Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this!

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • Didn't do well over the weekend. Gained 6lbs, yikes
  • Quote: sorry for silly question. what is a sticky and where art they
    Click this link. You may want to book mark it.
    This is the list of all the IP threads in the IP sub-forum.

At the top, you'll see 2 threads with a red Sticky in front of them. These are informational threads...not meant for posting. Keep your questions in the other threads. But that is where you'll find the stickies.

Welcome!
  • Quote: Didn't do well over the weekend. Gained 6lbs, yikes
    Yikes!! Jemma, what happened?
    Oh no
  • Starting week 3 and feeling motivated
    Good morning,

Today is the start of my 3rd week. I had my weigh in today for last week and am down 2 more lbs. I weigh in once a week on Monday morning. I am happy about that because from Jan - mid May I averaged 2 lbs a month by cutting gout refined foods and watching what I ate and such. I have seen on other posts that people doing IP or an alternative loose a lot more, but I am not going to let myself compare myself to others...this is my own journey and everyone is unique. I think that my attitude has everything to do with this, so am keeping to the high road! I really LOVE having some nourishment every few hours - I think my body really likes it and responds with more energy and less brain fog. I have not done the protocol perfectly, but am not aiming at perfection here. I do not want to be critical of myself because I had a glass of wine or something. Looking forward to this week - moving into it with momentum and motivation.
    Good luck this week everyone!

Week 1 -2.5 lbs
    Week 2 -2.0 lbs
  • Another weigh in success! 3.6 lbs down in one week- 13lbs bye! I am kinda of getting bored with all the IP flavors, I might need to change this diet up a bit
  • So here is a question for the group...I have spent countless hours searching threads and going thru peoples posts, but I can't waste any more time trying to find this information... when you are in cycling out thru phase 2 and 3 are you supposed to continue taking all the vitamins? What about on Phase 4...when you are in maintenance? Are you supposed to go back to your regular multi vitamins? Just trying to figure out what I need to buy more of. I am starting phase 2 this Thursday!
    To make you feel a wee bit better: you did NOT gain 6 pounds of fat. As someone else pointed out (John I believe) 3500 calories is a pound , so you had to eat an extra 21,000 calories to have put on 6 pounds, and I really doubt you did that. Some of it will be because you're out of ketosis. Some will be water. Some could be fluid retention, TOM.. LOTS of reasons.... Don't panic. Get back on the plan and that weight should come off pretty quickly.

However, it is a good "reality check" that I keep saying -- if you just jump off the plan you'll put the weight back on as quickly as it came off. You have to "phase out" on this diet to reset the pancreas and ease back into carbs or you'll be "re-starting" with a few of us, and that isn't where you want to be.

Have no fear -- get back on track and all will be well.
  • Quote: So here is a question for the group...I have spent countless hours searching threads and going thru peoples posts, but I can't waste any more time trying to find this information... when you are in cycling out thru phase 2 and 3 are you supposed to continue taking all the vitamins? What about on Phase 4...when you are in maintenance? Are you supposed to go back to your regular multi vitamins? Just trying to figure out what I need to buy more of. I am starting phase 2 this Thursday!
    I'm sorry I'm not any help with this question. I have not even really looked past phase 1 since I know it will be a long long time before I leave it. Maybe try posting this question over in the daily chat thread since people that are already maintaining post there and I'm certain they will know the exact answer.
  • Quote: I'm sorry I'm not any help with this question. I have not even really looked past phase 1 since I know it will be a long long time before I leave it. Maybe try posting this question over in the daily chat thread since people that are already maintaining post there and I'm certain they will know the exact answer.
    Yeah, I posted it over there too! I am just trying to get everything lined up for what I will need this next month...I hate not being prepared!
  • Quote: Yeah, I posted it over there too! I am just trying to get everything lined up for what I will need this next month...I hate not being prepared!
    Oh I understand...completely! Try posting the question in the Maintainers thread... Here is the link to it----> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-14-a-17.html
  • Went away for the weekend. Was at a concert Saturday. Didn't eat terribly bad just a salad with chicken but, I had regular dressing. Then ate a really bad brunch on Sunday at a mexican place. I know it's not fat and I know I'm out of ketosis. I expect to be stalled for a couple days. I assume a lot of it is water. I am back on track today. Crazy thing to me is that I didn't really eat all that bad except that one meal at the Mexican place. Not making any excuses . I chose to do it knowing I would gain.

I find weekends so hard to stay on plan. I spend weekends with my boyfriend and we have always gone out to eat quite a bit. I know that I can always order chicken and veggies but, I chose not to.
  • Quote: So here is a question for the group.... when you are in cycling out thru phase 2 and 3 are you supposed to continue taking all the vitamins? What about on Phase 4.
    Any phase sheet I have has all the vitamins still on it -- they are older phase sheets but I doubt that part changed.
  • Thank you All for the warm welcome and great advice. I am so very tempted of trying IP but am nervous. I had my gallbladder removed in February and just don't know how to start. Although reading about all the success stories from all of you makes me wonder why I'm procrastinating to start. I don't know why I am nervous. Is being in ketosis state dangerous for too long? With living on fewer calories, will I feel weak? I also have an underactive thyroid which I'm taking synthroid for. Reality is what are my chances of losing weight without a gallbladder and an inactive thyroid? I feel helpless..what should I do? I really am interested but don't know how to proceed.
  • Quote: Went away for the weekend. Was at a concert Saturday. Didn't eat terribly bad just a salad with chicken but, I had regular dressing. Then ate a really bad brunch on Sunday at a mexican place. I know it's not fat and I know I'm out of ketosis. I expect to be stalled for a couple days. I assume a lot of it is water. I am back on track today. Crazy thing is that I didn't really eat all that bad except that one meal at the Mexican place. Not making any excuses . I chose to do it knowing I would gain.

I find weekends so hard to stay on plan. I spend weekends with my boyfriend and we have always gone out to eat quite a bit. I know that I can always order chicken and veggies but, I chose not to.
    Once I started IP just before Easter, it was a SHOCK to me how much my life, my relationship with my hubby, and even my kids revolved around food! On mother's Day, my 7 year old said he didn't know what to get me b/c all of the treats I "loved" were edible. It 's been a good challenge to redefine myself and my family without food being in the center. My hubby and i go veggie shopping or prepare healthy meals, have coffee or unsweetened tea instead of indulging as a way to bond.

I keep reminding myself I am now eating to live instead of living to eat!