Atkins Products

• Hi I am just wondering if Atkins products can be used while doing IP if so which ones are ok thank you
  • Quote: Hi I am just wondering if Atkins products can be used while doing IP if so which ones are ok thank you
    I know that the tetra-pack shakes have too much fat... the ratio of fat/protein/carbs is off. I don't know about the other items.

If you go to the first post in the "Alternative Products that work on IP" thread, you can find the guidelines for nutritional info for substitutes. Lots of really good information.
  • Quote: Hi I am just wondering if Atkins products can be used while doing IP if so which ones are ok thank you
    Every Atkins product I have checked is too high in fat and/or has other nutritional components that do not fit IP.
  • ok thank you so much for your help
  • I use the Atkins Peanut Fudge Granola bars ONCE IN A WHILE on maintenance - they have 45% of their calories from fat though - so I call them restricted - but I have only used these for convenience on maintenance. They wouldn't be allowed on regular Phase 1, though.

Here's a suggestion but they are hard to find (they are made in Canada) www.wellnessfoods.ca and you can buy online - they have a USA store too: The Simply Bar Peanut Butter & Chocolate here's the Nutrition facts and they are NON GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and GF Certified - formulated by a person with Crohn's Disease. The Lemon & Coconut are comparable but I don't have one to look at right now.

40g serving bar
    Calories 160
    Fat 4g (22.5% of the calories from fat)
    Sodium 130 mg
    Potassium 80 mg
    Carbs 16g (4g are fiber so 12 net carbs)
    Protein 16g
  • Simply bars are available in the US through Netrition.com