Long break in my journey. Re-motivating?

• So its easy to forget how far you have come when it was such a long way to begin with. 200 lbs is like digging here to China and back. I have made it so far. As of January I had lost 115 lbs in 12 months. All through lifestyle change--healthy eating and exercise. After that mark I seemed to have stalled out though.

I filed for divorce and am just trying to figure out who and where I am in the word. I really want to finish--to be as healthy as I can be. I still exercise (walk for an hour) several times a week and have not gained back. But I do slip a lot on food and am not doing the heavier exercise I need to continue to drop weight. I feel so much better, but am for sure not finished.

Having been a bulemic teen its something I always fight with. I stopped that in my 20's but I don't see results in the mirror--I see flaws. Classic with eating disorders I guess. And the crazy amount of loose skin that I am dealing with and will continue to deal (and how will I ever be able to afford to get it fixed???--ugh) doesn't help.

Anyone been right here that has advice on how to kick myself in the butt and get going again? I am hoping this is a place to start.
  • I've said so many times before that I wish someone could bottle motivation. It's got to come from within. When it clicks, it really works.

Obviously, you know you have the power within you, since you had made such terrific progress.

I wish you success in your journey!
  • Congrats on losing 115 lbs!

What I find that helps is to try something completely different. This can even mean trying a new eating plan, even if it isn't something you plan to stick with forever. Also, try new exercise. If you can, try taking a class or just doing something different.

I find that changing it up a bit can be just the "oomph" needed to getting re-motivated.

Best wishes!
  • Thank you so much for the replies