IP Daily Chat Friday 5/30/2014

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote:
    Happy Friday everyone!
    Have officially lost 100lbs on IP and feel so grateful for such a great program and forum. I saw the discussion on bra's earlier, my coach measured my bust today and noticed that it had grown and asked if I bought a new bra, my response, "yes a padded one!" I have lost 2lbs today and the inches keep coming off waist, hips, and bust.
    What an awesome accomplishment!
  • Quote: No sausage, not really.
    Only meats on the sheet.
    That's what I thought. Just double checking. Thank you.
  • Quote: Happy Friday. I started my plan yesterday and thought I would never fall asleep last night! I made a bunch of trips to the bathroom....oh the water....and I felt oh so hungry. I thought, "this diet is stupid", and I was very tempted to get up and eat a bagel. Carbs anyone?

Well I resisted the urge, fell asleep, slept great, and woke up this morning feeling fine! I had to laugh at myself! Lol...thought I was gonna up and die from starvation after one day!:-)

Great forum! Thanks for all the great info!
    Just a bit of something to help about the water and bathroom issue...
    I try to have 5 glasses down by the time I have lunch, then you only have 3 to go - 1 after lunch, 1 after dinner (to take supplements), and 1 for a cup of herbal tea or last glass of water to take cal/mag with before bed.
    Then you don't wake up to pee all the time, just during the morning, lol.

Liana
  • My first NSV? I was in talking to my boss today and she told me she can see I'm losing weight already. Maybe a small thing, but it made me feel really good. My clothes are already fitting differently. Here we go!
  • So tonight I had my sisters family here and my mom and dad. I was in charge of deciding what I was making for dinner. I made the Chicken salsa verde (IP friendly) and cauliflower rice in the oven. It was so GOOD. My whole family ate it even the kids and my son asked me to make it for dad when he gets home. Love being able to cook healthy for everyone and not feeling like the odd ball.
  • I love your post about serving everyone IP friendly food. Other than the space packs, there is nothing weird about the dinners. It is great and healthy food and I'm sure people love to try new things. Who would think of cauli-rice but if someone served me that, I'd go home and make it too. I love when my kids fight to eat my big mac in a bowl or something -- I'll get those veggies into them yet! heh, heh, heh....
  • Quote: Hooray - I have now moved out of the official BMI "Obese" category and moved into the only "Overweight" category! My BMI is now below 30%.

I know that in some sense, the official formula for the BMI is arbitrary and not always accurate, but it is still a gauge and a way to set goals and milestones.

Next BMI goal is to move into the "normal" category but that will take another 39 pounds. I have a few other goals I can make before then. Next is -100 pounds while on IP (I started low carbs on my own before IP and hit -112 today).

Sun is shining, good day!
    Congratulations!!!! What a fantastic accomplishment!!! Can't wait to join you there!
  • Quote: My first NSV? I was in talking to my boss today and she told me she can see I'm losing weight already. Maybe a small thing, but it made me feel really good. My clothes are already fitting differently. Here we go!
    Awesome!!!
  • Not much in my neck of the woods today....just trucking along, making healthier choices & feeling stronger every day! I'm amazed at how little I miss the carbs/sweets...I really don't feel like I'm "missing out on good food" like I thought I would! I do miss milk, though.....I love milk!
  • Quote: I say holding off on bras is a mistake
    We want the girls "up" and proud. Besides, bras too big don't give proper support.
    Even if you just buy 2 to get you thru til next size.
    2 things I don't skimp on: good shoes & well-fitting bra
    Amen, Sister!!!
  • Butterfly, I was on BP Meds when I started. I was taken off of the Meds- because my bp is great now! Thank you IP I am still using the IP sea salt, because that is what my coach recommended. You will be tossing those pills in no time.
  • Looks like an amazing Saturday here. Wishing you all a great day. I have to help at a giant yard sale so I'll be looking for "gizmos" and "gadgets" that I don't need. Maybe I'll find a dehydrator or an ice cream making machine. I still want those things! I remember last year when we had someone making IP ice cream from cucumber etc. Always thought it sounded fun to try. If anyone else out there is an IP ice cream maker, keep us posted on a recipe!