May WW Chat

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Koshka. Did you ask about water walking? Of course don't do anything that is going to aggravate the situation. I give you credit for thinking of different exercises. I would just get depressed and become a couch potato over the frustration of the setback.

I'm going to look up some appetizers in the WW's cookbooks to brink over my sister's house. I am determined not to sabotage myself at all this week. I want to see good results from now to July 4th when I go on vacation.

I joined a WW's group on fb, its sort of the antithesis of this group But I get some very motivating information there. My newest find, if you were an ice-cream junky like myself. Arctic Zero frozen treat an entire pint 3 points! not bad for when you get an ice-cream craving and want to eat more than 1/2 a cup.

hang in there!
  • I can't do water walking now because I'm not supposed to bear any weight at all on my left leg. I can however use the rower so I am getting in some exercise. Once I can put weight on my leg (4 weeks) I am leaning to getting an elliptical.

I weighed in Friday and lost 1.2 pounds and got my 35 pound star. But, losing weight this week will be tough. My Fitbit says I burned only 1448 calories on Friday -- and I even left the house to go to the WW meeting. I didn't row though since I had exercised for a couple of days in a row and I find my knee does better if I take a day off after every couple of days of exercise. Saturday I plan to row and hope to get at least another 100 calories of calorie burn from it.
  • Koshka, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! My weight loss journey began with a back injury that had me in pain for well over a year - it still acts up if I don't work on my core and get regular walking in. It sounds like you're committed to not letting this stop you from achieving your goals - and that's wonderful!

After spending all day yesterday tiling the kitchen backsplash, I went completely off the wagon with my eating. Nothing that can't be fixed, but I'm a little disappointed in myself. I'm going to commit to behaving all week and meeting my ActiveLink goals. In fact, I got up and tried to do Jillian Michaels, but I didn't get enough sleep and don't have much of my inhaler left (refill should be ready soon) so I backed off pretty fast. Well, I have to grout the tile this morning and do some yard work, then it's off to the gym!
  • Wow. I wish you gals' dedication to exercise would rub off on me. It hasn't gotten into my brain yet that exercise will make you feel better if you are exhausted, not worse.

The weekends for me are the trickiest, I think because they are so unstructured. I need to account for every hour and morsel. lol

Found a bacon lettuce tomato dip on WW's with poppy seed chips. If they turn out well will post the recipe.

Have a good one!
  • Gorgeous weather here for Mothers Day Sunday. Determined to stick to my points and see the scale go down on Wed. Have a wonderful day!
  • Had another day of poor choices. Forgiving myself and recommitting to my health and fitness today.
  • BLT Dip w/ Poppy seed chips recipe
    Quote: Had another day of poor choices. Forgiving myself and recommitting to my health and fitness today.
    It's so easy to make poor choices. lol When the poor choices are so scrumptious. that's why I was determined to have a decent day yesterday by finding my own recipes and food to bring over to my sister's house.

My WW BLT Dip with Poppy Seed chips were a huge hit! Even the skinny people gobbled it up. The only one who didn't like it was my daughter who stated she doesn't like creamy dips? okaaaay. lol Even if you don't make the dip, try the chips. Awesome, and so easy to make. Also, don't worry if you don't have or can't find the arugula. Just use another type of lettuce instead. Arugula is an Italian lettuce, hubby happens to grow it in our small garden.

BLT Dip with Poppy Seed Chips

Ingredients
    4 large flour tortilla(s)
    1 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
    2 tsp poppy seeds
    4 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon
    3/4 cup(s) light sour cream
    1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
    3 Tbsp uncooked onion(s), sweet-variety, finely chopped
    1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or distilled white vinegar
    1/4 tsp table salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
    3/4 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), fresh, diced
    1/2 cup(s) arugula, thinly shredded
    1 Tbsp fresh tomato(es), fresh, diced (for garnish)
    1/8 cup(s) arugula, thinly shredded (for garnish)
    Instructions
    To make chips, place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Brush one side of each tortilla with egg white and then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Using a pizza slicer or a knife, cut each tortilla into 10 wedges; place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until slightly golden and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove chips to a wire rack to cool.

Meanwhile, to make dip, cook turkey bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels and then tear or chop into small pieces; set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon for garnish. Add remaining bacon, 3/4 cup tomato and 1/2 cup arugula to sour cream mixture; stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend.

Garnish dip with remaining bacon, tomato and arugula just before serving; serve with chips. Yields 5 chips and about 1/4 cup dip per serving.
    Notes
    If you'd like to make the dip more than a few hours in advance, leave out the tomatoes until ready to serve because they can make the dip watery.

The chips can be made several days ahead and stored in an air-tight container.

Sprinkle the chips with salt before baking, if desired.
  • Happy Hump Day. I thrilled to say my determination paid off, and by not going crazy on Mother's Day the scale reflected that with another 1.5 loss, making it a total of 29 lbs.
  • Today I had a major NSV. We had a catered lunch at work today. Lots and lots of NY style Italian food which means lots of melted mozzarella cheese and breaded and fried cutlets. Plus there were several pizzas and garlic knots and bread. Yes, yummy. But instead, I chose the tossed salad and half a grilled chicken sandwich with roasted peppers. Threw the bread away.

Tomorrow's Friday, Yay!
  • Serenity, congrats! That's amazing!

I think (knock on wood) I have my motivation (food-wise) back into check, now just trying not to get too irritated at all the bloat I'm sitting on. I've been hitting the gym pretty hard - and I have plans to attend a kickboxing class Tuesday and a yoga class Wednesday with friends. There is also a yoga class tomorrow that I might go to.
  • PUPMOM I have to get my exercising up, but it's getting there. I'm thinking of getting one of those Fitbit things just for the novelty/motivation of it. But part of me thinks its a waste of money.

Had a good day eating wise. I find when I'm busy, I have no time to think about eating. Also we had a class trip and I knew enough to bring a sandwich from home. So go news even after my frozen yogurt pop as a treat, I still have 7 pts leftover. that means 3 oz of vodka for 2 Friday cocktails.

Have a good one!
  • Happy Sunday. The weather has been delightful this weekend. Got a lot done.

Going for my walk now, then to the store to pick up some ingredients for some recipes I'm making for the week. I found a new recipe from the WW FB page, Fat Flushing Soup, basically the veggie soup with some yams and black beans. 2 pp per cup, or on Simply Filling ALL power foods. Will post receipe later.

I'm also making one of my spinach quiches with real crust.

I tried the WW frozen yogurt pops, and need to look at the ingredients list. I think it has too much sweetener in it because it only causes me to crave more, not satisfy me. Only 2 pp each so even if I eat 2 it is 4 pp.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
  • Lost 1.2 pounds at my weigh in which was good. But, it is getting to be really difficult since I am not supposed to bear weight on my left leg. Sitting around all the time isn't fun. I was able to use my rower if my knee didn't hurt...but now it has started hurting some so I'm not even using the rower right now. It has just been a struggle.
  • I'm holding on to a lot (5lbs) of water weight from last weekend still. My body sure acts like it is fat, making me lose it slowly in the same way. I've also really re-committed to working out and to meeting my ActiveLink goals, and I think that's stalling my efforts too - which is very frustrating, to say the least.

Koshka, I remember being almost totally bedridden for the first month of my back injury and it was awful. But I was sedentary then, and very large, so I can't imagine being active and having the run swept out from under you.
  • Hola All, I'm back with a vengence!! Its been a while since I've been on TFC. Have not gained, but have not lost, boooo!! Today is my restart towards goal day. Wish me luck. Reaching out to you all, reading your posts, and not feeling alone x