Curves

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • Well, I finally bit the bullet and joined Curves today. They were some of the nicest people that I have ever met. I went when I got off work, so I didnt have a chance to work out today but I cant wait till tomorrow. I have never stuck to anything before, but I KNOW this will be different. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Cassandra
  • Hi Cassandra.

CONGRATULATION'S on joining Curves. I am sending you some good vibes and luck for your first work out tomorrow. : : Have fun!
  • CURVES ROCKS!
    Ok. I just got home from my first work out at Curves. It is wonderful. I feel so much better even after just one time. Cant wait untill tomorrow. The only bad thing is they are not open on the weekend.

I have some buddy passes but cant find anyone to go with me, but thats ok because when I am all skinny and tan (joined the tanning bed too) they will be begging to go. I will show them...hehehe

Thanks for the encouragement!

Cassandra
  • Curves
    Hi Cassandra
    I go to Curves to, I am on my 3rd month, and I love it. I made a comittment to myself that I would go at least the minimun of 3 times a week. I have never been one to go to a gym by myself, but going to Curves is Fun and easy to do alone. The best part about it, is that im out of there in 30 minutes. In my first month I lost a total of 3 inches, and by the end of my second month 5 1/2. Im happy with the resluts, even though I have not lost any weight in going, but at least Im losing the inches. I know that the weight will start coming off now because Im dieting also. Im looking forward to August. They will be doing the 6 week challenge, and I cant wait. If you can, get the book, and the workbooks that they sell they are good tools. the book and workbook are about $5 each, and then they have the hardcover book which runs about $15. I haven't bought that one yet, because Ive been busy reading other things, but I plan on getting it. I hear it is really good. let me know how you do after your first measure day. Good Luck.
  • I have a question about Curves...I know somebody that goes to one on her lunch break, 3 days a week. Just how sweaty of a work out is this? I'd like that idea because I am only a few blocks from my local Curves and I get an hour for lunch, but I don't want to go back to work sticky and red-faced. Is that the kind of workout it is? Otherwise, I'll have to pick another gym because the hours are so limited at Curves.
  • There are times that I can leave there without ever breaking a sweat. and then there are times when I work up a pretty good sweat. There are alot of women who dont ever break a sweat. How hard you work out is really up to you. I agree with you about the hours, they are limited, but fortunately for me it works out. Some Curves are even open on Saturdays. If you are interested in trying it out, Call your local Curves and tell them you want to try a week for free before signing up. I got my first week for free, but because I really liked it I ended up signing up before my free week was over.
  • Curves
    I usually work up a good sweat. I try to work as hard as I can though. I always leave with a red face. Just try it out and I can almost bet that you will love it. I wish my local Curves was open on Saturdays. My goal is to not miss a day in a whole month. I am 5 for 5 right now. I cant wait till the 22nd...thats my measurment day!! yipee

I am glad you mention the Curves books. I have been wondering about them. Now I may have to check them out!

Happy Curving!
  • I have Curving for about 10 weeks...My weigh in is on th 19th....so far I have lose 15.25 inches and a lousy 3 pounds...My mom and I are considering purchasing a franchise of Curves...that will be open all day on Saturday and may even have a seperate room for children to play

I have bought the Curves Journal...it's for $5 at my Curves...if you are thinking about buying the Curves book...you don't have to ...the Journal is the basically the same thing...pretty same information...but it has areas where you can keep a journal and write things down...

Have a good day
  • Opening up a franchise of Curves would be so neat. Ours has a room with a TV and VCR in it for the kids to watch but nothing fancy. The owner has ordered us a new piece of equipment. It is supposed to work on the obliques. This will add about 3 min to the work out but who cares. Whats 3 min. right?! I am excited about it. I am looking for the Curves workbook thing online but can only find the whole book. Oh well, I will keep looking or I will go to Bookland tomorrow.

Have fun Curving!!!
  • Hi,

I am not new to 3FC, but I am new to Curves. I will be joining on Monday, when a new franchise opens up near me.

I joined WW in July of 1998 at 280lbs and by that Christmas had lost 50lbs, but did not exercise. Then I hit a huge plateau and it took me until the fall of 2000 to lose another 30 and hit 200lbs ( I actually lost 90 but because I didn't stay under 200 very long I look at 200 as my lowest). The only way I lost the additional 30 is because I went thru some exercise spurts, but could not be consistent about it. Long story short, I faded away from WW because I wasn't losing (because I didn't exercise) and have gained back 50lbs over the last 3 years. Now that I have looked into Curves I am hoping to use the WW points system on my own and do the Curves for the exercise. Hopefully the two will get me back to 200.

I really enjoyed the threads I was on when I was doing WW. Hopefully we can keep this one going.

I will let you all know how my first visit went.

Sheri
  • curves is fantastic..!!
    Hey ladies!! Just caught sight of these posts.. I have been going to curves for almost 3 months, I go right after work. It's right down the street from my office, the people are fabulous and I love to go. Unfortunately with a sinus infection, I've only made it once this week ..

Amby, that would be wonderful, good luck with the curves venture.

Good luck with your first visit Sherry, I'm sure you'll be hooked, I have found familiar faces and lots of smiles at mine.. The atmosphere will keep you going...

I work up a lil sweat usually, although there are some girls at my office who go at lunch, no matter when you can fit it in,, ITS WORTH IT>.... congrats to you ladies you have made the committment, the results will amaze you.

Dont be discouraged by the weight not coming off, I lost 13.75 inches my first month and only 3.5#, need to get measured/weighed again.. shame on me.. needless to say the scale isnt showing squat but my clothes are amazingly lose.. gotta love that.. keep smiling ladies and in the words of my sweet boyfriend-- curves are good..

• Curves
    Curves is wonderful! I joined almost a month ago, and I work out every day. The staff is very helpful, and the members are so friendly and helpful. I never knew working out could be so much fun ~ I already see results.

Stay with the Curves concept, and good luck!
  • Curves
    Hi everyone...I noticed several of you have mentioned the fact that your local Curves is not open on week-ends. Fortunately, the one I go to is open on Saturdays, but only for two hours. Also, the facility is closed during the week for most of the afternoon and reopens for a couple of hours in the evening. This is somewhat of an inconvenience for a lot of people, but I guess that is the luxury of owning a franchise ~ you can pick your own hours. Perhaps, as more and more women hear about and join Curves, our exercise time will become more flexible. For now, I continue to tell friends about Curves and encourage them to get in on the fun!
  • The Curves that I go to is not open on Saturday’s either, but they have only been open since April.
    I was told that once membership increases they would start to open on Saturdays. But would only be open for a couple of hours. The hours at Curves work for me, because I usually go on my way home from work.. I used to stay and work till about 6 then go home, now I leave work between 4:30 and 5 and I’m usually home by 6. I’m a lazy weekend person. I like being able to sleep in, since I usually stay up late on Friday nights. So even if they were open on Saturdays I probably wouldn’t go anyway.

I have been so sick for the last week, that I have not made it in to Curves to go work out. I’m really bummed about it too. I don’t like missing more than 2 days in a row, because then it seems as though I’m starting from day one. Being sick has made me miss a week already. I’m hoping that I can start back again on Monday. I think I even get weighed and measured next Thursday. And I have dropped 10.5 pounds since last month, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how my measurements are now.
    Ok, well I guess it is back to work for me.

Bye 4 now
  • Angel4real... Congrats on your 10.5 pounds. That is great. I hope I lose a considerable amount like that. I think at our Curves if you loose 10 inches in the first month you get a T-shirt or something like that. I cant wait to measure for the first time on the 22nd. All I know is that I can take my denim shorts off without unbuttoning and zipping them! yipppeeee!!!! Thats got to mean something right?

Looking back through the thread I see where shadesOme lost 13.75 inches in the first month. That rocks!!

Well, gotta go eat dinner (health food)
    Happy Curving!