Okay - MAY, Time for Worldlies To Get Their Arses in Gear

You're on Page 2 of 13
Go to
  • Michelle ~ Im glad to know that Im inspiring you to walk more, Thats good that you'll either see if there is a aerobics class you can do on the weekends or you'll just do yoga at home or you'll do a workout dvd. Whatever you need up doing thats still a good plan.

I walked twice today, Im gonna try harder to walk 3 times tomorrow though.
  • Hi all,

Sorry I've been absent - been very busy with the thrift shop. Then yesterday I went into the basement and noticed the carpet is all wet. Seems we might have a crack in the floor and with all the melting that's going on, water is coming in. Not pouring in, just creating puddles. Of course homeowners insurance will not pay for this. Today we will be moving things and DH has to rip out carpet. After working our butts off at the shop the last 3 days, we are not exactly up for another long day of hard work but what can you do? So... no personals today. Will be back soon.
  • Sorry, MIA for the weekend. My cousins husband passed away on Friday and I have been busy trying to get information and trying to find flights for myself to Christchurch for Wednesdays funeral.

Will be back tomorrow with updates.
  • Shad ~ Im sorry to hear about your cousin's husband's passing

Now that its summer I need to get up when it gets day light and walk and then walk while the sun is going down so that way its not that hot outside like it is during the day. Today is suppose to be 100
  • Shad - My deepest sympathies to your cousin and to the whole family.

Happy - Wow, you and DH are certainly going above and beyond to get the thrift shop open. Are you planning on using the basement of the shop as an additional retail area or just for storage? the first place my ex and I lived in Milwaukee was a rental that didn't have proper drainage, so when the melting time came, the floor got quite wet. Luckily it wasn't carpeted. But we had to move everything up onto pallets, especially the stuff in boxes. The stuff in plastic bins were ok.

Terra - Wow, it's already getting hot in Kansas. Seems like you were just having winter temps not long ago. Good for you for committing to walking during the cooler times.

My weekend didn't go as planned, but it's been nice anyway. D had to go out of town at the last minute to officiate a volleyball tournament in Sacramento. He left early yesterday morning and will be back tonight. Yesterday, I took Santa to a groomer that is very good and very popular and extremely tough to get an appointment with. I booked with him about two months ago, and now we'll go every 7 weeks. He's a groomer that my ex and I used to use when we lived here before. Despite his exceptional talent, his prices are reasonable. Since I had a few hours to kill yesterday morning while Santa was getting his summer "hairdo", I ran some errands and then found a lovely park and sat on a bench and read.

Then Santa and I went to the dog park in the afternoon for nearly two hours. He was having a great time.

It was back to the dog park this morning, and now we're home relaxing for a bit. Not sure what we'll do this afternoon, but it's been a real treat to spend both days with Santa. Sometimes on the weekend, I'm doing other stuff, so he has to be in day care. He seems to be enjoying my company as well.

Well, I'd better get off here. It's gorgeous outside, so I don't want to spend this lovely weekend on the computer.

Love and hugs to all,
  • Hi Everyone. Busy weekend here but had some fun too.

I had a gain at TOPS on Thursday. I was really down about that. I just don't get why I can't stay committed to me?! I am great at staying committed to everyone else. I am sure that is the problem but I don't know how to change it.

I have done better with the food this weekend. I also have gotten my pushups in. I really hope for a loss this coming Thursday.

Friday night we went with friends to the Cheesecake Factory. It's always yummy there. I had this wonderful eggplant sandwich and DH and I split a piece of cheesecake. It was a fun night

I got my hair done on Saturday--she cut it a bit shorter and stacked it in the back and then of course my color. It always feels good to get my hair done.
    We went to a wedding for a co-worker of DH's. It was such a fun wedding and reception. I was able to wear a low heel and while I didn't get to dance like I usually do. I did dance one slow dance with my DH and one fast dance with the grooms father! This guy could dance and he was so fun!

There was also this group that sang acapella at the wedding reception and they were very entertaining. My DH is usually chopping at the bit to leave these things (and I love to stay), but he even said it was one of the most fun receptions we have been too.

Today was church, a nap and then cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, 2 loads of laundry (one more and it is done!) and dusted the living room.

It will be a busy week. One night we need to go for a funeral visitation after work so that makes it busier.

Shad: I'm sorry for your family's loss. You will be in my thoughts.

Terra: That is a smart idea to get up earlier to beat the heat and get your walk in.

Happy: You and DH are working very hard! I'm sorry to hear about the water issue. Is this happening at the thrift shop or at your house?

Michelle: Sounds like you had a nice day out in the fresh air. What are you reading?

Ceejay: What concert did you go see?

Laura: I'm going to start logging my food on Monday as well..so I will be looking for you. (and Shad too when she can get there). How was the Cheesecake Factory. My DH is logging his food on MFP and he was shocked when he saw the calories for his meal! I am proud of him for putting it in.

Ok, pizza is on its way and I need to go make up the salad. Then it's an hour of TV and then to iron my clothes for tomorrow and get in bed by 10:30 p.m. This is going to happen! I am not going to go without sleep again. It's time to take care of me!
  • Susie
    Didn't really see a concert but saw John Hagee, a popular t.v. minister.

I have had a good but busy week end. My niece came up on Friday and then Saturday was a shopping day, and today was church and my great niece's birthday party. Her dad's birthday also.

Driving back home tomorrow.
  • Michelle ~ Yeah I cant believe its already getting hot here in Kansas, Yeah we still had snow in March so it wasnt that long ago, Its crazy how fast the weather can change here in Kansas. Yeah I think its a good idea to get my walk in before it gets hot and before it gets dark.

Susie ~ Yeah I think its smart too so thats what Im gonna start doing starting today.

Im gonna walk here soon before it gets hot out and then I'll walk again before it gets dark
  • Morning all.

Terra - My mom's in MO and it was very hot there too. Good idea to avoid walking during the hottest parts of the day.

Michelle- Your quick- moving yoga class doesn't sound relaxing at all. Definitely not my cup of tea. The one I take on the occasional Sunday moves along at a good clip, but there's no jumping. Your weekend sounds nice - enjoying the outdoors w/ Santa. Re the Cheesecake Factory, no special occasion. Bf's mom wanted to treat us & she had some gift cards, and bf & I also used a gift card we had. It was a nice lunch. She will be coming to our place for dinner on Mother's day.

Okay, gonna post this as my train is pulling into the station.

To be continued...
  • Morning again.

Ceejay - Sounds like you're having a nice vacation. It'll be hard to go back to work after getting a mini taste of what your retirement home will be like. Have a safe drive home.

Susie - That wedding sounds fun! Okay, I'm back on MFP. See you there!

Shad - My condolences to you and your family for the passing of your cousin's husband. I hope you were able to make satisfactory travel arrangements.

Happy - Sorry about the water in the basement. What a lot of work to rip out wet carpeting. Are there cracks in the house's foundation that need to be sealed? Boo.

Hellos to jollygirl and Annie.

====

Nothing much to report. Saturday was everything I mentioned, plus a lot of laundry because I didn't do any the previous week.

The lab rescue auction/dinner was nice. It was a different venue than the previous several years, at Maggiano's (an Italian restaurant chain). The food was good. The area where the silent auction items were set up was a bit too tight, but otherwise it was a nice space. They raised a lot of money. I'm so happy, it's a great cause.

Yesterday was very lazy for half the day, then I got busy with more laundry and a dog walk. I watched a bit of each period of the hockey game and was happy the Hawks won both their games at home.

This week's movie night will be tonight, and the movie is "The Other Woman". I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Well, I better get busy. TTFN.
  • Happy Monday ladies,

I didn't want to get out of bed today. But as they say, "I owe. I owe. So off to work I go." Yesterday afternoon, Santa and I ended up going over to the coast. Being the early afternoon on a lovely day, parking was scarce at all of the beaches. But we managed to find a parking spot so we could walk along the shore for a little while. And then we went for a drive and found a lovely place to sit on a bench atop some cliffs and just enjoy the ocean views and sounds of the surf. We got home around 4:30, and I fed Santa an early dinner and then we went to the dog park for about an hour. I spent the evening relaxing. So nice.

I'm glad I decided to take the 45 minute drive each way to get to the ocean. I always feel so relaxed on "that side of the hills/mountains". I've been back in CA just over a year, and not a day goes by without me thinking at least 1/2 dozen times how GLAD and GRATEFUL I am to be back "home" in CA.

===========================
    Susie - Like you, I also have a problem staying committed to me. But I try and make choices that may not be what I want short-term, but are better for me in the long run. I do this one choice at a time...and while I'm far from perfect, I am making healthier choices roughly 75?% of the time. Glad you had a nice time at the wedding/reception. So sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to this week. As to your question about what I'm reading. I tend to read mostly non-fiction. I just started reading the Gabriel Method (for weight loss).

Ceejay - I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time in Branson and that you got to see your niece and great-niece. Is your sister's condo (where you'll be retiring to) actually in Branson? Safe travels back to Arkansas.

Laura - So nice that bf's mom treated you and bf to the Cheesecake factory. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with her on Mother's Day. I'm glad the Lab rescue auction/dinner was nice. I really like Maggiano's. As for the NHL playoffs, I'm rooting for the Pittsburgh Penguins, who thankfully tied up their series with a win yesterday. I hope you enjoy "The Other Woman". Even though it has Cameron Diaz in it, and I usually like her...It hits a little too close to home for me so I'm going to pass. I want to see Divergent if it's still out in theaters, and also the new X-Men movie when it comes out.

to Happy, Shad, Annie, Jolly and Terra

Much love and many hugs,
  • Morning all,
    Made my arrangements to go south for Bills funeral. It's tomorrow so I have the day off. Which means I don't get paid, but that's okay. So I fly down in the morning and back late afternoon. Hopefully I will get to see some of the Kiwi family while I am there.

Fair amount of work to do today so I won't write a novella here.

I'll try for personals later in the day. When I need to come up for air.

We had a big wind storm last night with driving rain. The roof leaked again so I spent my evening dragging the mattress off the bed and putting it in the other room. Th maintenance man is coming to have a look at it today, but of course the wind has now died down and we have blue sky and sunshine but I have the feeling the rain will be back. What with Happy dealing with a basement and me deal with a leak in a place where nothing should leak, we lead an interesting life.

Okay, better go do something. Back later.
  • Shad,

My condolences on the loss of Bill. I hope you will carry fond memories of him and keep him alive in your heart. At least you will get to see some family.

Timer is about to go off for dinner, I was just reading - can't stay right now.
  • Laura ~ Yeah its just a couple of days into summer and its already been very hot outside.

Michelle ~ back at ya

Im gonna go walk for the last time today as soon as I post this message. Good Evening everyone, I hope everyone had a nice day today.
  • Hi. The day flew by. I just finished working from home for 2 hours to get things done that I couldn't get to today. A lot of " I need" requests today and it is was mostly with calendars and moving meetings around. That takes up a lot of time.

Tomorrow I"m out of the office for an offsite meeting that will be very interesting (I am hoping). It is titled " Build your brash, bold beauty confidence" It is for our *** Women's network in beauty care. The topics are: Find your Inner Sass, Confidence Conversation, Technology Trends to transform Beauty Consumer Experiences, Beauty Industry Influencers, Perceptions and Power--Your professional presence.

I think it is going to be a great day and I'm looking forward to it.

I will find out Thursday the results of my MRI. They had an appointment available tomorrow or Thursday and I couldn't do tomorrow so I took Thursday. I feel nervous about it and I am not sure why.

Laura: I can't wait to see if you enjoyed The Other Woman. My friend and I found it really funny at times. I logged my food on MFP. I will be looking for you there.

Shad: Ugh about the leak and the wet mattress! Again, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope being with your family will bring comfort to you all during this time.

Michelle: I'm envious...walking along the shore.

Terra: Did you get your walks in?

Happy: What did you make for dinner?

Ceejay: My dad used to watch John Hagee. I'm glad you had such a nice trip.

Hi Annie! Hi Jolly!