Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 33

You're on Page 31 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Oh, and weekend after next we are going to Baton Rouge for my hubby's family reunion - temptation city! My family lives there too so we will be doing lots of visiting centered around food. I'm going to need to do some strategizing. My coach said we will work on a strategy at my first weigh - in, but I am sure you all have some tips as well!
    I feel your pain!!! I live in New Orleans and there is so much temptation here. You seem like you have the right mentality though, you are spending the money and want to stick with the program, so you should be able to resist the temptation easily. Honestly, I haven't craved the things I used to crave since after the first week of the diet (other than cheese, but I keep telling myself that P1 isn't forever and to stick with it).

I hope you enjoy your trip to Louisiana and keep your food with you and extra emergency packs for a just in case scenario. We went tubing the other day and everyone brought all sorts of food I can't have, but I was content with my BBQ crisps for my snack.
  • Quote: I feel your pain!!! I live in New Orleans and there is so much temptation here. You seem like you have the right mentality though, you are spending the money and want to stick with the program, so you should be able to resist the temptation easily. Honestly, I haven't craved the things I used to crave since after the first week of the diet (other than cheese, but I keep telling myself that P1 isn't forever and to stick with it).

I hope you enjoy your trip to Louisiana and keep your food with you and extra emergency packs for a just in case scenario. We went tubing the other day and everyone brought all sorts of food I can't have, but I was content with my BBQ crisps for my snack.
    Hi ladies! I live in Louisiana too.
  • Quote: Hi ladies! I live in Louisiana too.
    I knew I liked you!
  • Sorry for all the questions but I can't seem to find this answer using the search feature. Are LaCroix sparkling waters ok? They are 0-0-0 with no phosphates .thanks in advance!
  • July Starter and 100% Wannabe
    I began my IP program on Wed July 9, and am thrilled with my loss in just 4 days, and I have just spent the better part of today reading this entire thread - Lisa recommended it to the July Starters, and I find it to be so encouraging and motivating.

I have two primary causes that have led me to yoyo my way to my all time high weight that was registered at my initial IP weigh in. One is an unbelievable addition to sugar, and the other is consistently self sabotaging actions that have destroyed my attempts at every weight loss program I have tried and any form of 'eating management'. I have lost the same 20, then 30, then 40 lbs repeatedly until it grew to 50, then 60 lbs overweight, and now it's really 80 lbs that I need to lose if I want to be at a truly healthy weight for my height.

Your commitment to 100% OP seems like exactly the kind of attitude I need to 'own' in order to re-train myself away from the sources of even the smallest amount of sugar, and to avoid the tendency to let little steps over the line just sabotage my efforts.

I am so encouraged by your stories of challenges and successes - I hope I can be a regular in this group where I can learn what I need to know in order to really succeed this time. I want to be one of those that Lisa notes in her posts - those who make goal, and tackle maintenance with the same determination as Phase 1.

Tomorrow is my Week #1 Weigh In and measurement with coach (not a full 7 days, but Mondays will be my regular check in). I am psyched to see the official results!
  • Quote: Sorry for all the questions but I can't seem to find this answer using the search feature. Are LaCroix sparkling waters ok? They are 0-0-0 with no phosphates .thanks in advance!
    I asked my coach the same thing! She said they are okay if you "need" something carbonated from time to time but not to substitute it for water. I was hoping I could sneak some Fresca in, but, alas it is sweetened with aspartame. You get used to the water quickly or I'll add lemon juice or cucumber to mine I give it some flavor.
  • Thank you!
  • creolelady - welcome! Glad you found us! You'll find so much support and motivation here.

On the upcoming trip, pre-planning is the key to success I think. There have been a couple of travel threads recently that had great ideas and would apply to your travels too. I'll see if I can dig them up and bump them for you.

My biggest trick for family gatherings was to make it about the people, not the food. I went into those events with the idea that I wasn't there to eat, I was there to see family. Amazingly enough, it worked!

Try stationing yourself away from the food. Instead of hanging out in the kitchen, go play with the kids, set the table, etc. so you have less temptations.

kissi - I'm with you. After the first couple of weeks I rarely had cravings or missed things that weren't on P1. And congrats on your losses - you're doing great!

oneuh2 - welcome and you have a great attitude! I really think being determined to stay OP from the start helps in the long run. I know that just following the rules and not making my own decisions about food was rather liberating for me. Doing things my way made me fat. It was nice to be able to work on the mental part of diet without having to worry about the food. You'll do great!
  • Thanks, RuthAnn. I really can't get over how much motivation and insight this site has provided me. This is such an exciting diet when the lbs start coming off and I can see the difference in my clothes. I haven't had anyone "notice" I've lost any weight (or at least no comments yet), but I can see and feel a difference and that feels GREAT!
  • Day 1 is almost over!
    Everyone --- I can't believe day 1 is almost over! I've been 100%focused and on plan. I did eat my extra packet this afternoon when i would have normally been eating a pastry and having a latte. I had my extra packet for the first week and water instead.

I just took some fish out of the oven which I will have with salad and steamed broccoli. I'm encouraged by day 1!
  • Oh, and I am about to get ready for my yoga class tonight! i'm going to eat dinner that I cooked afterward. Just snacked on a cup of sliced cucumbers.
  • Quote: Everyone --- I can't believe day 1 is almost over! I've been 100%focused and on plan. I did eat my extra packet this afternoon when i would have normally been eating a pastry and having a latte. I had my extra packet for the first week and water instead.

I just took some fish out of the oven which I will have with salad and steamed broccoli. I'm encouraged by day 1!
    Good job! That is a textbook P1 day. Keep it up.
  • First Week Weigh In- I am official!
    This was really just day 6 for me - my program start and weigh in was on Monday last week, but I did not start the program until Wed, so my official loss of 6.4 lbs at Week 1 Weigh In reflects 5.5 days on the program. I have revised my ticker to reflect these official numbers rather than my at home scale readings.

I reviewed with my coach all the areas that I had questions about that might translate in to 'cheats' and found that I was 100 percent except the day that I had maple oatmeal for breakfast and chocolate soy puffs for a snack... mid-way thru the packet of soy puffs I realized that they were restricted and I stopped eating them -- just saved the remainder and finished them off the next day as my snack. I think this counts as an error, not a 'cheat'...

Right now I am more confident that I can do this right-- and I was able to get the new June 2014 program sheet! According to the revised meal plan, now we can have a number of unlimited raw veggies as well as lettuce (there is a list of greens including cukes and spinach), 'sometimes veggies' limit is 4 cups rather than 2x per week, and the 2 cup quantity of veggies is 'before cooking.' I am still reviewing the details to be sure I understand them -- and, tomorrow I will scan and share the pdf. Today I am sharing the attached photo of the new sheet - you can hopefully zoom in to read.

Thanks for being here as I continue on my journey!
  • Went for my (now) monthly weigh in with coach and we chatted about how things are going... I am up a bit (haven't changed my ticker) - 5 lbs - but have picked up the new Phase 1 sheet and back at 'er to bring it to my goal again instead of being at top of maintenance range. But it's TOM 2 weeks late and creating havoc with my moods & foods, dudes.

I did well today though at staying on plan and pretty well phase 1... well OK, phase 2 since I was out with Dad at lunchtime.
    Liana
  • Liana You are so on top of your maintenance game. Great job for jumping back to phase 1, you will get rid of those few extra pounds in a hurry! Go girl!