Emotional/binge Eating

• I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm re-posting a similar topic....

So even though my eating habits have changed I still struggle with binge eating. I've tried getting busy, confronting my emotions, or even leaving my room/house but it seems to still overpower me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm vegan, so I binge on "healthy" foods per say, but I'm never actually "hungry". Thank you for any advice!
  • Hi Check out no stone unturned's thread. She is blogging and seems to have found a certain book helpful.

I used to binge. So far i have been able to avoid getting into a binge since i started in early january.

At the moment, i'm feeling emotionally fragile and this is when i would like to eat a load of crap. I was in town this afternoon and instead of what i usually buy and i bought 3 lamb loin chops as a treat for me. I generally try to be vegetarian. I will have them with garlic yoghurt, broccoli and mushrooms. It will be quite a big meal.

I have come so far on my diet that i don't want to break it with a binge. I really don't want to ever go back to my old eating habits. The changes i've made are for life. Through thick and thin i am plan to stick to my plan.

I was lucky that when i started this time, i was in a good space with my mood and life. It helped get me off to a good solid start but i've had some challenges since then. I now just try to use other means mostly to comfort myself when i am struggling.

I will eat more food than usual but it will continue to be nutritious food. And it will be yummy food. So yeah i'm treating myself with chops instead of the traditional cakes, chocolate, lollies that i used to do and which made me eat uncontrollably and get fat.

So ultimately i think we do may have to resist giving in.

if you are binging on salads and vegies, what's the problem. For weightloss eat fewer calories, for managing your emotions treat yourself perhaps. But if you can stay away from the foods that you don't have any control over, that will be the best thing. I think.