Breakfast - what did you have today?

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Snyder's bacon cheddar pretzel pieces
  • I made this crazy ridiculous super yummy thing called a Sweet Omelet. The taste is like a custard; the texture is like a crepe. It really doesn't seem eggy to me at all. I used it as a "crepe" to make a cheese blintz, filled with a mixture of cottage cheese & cream cheese, and topped with mixed berry compote. (I used Stevia in place of the sugar in the recipe and didn't add any sweetener to the berries.) And with that I had an Al Fresco Wild Blueberry Chicken Sausage.

Such a wonderfully indulgent yet healthyish brekkie for a lazy Sunday morning.
  • Thanks for the recipe link novus, that looks really good!

Smoothie today with soy milk, banana, and blueberries.

Edit: also added in 1tbl peanut butter and 1/4 avocado.
  • Novus, I'd say yes to the sweet omelette but its got 1 tablespoon of sugar in it for one serve! Its like mains and dessert in one.

As a breakfast, I could probably cope with that once a year but i'd still prefer a pancake which has no sugar.

My super un-indulgent breakfast this morning was 1 cup of raw peanuts in a shell. It occurred to me that this would make a good breakfast for people in a hurry or who don't like breakfast.

I was going to have something else as well, like fruit but maybe i'll have it later if i get hungry.

I've had 2 coffees so far.
  • Quote: Novus, I'd say yes to the sweet omelette but its got 1 tablespoon of sugar in it for one serve!
    No, there's only 2 teaspoons of sugar in the omelette....and it actually tastes great with even a bit less than that. (The recipe also calls for sugar in the berries but I skip that entirely because berries are sweet enough.)

The great thing about this recipe is that you get all of the protein of a regular savory omelette but you also get the taste experience of eating something like pancakes which are pure carbs and no protein at all.
  • Whole Wheat Bagel with Cream Cheese
  • Scotch Eggs - a hard-cooked egg wrapped in sausage and baked. Plus a Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bar, which is like one of the most delicious thing ever.

You can see the original recipe for the bars here. The idea is great but the recipe is a bit vague, so this is how I made mine:

Berry Granola Frozen Yogurt Bars (makes 10 bars)

2 C. plain 0% Greek yogurt (I used Aldi's brand)
    one 5.3 oz. container raspberry Greek yogurt (I used Aldi's brand)
    3/4 C. sliced strawberries
    1/2 C. blueberries
    1/4 C. blackberries
    3/4 C. homemade quinoa granola*

Mix everything together. Pour into parchment-lined 11x7-inch biscuit/brownie pan and freeze until solid. (I left mine overnight, about 10 hours.) Remove from freezer and score (make shallow cuts in the surface) for cutting bars of equal size - 10 pieces, approximately 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. Let the bars thaw until soft enough to cut (original recipe said 5 minutes; mine took about 40 minutes) and cut along score markings. Wrap each bar in wax paper. Place all the wrapped bars in a Ziploc baggie and store in freezer until ready to eat.

Nutrition (for 1 bar)
    Calories: 101
    Fat: 3
    Carbs: 11
    Protein: 7

*Homemade Quinoa Granola (makes about 3 cups)
    1 C. old-fashioned oats
    1/2 C. steelcut oats
    1/2 C. quinoa
    1/2 C. chopped almonds
    1/2 C. chopped walnuts
    2 T. extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 C. maple syrup

Stir together and spread on baking sheet. Bake 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 325 and bake another 30 minutes. Cool completely.
  • Yesterday I had three eggs scrambled, with ham. No breakfast today!
  • a microwaveable container of Mac and Cheese
  • Epic breakfast since no time for lunch today
    -2 gf waffles w/1/2tbl butter and 2tbl syrup
    -piece of plain gf toast
    -2.5 eggs scrambled with 1.5 slices df cheese
    -1/4 c blueberries
    -banana/soy/unsweetened cacao smoothie

....and I think I'm going to explode.
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats made into porridge with water and a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt
    nearly 1 cup cold milk

coffee
  • a bacon and cheddar braut burger
  • Iced coffee with about 1/2 cup whole milk and a tablespoon of honey simple syrup. Trying this as my "breakfast" on non-fast days and will have breakfast for lunch...
  • My usual smoothie with banana, cacao, soy milk, and protein powder I'm so boring
  • a bacon and cheddar braut burger