~~May Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 12 of 14
Go to
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOBBI AND ROSEY.....
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

I hope you both have wonderful days... Since you're being so good on 1:1:1, Bobbi, I'm not going to tempt you with a cake to share....

Have a lovely day!!
  • Happy Birthday To Both Our Golden Chicks, Rosey And Bobbi
  • Happy Birthday, Dear Rosey & Bobbi,

Lynn
  • Happy Birthday to you both Rosie and Bobbi!! I hope you both do something special that you want to do just for you!!!
  • Thank you all, to celebrate my birthday I changed my ticker to the correct weight. This plan is working for me and I have my old competitive spirt back. I lost it for awhile.

We had a small deck built in our postal stamp back yard, tonight we're having venison steaks on the grill and lighting a outdoors fire.
    Tiffany (DD) wanted to take me to Rochester today for a shopping trip and lunch but I took a rain check. Too much to do today.
    Ta Ta
  • Enjoy your special day, Rosey and Bobbi!
  • Happy Birthday Bobbie
  • Fancy airline suites
    Just something interesting I found this morning... Not that I will be paying for these amenities when I fly - I'm too cheap to splurge on the travel part of an overseas or cross-continent flight.

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourna...llery&img_no=1

I do prefer flying with overseas carriers even in coach though, because they usually aren't so close to low budget 'bus-like' travel.

Liana
  • We went to KC yesterday to get the prescriptions Tim needed and ended up spending about 3 hours with his oncologist, and his oncologist nurse. Not to bad for not having any appointment at all
    with any of them. They have determined that there isn't really anything else they can do for Tim other than try to keep him as comfortable and happy as possible. They called in the social worker there too, again remember no appointment, and she spent a good amount of time with us explaining the hospice program. So she is going to get that set up and started ASAP. Then picked up his meds that he needed and headed home. Thanks so much to my sister for taking out her whole day with me to help in ways that I'm sure neither of us imagined. Love my sister!!!!! Then she went above and beyond and gave Tim his shot that he needed today. Love my sister!!!Just wanted to update everyone.
  • Karen I am praying for you and Tim....
  • We just spent a week in Sun Valley, ID. Got home today. We had a nice relaxing trip, browsed stores, saw beautiful scenery, and did a little hiking. I did pretty well on plan despite eating out at least once a day. However last night I ruined it. We went "out on the town" in Pendleton, OR which means we walked from our hotel through a Farmers Market and had pizza and salad at a great pizza place. On the way back we stopped at a old time store and bought several pieces of old-time candy...blast from my past, couldn't resist. We also got a bottle of rootbeer to share...the real stuff with sugar! I gobbled down the candy last night and shared the rootbeer and 1/2 pizza leftoves. Thank God it was only a personal size pizza! Still too much for me.

I haven't been tracking so don't know exactly how bad I did on cal and carbs but know I didn't adhere to One. Tomorrows weigh in day and sadly I doubt I'll lose and likely will gain. Then Mon we will have a BBQ so that's another challenge. I did have one great BS today, but doubt I will tomorrow.

Karen31 - So so sorry to hear about Tim. But I'm going to continue praying for him and you. Not only for healing however God wants to do it, but also for strength, comfort, peace. So glad you have your sister to be there for you.
    Know my heart goes out to you and Tim not only every day but several times a day and night! Dh and I have both been praying.

It is late so no more personals tonight. I'll try and catch up soon.
  • Good Morning!
    Here it is, the last week of May already. Time sure flies for us Northern folks that have to deal with winters and snow. I guess I need to include the North East coast too. You lucky girls that live in the milder climates get nice weather most of the time. My itty bitty garden is all up and thriving, it's in a spot where I get the most sun and the ground is very black and rich.

Tiffany stopped by with my B'day gift. She was going to take me shopping and lunch but I took a rain check. I'll have to take a picture later today, it's a glass floral bowl bird bath. Very pretty, hangs on a chain.

She also brought us some baby fingerling potatoes to put on the grill for supper. I tossed then with olive oil, thyme and salt/pepper...then Bruce put them on a spit. Yummy! We ate the last vension tenderloins of last falls hunt.

The scale stayed the same for 3 mornings in a row, today I'm down to 129.6. It seems kind of early for a plateau but this is a whole new program for me.

I'll do personals tomorrow, right now I need to get ready for church.

P.S. KarenMo...words are hard for me to find when I think of you and Tim. Like Mary, I think of you often during the day. May you be comforted by your faith and Gods will. Keep up the positive attitude for Tim's sake, as I know you and your family do. Thank God for sister's.
  • Quote: We went to KC yesterday to get the prescriptions Tim needed and ended up spending about 3 hours with his oncologist, and his oncologist nurse. Not to bad for not having any appointment at all
    with any of them. They have determined that there isn't really anything else they can do for Tim other than try to keep him as comfortable and happy as possible. They called in the social worker there too, again remember no appointment, and she spent a good amount of time with us explaining the hospice program. So she is going to get that set up and started ASAP. Then picked up his meds that he needed and headed home. Thanks so much to my sister for taking out her whole day with me to help in ways that I'm sure neither of us imagined. Love my sister!!!!! Then she went above and beyond and gave Tim his shot that he needed today. Love my sister!!!Just wanted to update everyone.
    Hi Karen,

As you go through this VERY difficult process, just know that every decision you make is the best one for you and for Tim.

I send you my love and best wishes for peace for both of you.

Lynn
  • Hi everyone and thankyou for the birthday wishs.spent the day with family including a party for my mil who turned 93.she handeled the commotion pretty well but cried when we told her she was 93. poor thing. my dd took me to bingo last night. I used to go once a week but handicaps and finances keep me away. sure was fun but didn't win. we are still on fire watch. about 30 miles from us is a raging runaway forest fire. its burned 96,000 acres all ready and we have fire fighters from all over including Canada. they have these huge planes that fly down and scoop up water and take off to spill on fires. we can smell the smoke and its blocking the sun.. very windy today that doesn't help. I have 2 nieces who live closer and may need to leave their homes. what surprises me is this is a huge fire and never made the national news.. we are safe where we are as it would have to jump the kenai river and the wind is driving it the opposite way..so far no one has lost homes and no reported injurys. scary tho. we are getting ready for church ttfn for Karen and Tim rosey
  • It was good to go to church this am after missing last Sunday. After church we went out to eat (again!). I managed to stay pretty much on plan. As expected my weight was up 2.5# but I had maintained my lower weight all week until Friday so I think it was just my getting off plan and perhaps sodium. Hoping to get it down in a few days at least. Tomorrow will not help though.

I'm tired from all the shopping. I'm resting now and then will need to get things done to prepare for tomorrow. Dh pressure washed the patio and furniture, even the pads on the lounges. I hope they will dry out...I wish he'd just wiped them down, but it's done now. It's supposed to be cloudy tomorrow and possibility of scattered showers and I think mid-high 60s. I'm hoping for dryer warmer weather..guess we will just come inside if not comfortable on the patio. I bought a lot of food so I hope they will be hungry.

Rosey - Saw the FB pics of the fire and have prayed. Glad no lost homes or injuries and hope that remains. Is the fire still burning? I am surprised it wasn't on the national news too.

Bobbi - Your potatoes sound wonderful. I should have thought of that for tomorrow. Healthier than potato salad. How long do they take to cook through on the grill?

Cana - I'd love to have a bed when flying long flights. Last time it wasn't so bad but sometimes I get so tired and usually can't sleep in the seat. Thankful for the movies as they help to keep me occupied at least, but sometimes I get bored with them and yet can't relax and sleep.