Green tea

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Thanks Sum I use to buy Bigelow teas years ago but have since gone to the cheaper brands. I like seeing and talking to you on the thread
  • Aww I am still around

Had about 40 oz of green tea today.
  • I've only had 32oz hot, but it's Kroger brand. When I go to pick my son up, I'll pick up the Bigelow brand, hopefully the store near the school has it. If not I'll have to check Food Lion. Do you drink it plain or with honey?
  • Just plain, and I like it strong Some people would hate how long I brew mine.
  • I also drink it iced, I know Ian shivers on that notion.
  • I need to get some green tea! I am having lots of constipation issues from eating low carb (I assume....or maybe I'm just dehydrated in general). My mom drinks it every morning.
  • I drink the Numi brand.
  • Sum I found it and I have made a travel mug ... I'm thinking now the reason I saw no difference with the green tea I was drinking because it was inexpensive and wasn't strong enough. The Bigelow definitely is a greater blend. I like the Matcha green tea also, it's really strong. I don't think I'd be able to drink it iced because I'd want to put a ton of sugar in it and we know that's a for me

Shannon it sounds like it needs to be consumed through out the day at least 5-6 cups. Ian and Sum and other GT drinkers does that sound right?

Ian I've seem Numi brand but I've never tried it. I'll look for that one also, thanks
  • I use a small amount of water and brew for 3 minutes or so. I probably get through 5-6 small cups a day.

I am not yet convinced, however, that it is helping my weightloss. That proof will be in the pudding and if I drop below 161lbs (my all time low). I am a lot off of that at the moment.

Nevertheless, green tea is so far really helping to regulate my water weight and, therefore, my scale fluctuations.
  • Ian I don't know if it was the green tea or the fact that I didn't put ANY bread/flour items in my mouth yesterday. But I am down 2.8 of the bloat that I put on. I'm gonna do low cal today and green tea and see what tomorrow brings. I want to get back to my low of 159.4. Today I weighed in at 165.2

I may try brewing it with smaller amounts of water (or more bag in the travel cup) to get the full flavor/effect. Thanks Ian I forgot I have some pu'erh loose tea that is supposed to help with weight loss also.
  • No green tea for me today. It is a decaf coffee day. My higher calorie day when I can have half and half Back to green tea tomorrow which is my 500 calorie fasting day.
  • Thanks love2b150. And great job on the 2.8!

I am not saying (yet) that green tea does not aide weightloss. I have just set a personal target for me at which point I will be convinced it does have an effect. And that weight is below 161.8lbs (my lowest ever). If GT gets me below that then I am a believer!

Down 0.2lbs today to 166.2lbs.
  • Thanks Ian how long are you giving yourself to get to goal? I actually want to be at 155 by June 14th.
  • I don't think I will ever get there love2b150. I weight train so as I am losing fat I am also gaining muscle. This messes with the scale. So I have no precise idea of my goal weight. Things seem to be settling in on 165 though. I feel great in the 160s and too heavy at over 170.

To target the 150s is just a bit of fun. I am probably already at goal but just don't want to admit it yet.

Having an unreachable target like 155 is a nice way of maintaining.
  • I gave up coffee at the time when I decided to start losing weight. I drank solely green tea for the past year, and I have lost 30 pounds.

I never credited green tea. Interesting. I have no idea if it aided my weight loss, perhaps it did.

Only lately I have added decaf coffee back into my life, but only once or twice per week. I like it with 1/2 and 1/2, and those calories add up quickly. Therefore It is a treat, not a stable.