300+ Chat Thread: May 2014

You're on Page 5 of 15
Go to
  • As I'm laying down to go to sleep I realize that I didn't post today! Still trying to keep my word on posting daily...nothing much going on today. Spent some quality time with my BIL before work...I'm pooped so I'm off to bed...will post more tomorrow.

Night all!
  • Ubee...my cashews bit the dust last night. I cant leave em alone so I had the fiance' get rid of em. UGH I thought Id be safe with em..obviously not when I keep grabbing "just a few"!!
  • Awwwwww the kitty's are soooo cute. It makes me want one so bad but Killer wouldnt allow that for a minute. She is way toooooo Alpha for her own good. She'd never allow the poor thing near me and would probably beat it to death.
  • Well...
    just a short check in so that you know I didn't leave for good (or bad) or run screaming because of "scale day"(thursday).
    The last two days at work we're just horror, stress would be an underestimation - and for the first time in the last 4 weeks I really felt the need to eat - for emotional reasons...
    I stood in the supermarket and wanted chips and fries and chilly cheese nuggets and lots of chocolade - all my compfy foods - and I left with a bottle of Coke light and some fat free chocolate pudding.
    It was hard...especially as while having "aunt red" around I could eat the whole day - I'm not one of those losing before or after in a tremendous way, not even putting on lots of water - just not losing during that time.
    But I am proud - and the scale told me I lost at least a pound till saturday. Normally I would think that sucks - but today I'm just glad I did not gain and stayed on track.

I absolute love the kittens...can I adopt one?

Of course I tell you more about my holidays - although it is nothing really special - I' go to Italy with my parents for our yearly family holiday. But there is the Garda Lake and italian food and lots of time for sleep, walk, fun and laughter. I really need it and I look forward to it.

Now I have to run - without having time to comment on all the other things and people I wanted to comment on - boss is calling (and I don't like him today) - so maybe next break.

Untill then - Take care everyone - and have a great and successfull day.
  • Ubee ~ Im not sure if I'll have bloodwork done or not.
  • Good Morning!!!
    A good nights sleep, a morning walk in the fresh air, and kids in school make for a whole new attitude! I feel like I can do this today! I'll worry about tomorrow well, tomorrow.
    Terra let us know how much your bloodwork improves next time you have it drawn. You are doing so well and your blood work should be improving with it. I am going to try to do 2 walks today!!!
    Sugar2go great job on not giving into the emotional eating! That is such a hard one. I must inform you going to Italy is a big deal! In case you missed it I went to a funeral yesterday and that was considered a fun social event. (In my little world.) Enjoy your vacation and I will be there with you in spirit! I just googled Garda Lake! Beautiful does not even give it justice. Do you go to some of the old charming villages? WOW!
    Restless I'm proud of you for getting rid of the cashews! Sometimes when I get rid of food I eat it so it won't tempt me anymore. Smart, I know.
    Sam good job staying true to your commitment.
    Have a peaceful day.
  • Good morning all.

Terra Being from Wichita, you're used to hot summers, but usually not this early in the year. When I lived in the Midwest, spring and fall were my favorite seasons, too. Spring when I lived in the South. And now summer living in the Northwest. Good luck with the weigh in -- you've been so good about your walking that a weight loss should be the result.
    Sugar Your family vacation sounds wonderful! And I totally get the problem with having cravings while in the grocery store. Good for you for battling them and winning!
    Restless Cashews are a downfall of mine, too (it's a long list!). Throwing them out is the best way to go as having anything on the list in the house is just asking for disaster.
    Sam Glad you checked in and hope you got a good night's sleep.
    Larry Glad you checked in and hope that you get good results from all of the tests. And your grandfather was right!!!!
    Fi Yep, definitely bat ear stage. Cute as the dickens though. Thanks for sharing.
    Ubee

I'm taking the car in today for servicing, hitting the gym, and then going to buy flowers. It's finally time to plant here. I'm also having a serious talk with myself about this seemingly endless round of lose a pound/gain a pound. Enough already!
  • Well, I was doing really well for several days there, regarding the BERP stress, but yesterday and today I've had all these interruptions. First there were the new kitten pics, which I wanted to put links to in various places, including here, and send to various people, which involved a temporary hassle with not being able to connect to the server for my domain. Then I went to the Co-op pharmacy to pick up a medication I'm out of, only to discover that it hadn't been called in by my shrink. It still hasn't, because I was unable to get through to his secretary today. =sigh= I'm also kind of flustered because the date has arrived when I need to wrap & assemble & write a note (in French, of course) for Robine's birthday present. Inevitably, I have strong feelings about that. As I write these words, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed!

But again, I'm trying to focus on the up side, the blessings: Robine and I are on pretty good terms these days. She actually wrote to me in email (!) that she's been in therapy for a few months, and that it's going much better than her previous trials of therapy. One result of it is that she isn't Robine any more: she's now, finally, comfortable with the name her parents gave her, which is Ignace (pronounced roughly "eeg-NAHSS"). ("Robine" was a handle she & I invented together during our long intense email correspondence, when I grew frustrated with her not having a name.) It also sounds like she's processing a lot of what happened between her & me with her therapist. That's really good news! And she put up a Flickr account just for me, which is called "un regard dans ma vie" (a look into my life)—lots of photos from her walks around Antwerp, where she lives, plus many of her own drawings and watercolors. That was a lovely gesture, and I've really appreciated the care Ignace took with it, setting it up so that it sort of tells a story, including a few photos of her handwritten to-do lists, open books with poems she wanted me to read, that sort of thing. The messages in the Flickr account are loud & clear: she values our friendship and does want to get together with me in person...some day. I am content to wait until she is ready, however long that takes.

There's also been the minor (HA!) matter of our next-door neighbor conducting an enormous landscaping project in his yard over the past week and a half, involving lots of people talking loudly, lots of heavy machinery hauling and spreading dirt, making tons of noise, driving over & damaging the roots of our beloved old silver maple—all right next to the big window over the couch where I'm sitting every day, clipping images out of magazines & catalogs. I can't move my project to another room, because I need the ample daylight from that window to see the colors of what I'm choosing to clip, so I can do at least some of the sorting as I work. I'm very weary of hearing that "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP..." of trucks and tractors backing up.

I just wish I could concentrate on the BERP to the exclusion of all else, which is dumb, because of course life goes on. I'm looking forward to Sunday, when I've promised myself a proper day of rest, along with making a collage I hope...

No, I haven't gone for a walk yet. Sorry. It drives me nuts to have to leave the BERP for even a short trip to the Co-op. It's like the only way I can deal with all the stress of what needs to be done is to be totally immersed in the project. Yes, I know, walking helps you handle stress much better. =sigh= At least I haven't eaten anything off-plan in quite a while, not even extra helpings of muesli.

Thanks so much, guys, for bein' there to write to!
  • Good evening everyone!

Just finished working out...boy did I not want to do it today, but Wednesday is my mid-week rest day so I did anyway....I almost gave up in the last 15 minutes of the video and I had to tell myself to finish....I knew I'd feel bad if I didn't finish and today was only cardio anyway so it's not like I did a real long time...I just did a different video today and I wasn't used to all the moves but boy did I sweat all of those 50 minutes!!! Tomorrow I'll be doing a leg video and then probably do some weighted leg lifts and other things I can do with other gear I have at the house. I just recently bought some resistance bands...not the tubing kind with handles...I have those stuffed in my closet somewhere lol

Still haven't been able to use my balance ball...that was my favorite item besides my weights....I patched it up but it is still deflating, so either it's not working or there's another hole somewhere that I can't find. My grandmother has a balance ball that she isn't using so I'll probably going to just use hers. DH is going to take a look at my ball tonight and see if he can fix it...

Work was just like any other day...I'm just glad tomorrow is Friday...I had one of those weeks where I just really didn't feel like going in..and those pains I have been having really made me not want to be there...Luckily I think the cranberry juice has been helping...I didn't feel any pain today. Still not sure what it was but DH said maybe it was a bladder infection or maybe a kidney infection...not sure if it was because of the ultrasound or not but meh...done and over with

As most of you know I have made a special instagram account to help me along with my weight loss journey when I'm not posting here for inspiration...Today I had a lovely troll comment on a picture I posted last night telling me I look as big as a whale.....At first I thought, meh, just another internet troll and it didn't bother me...but during my work out when I wanted to quit it came into my head and it really made me sad because this person doesn't know how far I've come, or how hard I'm working...which made me persevere and kick butt and finish my work out. That troll probably didn't even know that my IG was for fitness and losing weight...Am I still big? **** yeah I am! But I am A LOT smaller than I was before...and people like that should not even bother me and I should not even give them the time of day...so I didn't, and I'm not. DH wanted me to comment back to him but I told him people like that thrive on other people getting offended by a rude comment. More than anything I feel sad for the boy because he has nothing better to do with his time then to troll the internet and being rude to people he doesn't even know or what their story is. So instead of feeling hurt over something that someone I don't even know said, I'm going to push on through and keep moving on my journey...These are the people I want to see with dropped jaws when I succeed in my journey. I'm not doing this for anyone else other than myself and hopefully one day the baby that grows inside my belly. I don't have anything to prove or show anyone other than myself, and I'm going to keep it that way.

Well I'm off to make me a breakfast dinner tonight! Egg bowl with peppers and onions and hot sauce....who knows, maybe I'll throw some mushrooms in there too! Take care my loving weight loss family!!!
  • Sam— I caught your posting as I was finishing mine, and I just wanted to say that you are right and your husband is wrong: the only way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. They post nasty things like that because they want attention. You should never give them any feedback at all because it just rewards them. So sorry that happened to you! Buck up and move on, you awesome babe! =smile=
  • Ubee ~ I will be sure to let you guys know when and if I get blood work done, Im sure my blood work is improving too.

Betsy ~ Yeah I am used to hot summers but your right its usually not this hot so soon when summer starts but oh well I guess, Where in the mid-west did you live at? Yeah Im hoping to see a good loss when I get weighed Tues because I have been keeping up with my walking since my doctor put me on the 1200 calorie diet but I was keeping up with it even before that too.

I was sure to get my walks in today and I stayed under my calories
  • Good Morning!

Hazelnut on this morning.

Been tied up this week taking care of a few things at the house and doing my bosses job for the week. Yesterday I had to go over and take care of some things for the dog rescue group we work with. Busy, busy, busy, but then again, that distracts me from FOOOOOOD, LOL.

Have a great day!

Dean
  • Good morning!
    Dean glad to hear keeping busy is helping keep the food away!
    Terra I bet having that doctor appointment every month really helps keep you motivated. I may need to find a place for a weekly weighin.
    Sam I'm so sorry you've had this experience. I've been there too and it does sting. Know that you are loved.
    Fi your post reminds me of my VCR scenario. I always want to put the world on pause so I can get my stuff done. Sometimes I want to pause it so I can pig out at a buffet and no one will see me. (Sad I know.)
    Betsy I know, I just want to click my heels and show another loss ever single week.
    Hope to get a lot done today. We are going to a Amish fund raiser dinner tonight and I need to be strong. They also have a bake sale and one of the ladies makes my favorite treat. She always watches for me to buy it.
    Have a peaceful day.
  • Oh darn....I don't want to work on the BERP today... =whine= I don't want to get Ignace's (Robine's) present ready to go in the mail, either. I feel like a little girl saying, "I don't wanna go to school!"

The two must be conected in some way, my feelings about Ignace overlapping into my feelings about the BERP. Maybe it would help to watch the kitten video again a few times. It might kindle the positive emotions that are fueling the BERP.

I know: that was a huge non sequitur for a forum dedicated to weight loss, especially given that I've managed to (mostly) separate my eating behavior from my emotions. Even some of my exercise behavior—my nightly 600 leg lifts—is separated from my emotions. I'm just having a hard time negotiating emotional and other barriers to adding new exercise routines, such as walking, to my repertoire.

Sam, you're so good at being motivated to exercise: I envy you! Is it because you want to have a child? Surely yes...

As for non sequiturs, it's funny: I used to be what some folks call a "topic cop"—someone easily irritated by postings that were off-topic for whatever the setting was. I think it was mostly that I hate "flaming"—people expressing negative emotions toward each other in an Internet discussion. People who are flaming each other are always off-topic, although the converse, of course, is not true. But these days I recognize that all Internet forums are social first and foremost, so if people want to give or solicit support about situations supposedly "unrelated" to the topic at hand, they are not off-topic.

And is anything in our lives really unrelated to the enormous endeavor of losing a lot of weight (or even a little bit of weight)? I don't think so.

OK, I feel better now. I'm ready to orient myself toward the BERP. Thanks, y'all! I oughta just not post this, but I think if I did that, I would start whining again. =laugh=
  • Good morning all. Another day of rain here, but next week is supposed to be sunny and in the 70s so I can plant! And the dogs can be outside instead of romping in the house. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Fi Love, love, love your posts yesterday and today. So glad that you and Ignace are rekindling the friendship as I know that her deciding not to visit was a bad time for you. Good luck with BERP today and hopefully the landscaping crews will be a little quieter.
    Ubee Amish fund raiser sounds like fun. Since it's a fund raiser, could you "buy" your favorite treat but then either give it to someone else or else donate it back to be sold again? If you find those ruby slippers to click your heels with, let me know if they have them in an 11B!
    Dean How cool that you're active in a dog rescue group. I wish Jane were actively posting right now as she'd love that post.
    Terra I love how you just casually mention that you got your walks in and stayed under your calories. I'd be shouting it from the rooftops mainly because it's not happening right now. I grew up around Decatur, IL, but also spent 5 years in the St. Louis area and a year in Lawrence. I liked living in the Midwest except for the climate (although as you and Ubee have pointed out, spring and fall were great!).
    Sam What a mature attitude to not respond to the troll. You're doing great and often the greatest put down is to not respond.

Didn't get into town yesterday to do the flower shopping because it rained literally the entire day. It's supposed to rain some today as well, but at least we'll have a few sun breaks. I'm off to the gym, then getting my hair cut and then I'll go get the flowers. Have a great day.