October Newbies-magnificent motivation in May!

You're on Page 12 of 19
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I had a great long weekend... finally just caught up reading most of the October thread... I definitely have diet fatigue but sooo want to finish this journey!!

I was good for over half my weekend but strayed a little at the end.... June will be crazy busy but I've decided that the rest of the summer is totally doable so for today I'm 100% and planning to power through to goal... I hope the motivation continues because my conscience just isn't bothering me if I go over on my protein or eat a little something I shouldn't have... I had a good talk with myself and we decided that we most definitely do NOT want to be fat again... the sacrifice is worth it every time I look in the mirror!!

I also attended my cousin's bridal shower on the weekend.... one aunt who lost over 70 pounds came right over and asked about my weight loss and discussed how she is trying to take off 10 pounds she regained... not one other person said a word! It was actually kind of strange... I mean... I've lost 75 pounds since they saw me last.. that's at least a seven year old child!! LOL! Maybe they thought it wouldn't be polite?? Other friends and family came to the cabin on the weekend... they definitely noticed and said something... I think I like the complements a little too much!! LOL

Thanks for all your posts.. they truly help me power through!!
  • Kawaii: Sorry to hear about the stress in your life right now. Hope things get better soon.

Steph: Happy Anniversary! Sounds like DH is a keeper. Glad you had fun in Vancouver.

Lucci: IP fatigue has hit us all this past month. Keep moving forward, the motivation will return.

Hiker: People are strange sometimes. I have had family not say anything about my weight loss and others almost crying because they are so happy for me. Compliments are nice, makes us proud of our accomplishment, and gives us motivation to get this done.

Had my WI today, lost another 3.4lbs. It is TOM and that is usually my lowest weight, so I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't come back next week. This may also confirm that I have been having a few too many bites of things I shouldn't have lately, this past week I was SUPER strict with myself. I am having another week of being super strict, I have 16lbs to go to get to my "personal goal" weight. I want to see the 150's next week!

Just because you are struggling does NOT mean you are failing. Every great success requires some kind of struggle to get there.
  • Want2be---I like your quote u just wrote. It is true
  • Hi all,

Just back from book club. Fun night. So tired, just not sleeping.

Kawaii, saing some prayers for you!

Steph, happy anniversary! Glad that you had fun.

Luccilove, sounds like you have a great dr.

Hiker, your weekend sounds fun. Great talk with yourself.

Want2b- woohoo on your WI!

Kooky, hope you had a great day!

I need to get some sleep. Hope it happens.
  • Hi guys, I don't really belong here because I just started in May, but I love reading this thread because you are SUCH an inspiration to me! I keep thinking, "wow, that could be me in a few months!" Keep up the good work, and thanks for being awesome.
  • Steph- Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had fun in Vancouver and are getting warmer weather to get out and be active with your pup.

Lucci- I need to do the same thing- lifting and walking to help get my body tightened up and build muscle. I'm losing lots of hair too, but mp it taking supplements for it yet. I hope the supplements help you. Hope you and your husband enjoy the holiday weekend before he goes out of town.

Kawaii- I'm so glad I didn't come off as being bossy or insensitive. Wishing you healthy test results and a complete recovery! We're here to support you.

Hiker- I'm glad you had a fun weekend! People are really unpredictable when it comes to commenting about our new bodies. It's odd that in a society in which people are so obsessed with weight loss, that people can really be baffled on how to interact with those of us who lose a significant amount of weight. Keep staying strong and OP...no need to prolong P1. That's what I keep telling myself if I am tempted to stray or get tired of being on the diet.

Want2B- Congrats on the WI! That's a good one! I hope you see the 150's next WI! It's always so exciting the break through another 10 lbs. I like your quote because I do feel bad sometimes when I'm not gung-ho about IP or when I feel sorry for myself that I still need to lose a decent amount more weight.

Slipfree- Glad you had fun at book club! I hope you get a restful night's sleep. I've been getting up too early. My coach said it's hormonal. It seems like everything negative on IP gets blamed on hormones. ; )

I had my WI today and lost 2.4 lbs. I have officially past the 70 lbs lost mark. I can't believe it. Today was better. I swear this diet gives me mood swings like no other, especially since I feel like PMS is on & off for two weeks before TOM. Hopefully this goes away after P1.

12Anniepoo- Thanks and feel free to join in on the ongoing conversation. Looks like you're doing great on IP!
  • Kooky has lost 70 pounds!!!!!!
  • Go Kooky----so excited for u!!!
  • Thanks ladies! It was good news on a challenging week of raging IP hormones, P1 fatigue, and work stress. We're almost to the long weekend...thank God!!!
  • want2b thanks for the quote!

slip I hope you got to sleep!

12anniepoo thanks for the post! its good for me to reflect on where I've come from!

kooky thanks for the pep talk! 70 pounds... whee hoo!

nice to see you luccilove! Hope the vitamin D helps!

Kawaii, you continue to amaze me... we are still here for you!!

I had a friend stop by unexpectedly tonight... a family member is dying in the hospital and she needed someone to look after her two small boys.. they have a lot of energy and I was trying to figure out how to keep my hardwood scratch free and my white leather sofas clean.... All I had in my fridge to feed them was some hard boiled eggs, pickles and some cauliflower... I took them to the drive through at McD's then plugged a movie in for them! Not very proper I'm sure but glad to say those burgers, fries and McFlurry's didn't tempt me at all! Whew!!
  • Not sleeping!

Hiker, you are a good friend

12Anniepoo, thanks for the shout out. Glad that we can provide some inspiration! All of our lives have changed for the better. It has not always been an easy journey, but the hard work has been worth it!
  • Hiker- That was sweet of you to help your friend and treat her boys to a kid friendly night. My place is the same way...no non IP foods, so I probably would have done the same thing. Great NSV of not being tempted by the junk food! I really think our brains change after a certain time away from those foods and we no longer have that instant craving when around them.

For everyone: here's a good article written by a woman who lost 80 lbs and is struggling with the things people say to her in light of her weight loss. I could identify with a lot of it. I wish that she would have added a part about what TO say to people who've lost weight. I want to check out her blog.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/53261...ushpmg00000046

Have a great day everyone! Let's power through these two more days until the weekend!
  • Just had my WI. Lost 2lbs. I am a lb off from where I was before the cruise. I feel I am more back on track.

Since my hubby is going away next week. My coach said for me to have my 8 oz protein meal for breakfast or lunch and see if my body likes that better and I lose more weight. Also he said to try to eat unrestricted a few days before WI. So I will try this....maybe change my routine a bit. Will let u know what happens.

Anyone else try this?
  • Congrat Luccilove on the 2 pounds! I am glad that you are finding your groove again.

Have not given up the restricted so far. I do cut back on sodium before WIs.
  • Hey all,

So, hanging in there.. dr said that Gwennie is healing about on par as she expected. They are hoping that there won't be any lasting neurological damage. Going out and walking around at the mall yesterday sent her into a migraine headache today. Poor kid is bored, but doing anything specifically visual seems to be making her nauseous and or dizzy. Soo there's been a lot of sleeping going on.

As for me, I am doing well... sticking OP! I've just not been feeling all that hungry lately, and haven't been eating enough. Phase 2 is HARD!!! supposed to be getting in approximately 1200 calories per dr's requirements, and the most I've been able to do is about 1000 (I think I had one day where I managed 1100). Some of this is psychological, I know this. I see the calorie count going up into the thousands and I panic that I'm going to gain all the weight back immediately and turn back into the "fat girl" that I used to be (and to some extent, I feel is *still there*, just in hiding).

I completely understand that this is an illogical thing, and it's something that I'm working on with my therapist, but the emotion is still there.

All my labs came back good (with the exception of the liver function test which was slightly elevated, but it wasn't so elevated that the dr was concerned since they are aware that the diet can elevate your values)

Have the 24 hour heart test next week... trying like heck to stay positive. I guess it's just frustrating since I really thought losing weight would make me HEALTHIER!!! My MIL says that it's just my body "throwing a temper tantrum" since the losses have been so drastic. I'm 7 months into this, and down 135lbs..

Thanks for making it to the bottom of my War and Peace post lol.. I'm so glad that everyone else is here. I promise I'll start getting back into posting more often. It just kinda fell off the bottom of my radar since life jumped up and bit me..