veg per meal, did they? I never did. If I was hungry I chose the bulky ones, if not hungry I chose the alfalfa raw , mushrooms or spinach cooked down.
    I never could eat 4 eggs & 2 whites for a meal I always did 3 whole eggs. Once in a while when it was on sale, I bought a carton of free range egg whites and did 2 eggs & 3 egg whites. If you don't like wasting the yolk, that's probably the best way to go. Buy the usual dozen then also buy a carton of whites.

Phase 3 breakfast sounds deceptive - they are now telling you you must have an Ideal Complete in addition to regular protein at breakfast. Totally unnecessary. Sounds like a cash grab to me, lol. Thanks ChipNDip for posting.
    Liana
    I have to wonder if phase three is a mistake to? The ideal complete is supposed the be a phase three meal replacement. Having both that and a meal would be crazy.

I'm Canadian, so I can say this do you think it is getting lost in translation? Lots of French people at IP!
  • Blame Chef Daniel Verati, pourquoi non?

Liana
  • Quote: Phase 3 breakfast sounds deceptive - they are now telling you you must have an Ideal Complete in addition to regular protein at breakfast. Totally unnecessary. Sounds like a cash grab to me, lol. Thanks ChipNDip for posting.
    Liana
    Quote: I have to wonder if phase three is a mistake to? The ideal complete is supposed the be a phase three meal replacement. Having both that and a meal would be crazy.

I'm Canadian, so I can say this do you think it is getting lost in translation? Lots of French people at IP!
    I hope it's a mistake. Makes me think about when WW switched to the PointsPlus plan. It was like hey everyone, unlimited fruits and veggies! But didn't really drill down that eating a lot more of those would affect your weight loss, and I know a lot of people that started having slower losses after the switch. Maybe I just had a bad WW coach. Anyway, this is probably not that extreme, but it's odd.
  • Quote:
    Liana
    I did not interpret it that way... It says ie before the Ideal complete and other Bfast items listed. That means it is an example, not a must! Also, I think you would still need to add up all your numbers for protein, fat, etc to match the required numbers. It almost looks like it is listing it as part of a meal, but then it would not be complete! Very odd, but not a requirement!
  • New Phase 3 sheet actually says in a box just above the Protein, Veggies, Occasional lists:
    "1 Ideal Complete Packet per day.
    Drink a minimum of 2L (64 oz) of water per day.
    2 teaspoons of olive oil or grape seed extract oil."

This is shown separate from the 'Snack' description box that says "1 Ideal Protein Food."

Sounds like it is a requirement to me.

Liana
  • Quote: New Phase 3 sheet actually says in a box just above the Protein, Veggies, Occasional lists:
    "1 Ideal Complete Packet per day.
    Drink a minimum of 2L (64 oz) of water per day.
    2 teaspoons of olive oil or grape seed extract oil."

This is shown separate from the 'Snack' description box that says "1 Ideal Protein Food."

Sounds like it is a requirement to me.

Liana
    Oh YEAH... I see it now. They DEFINITELY do not like that Phase three is the beginning of the end of the client buying products!! Up until now, it was not needed and now it is. Hmmmmm! I am sure they have a very solid reason to share, but bottom line, they lose sales by moving people into Phase 3 and 4!
  • Ok... I know the first posts indicates these were sent by IP corporate... Has ANYONE had a coach give these out or verify??? On another IP board, a couple people have specifically said their coach said it is not correct (Phase 1 sheet)! I know not all coaches stay connected closely with IP, but just thought some additional coach feedback would be worthwhile!

It is in black and white and not the typical color of IP Phase sheets....

ANYONE??
  • That's kind of what I was wondering, my brother was literally in on Monday and this isn't his sheet...
  • Someone on here had posted a month ago there were new sheets in May, but then we never got confirmation of that from anyone else...
  • Quote: Ok... I know the first posts indicates these were sent by IP corporate... Has ANYONE had a coach give these out or verify??? On another IP board, a couple people have specifically said their coach said it is not correct (Phase 1 sheet)! I know not all coaches stay connected closely with IP, but just thought some additional coach feedback would be worthwhile!

ANYONE??
    I'm going to miss my WI next week, but the week following I plan to take the sheet into my coach and ask. I'm just planning on staying with what I've been doing in the meantime.
  • Quote: It seems as though those other veggies are unlimited in raw form only. Hope someone who had a really GOOD coach can get some insight since just how it is stated on the sheet leaves it open for dome interpretation!

I see the biggest change in going from 4 whole eggs/2 whites as a meat protein substitute down to 2 whole/4 whites!! Makes me wonder why such a large discrepancy, how they came to the first amount in the first place and how the larger amount may have impacted losses!
    I am assuming (just assuming) that there were some "cholesterol" concerns expressed by someone somewhere. Eggs are one of those things, like coffee, that is either "in" and "good for you" or will lead you straight to some disease. So that's my guess.

Quote: I have always done eggs 4 whole 2 whites. I will feel back wasting all those yokes.
    I say the easiest thing is to use the egg white in a carton to supplement your eggs. When I do deviled eggs, however, I will still boil 4 but only use 2 egg yolks and then mash one of the "whites' in with it to fill (using a WF dressing or mayo) It would still give 6 half eggs on a plate. Omelettes etc won't look that different either.

Quote: Ok... I know the first posts indicates these were sent by IP corporate... Has ANYONE had a coach give these out or verify???

ANYONE??
    We're always behind 3FC at my office by months so my coach will be surprised by the info. But as for the colour, my copier at work is only black and white so if the person was scanning it to attach as an email or to make a copy, that's what it would look like.

As for everyone's comments about "do I need to change if what I'm doing is working for me?" -- I say that's a discussion for you and your coach. I see it as a positive step for those people who never felt full enough -- they feel okay about which things they can have more of. If what you're doing is satisfying, working, and you feel good on it, I wouldn't be stressed about changing until more of us talk to coaches to find out the "why's". What's that old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"