Lose 5 lbs Challenge NEWME (Carol) won last one! :)

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Gosh... I am sorry for you two with the troubles with Eggs.. They are easy peasy to fix and eat and they are in alot of other things we eat. Is there some kind of allergy medicine you can take? or an alternative?

ME I am, well, AWED by my scale this morning. HOW I LOVE THIS INDUCTION WEEK CHALLENGE!

SW 224.8
    5/1 224.0
    5/2 224.6 (-.2) shoot.. hoped for less and not more!
    5/3 223.4 (-1.4 total) ohhhh can I lose .6 by Monday.. I would take 222
    5/4 221.8 (-3.0 total) SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW 219.8 (Shazam!!!!)
  • Sw: 213.2
    Cw: 212.8
    Gw: 208.2

5/1 213.2
    5/2 213.2
    5/3 212.8
    5/4 212.4
  • sigh... well.. ate the same as yesterday.. I wonder if mood affects weight and water holding?

SW 224.8
    5/1 224.0
    5/2 224.6 (-.2) shoot.. hoped for less and not more!
    5/3 223.4 (-1.4 total) ohhhh can I lose .6 by Monday.. I would take 222
    5/4 221.8 (-3.0 total) SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5/5 222.2 (-2.6 total) Not the present I was hoping for!

GW 219.8 (Shazam!!!!)
  • Sorry you were up today Sue...but may I say you have had an amazing week. You lost 2.6 lbs in 4 days!! Another week of induction and i believe you will have met a very big goal! I hope you have a very special day!
    Sw: 213.2
    Cw: 212.8
    Gw: 208.2

5/1 213.2
    5/2 213.2
    5/3 212.8
    5/4 212.4
    5/5 212.8
    I too was up a little. Not sure if I can blame it on Tom or eating out yesterday or both!
  • Hi,

I am new to this forum.

SW: 171.6 (5/5)
    GW: 166.6 (seems kind of unlucky)

I did Atkins two years ago and lost 25 lbs. I tried to stay low carb after that. I did pretty well at first.They slowly crept back in... I kept increasing them and then went on a carb binge last month. I also had a baby nine months ago. I put on some extra pounds from pregnancy.

After my April carbfest I decided to go back on Atkins. I am on day 6 right now. I am getting close to the 20 net carb limit, but have been over most days.

I am glad to have a group of people to help keep me motivated. I had to talk myself out of eating a jar of peanut butter tonight (it is one of the few high carb items left in my house).
  • SW : 186.4
    CW : 186.0 (-0.4)
    GW : 181.4

186.4 May 1
    185.4 May 2
    187.2 May 3
    187.2 May 4
    185.4 May 5
    186.0 May 6 (12 days @ holding pattern - this is just what my body does, I suppose...)
  • okay... Birthday sugar free cake (gave me the WORST gas!), Margaritas and Crab Nachos (Oh YUM!)... Gonna take a few days until I post.... GO GIRLS GO!!!!!
  • Happy belated birthday Sue! Margaritas and Crab Nachos sound delicious!

I tired calling the doctor for an update yesterday and nothing. No call back or anything. So rude. Going to call again today.

Sw: 243.6
    Cw: 243.2
    Gw: 238.6
  • Sw: 171.6
    Cw: 170.6
    Gw: 166.6
  • Welcome Traveler!! We are glad to have you! I think your first post might have gotten missed by us since it was at the bottom of page 1. Good luck losing!

Ok Sarah, I'm starting to feel you with this holding thing or most likely plateau for me. I felt like I was going to lose today...but nothing! I'm afraid I'm not as patient as you. Esp. Since I'm so close to being at 50 lbs lost...I seriously want to own that number. It will be the most I have ever lost on a plan because in the past I gave up. This time I will Not give up though. Seeing your patience through long holding patterns has been inspiring so I will see this through!

Glad you had a great birthday celebration Sue! Don't be afraid to post your uptick. We will just cheer for you as you lose back down!

Mara lets hope that no news means good news. They usually don't waste any time telling you the bad stuff!

5/1 213.2
    5/2 213.2
    5/3 212.8
    5/4 212.4
    5/5 212.8
    5/6 212.8
  • Carol, I don't FEEL patient, I just know that if I'm more stubborn than my body the pounds eventually drop! And now that I've seen it through several times I know I can do it, it's almost interesting to wonder "how many days will it take THIS time?" (more than 13, apparently!)

SW : 186.4
    CW : 186.2 (-0.2)
    GW : 181.4

186.4 May 1
    185.4 May 2
    187.2 May 3
    187.2 May 4
    185.4 May 5
    186.0 May 6
    186.2 May 7 (13 days @ holding pattern)
  • Just saying HELLO to you all! Will start weighing on Sunday... I have 1 more OFF PLAN meal tonight (Chicago thin style Pizza Yum Yum Yum) - but I am staying on plan for Breakfast and lunch every day! I will be back on the schtick tomorrow as I WANT that 100lbs off mark... OH Yes I DO!

Travelor! So very glad to have you here! WOOHOO lets see you kick our butts and win this thing right away!

Have a terrific HUMP day all and MARA... I hope that your doctor did not call you yesterday because its nothing major! That is my wish! You are AOK!
  • Oops, sorry Traveler. I did miss your post. WELCOME!!!

Thanks Sue. They did not call me back, so hopefully it is because there is nothing major to discuss.

Did not get a chance to weigh today.
  • Mara...I wouldn't worry : ) They are always so busy rushing about, the staff shuffle through and critical issues get taken care of first.

Sue....glad you're take a few days off! Do be like me and take 6 months off!

Sarah you are doing so amazing!! Look how far yo have come!!! WHOO-HOOO

Good morning Carol and Traveler!!

Well I"m back and gained all my weight back....my scrubs are tight and my sugar addition is at it's all time high. Dh and I looked at each other the other day and just shook our heads. Day ONE.....ooo it makes me so mad : l

5/7....183.5
  • Hi all,

SW: 171.6
    CW: 170.2
    GW: 166.6

I am amazed at all of the success stories on this thread! It is very motivating.

Sarah- I am familiar with the holding pattern. My body does that as well, although not to the extent my husband's does. He also did Atkins a few years ago with me. He went for more than two weeks on strict induction (he was a rock with absolutely no cheats....it was amazing) and lost nothing. He did some research that said he should try to get a high percentage of his calories from fat. He tried that by eating a lot of bacon and sausage. It actually worked for him. I thought it was really strange. He then had a few weeks of 4-5 lb losses. I am a little fuzzy on the exact details (I think he was supposed to get something like 60% of his calories from fat, but that could be way off). has anyone else seen anything about this strategy?

Mara- i hope you get some news soon. I know that my son's doctor works really fast when it is bad news and is a little slow to communicate good news (he has had a lot of lab work for only being 9 months old). I recently signed up to receive the electronic results of all blood work/tests when the doctor receives them. I have learned some of that is very confusing, but I like to have them so I can research it before the doctor calls.

Good morning to everyone else!

Sorry for the long post! I promise I won't make a habit of it!