IP daily chat

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Agh, I am SO CRABBY. My TOM just ended last week so it can't be that. The smallest things set me off, and I spent all last night sulking. Today I just want to hide in a conference room at work. Thankfully, food hasn't tempted me as a comfort, but man this is like a roller coaster. My poor bf...
    I can soooooo relate! I have been so crabby! I start the day in a good mood but by the end of the day I am so wiped out that my usual tolerance for annoyances is gone. I feel bad for my honey and niece who have to live with me! I don't lash out or get grumpy in an obvious way but my usual good, bubbly mood is gone. I was thinking about maybe increasing my calories just a bit to get them on the higher end of the diet (900 calories), instead of on the lower end.... I keep reminding myself that it isn't forever and hangry and healthy is better than happy and unhealthy.... It's not forever thank goodness!!!!
  • I have the crankys too Thankfully my husband and son know not to take it personally LOL and that it is just hormones and the odd day of food envy.
  • Quote: Thanks...I'm just going to think it's because of all those fat-stored hormones making me crazy. That makes me feel better.

evemomma I just asked my coach yesterday if I could take the afternoon dose of my Cal-Mags with my morning supplements because I forget to take them. She said that was fine, as long as I didn't take both doses at once. I assume that goes for the Multi-Vita too. As far as switching/mixing the Omegas and Potassium, I'm really not sure.
    I was told not to take Cal-Mag at the same time as Potassium because I won't absorb the Potassium.

I now take my first dose of Cal-Mag at lunch.
  • Quote: I was told not to take Cal-Mag at the same time as Potassium because I won't absorb the Potassium.

Huh, interesting. I guess I could set a reminder for myself. I tend to forget them since they're usually stored away in a baggy in my purse.
  • Quote: I will be doing my weigh-in later today. I already weighed on my scale since I weigh in so late in the day. SO that won't be a surprise. My coach is new, and you can tell.

Questions for my coach: (that I would love to here from you all about also as I know many of you have more info here)

Can I change the order of my daily supplements? (ie: do some interfere with others)

Some recipes combine IP packets...is it ok to have two at once or should I split the recipe into two eating times?

If I add an extra glass of water, is it ok or discouraged to have an extra cup of coffee in the afternoon?
    If you combine two packets and eat it all in one sitting you have to count the 2 packets then. That is why i don't like using a packet at dinner (ie potato puree) because i feel ripped off later that night when i don' tget my next pack.

If your afternoon coffee isn't decaf, then yes, an extra glass of water is needed.

Quote: I was told not to take Cal-Mag at the same time as Potassium because I won't absorb the Potassium.

I was told the smae thing. i take my second cal-mags at bedtime when i brush my teeth - I have two bottles going.
  • Thanks for the answers to my questions! When I saw my coach a little while ago she said it didn't matter about the supplements...which I thought was off since it seems they are so specifically separated. I just need to get a pill case.

NOW I understand why I have had a few Charlie Horses recently, my potassium isn't absorbing! Score one for Three Fat Chics and a big NADA for the coach

Good news is I'm "officially" 9 lbs down from my start two weeks ago - (ten according to my scale this AM)...AND it's my TOM. I was really worried that I was going to end up with a no loss or gain because of bloating.
  • Quote: coffeebean:
    I feel the same way about social gatherings. I am trying to reboot for the 3rd day in a row, hopefully the 3rd time is a charm. I do great at work and when I get home I'm in trouble. Here is to rebooting, maybe we should become IP rebooting partners.
    me too
  • Interesting article today in regards to "healthy obesity". I know that many of us have set one of our goals is to move from morbidly obese to obese to overweight to normal when it comes to BMI.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/disease...esity-a-myth-1
  • Quote: Some recipes combine IP packets...is it ok to have two at once or should I split the recipe into two eating times??
    Recipes that use two packets are meant to be split into two servings. You should not have two packets in one meal... Neither would you have a packet with your meat meal.
  • I did a search and didn't find a definitive answer for this...I bought a pack of Go Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Cheese for my bf. I looked at the nutrition info and it didn't seem too bad...I was wondering if I could occasionally use one slice to sub in for my fat and maybe a bit of protein for a day? Would definitely limit it to once a week at most.

Nutrition Facts:
    Serving Size 1 slice (17g)
    Servings 12
    Amount Per Serving % DV**
    Calories 40
    Calories from Fat 25
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsat Fat 1g
    Monounsat Fat 1.5g
    Cholesterol 0g 0%
    Sodium 220mg 9%
    Total Carbohydrate <1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 3g
    Vitamins % DV**
    Vitamin A 10%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 25%
    Iron 2%
    Vitamin D 10%
    Vitamin E 15%
    Riboflavin 25%
    Vitamin B6 10%
    Folic Acid 10%
    Vitamin B12 10%

** Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Here is the product page: http://goveggiefoods.com/our-product...e-alternative/
  • I'm another person who's been cranky ... part of it, I think, is that I'm almost two months in to IP and getting bored. Part of it is that there's 16.5 days left in the school year, the wind has been blowing (HARD) for almost a week, and the kids are ACTING LIKE IT. Part of it today is that I had my single most stressful class first thing this morning, on top of being sleep-deprived from last night's show. I allowed myself some salsa with my fajita-seasoned chicken at dinner (counted it as part of my tomato ration), and that helped a lot with the deprived feeling. Still, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Re: supplements, I'm going to ask my B-i-L about them when I see him next weekend. He's a pharmacist. If he doesn't know, he's got an app on which he can look it up.

Finally: you know you're getting diet-itis when the hot dogs being served in the school cafeteria start smelling appetizing....
  • Quote: I did a search and didn't find a definitive answer for this...I bought a pack of Go Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Cheese for my bf. I looked at the nutrition info and it didn't seem too bad...I was wondering if I could occasionally use one slice to sub in for my fat and maybe a bit of protein for a day? Would definitely limit it to once a week at most.

Nutrition Facts:
    Servings 12
    Calories 40
    Calories from Fat 25
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsat Fat 1g
    Monounsat Fat 1.5g
    Cholesterol 0g 0%
    Sodium 220mg 9%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 3g
    Vitamins % DV**
    Vitamin A 10%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 25%
    Iron 2%
    Vitamin D 10%
    Vitamin E 15%
    Riboflavin 25%
    Vitamin B6 10%
    Folic Acid 10%
    Vitamin B12 10%

Some people do use a tiny amount (1 oz) once a week (usually the shredded one)... But it is not on the P1 sheet so not allowed by IP. (I do believe a tiny minority of coaches also ok it.)

It would in no way "substitute" for anything... It would be an extra.
  • so MAD at myself!
    I had a slip up on Easter weekend - we hosted 3 (!!!) dinners, I planned and planned and planned and did really well until Easter Sunday when I had a piece of carrot cake. And then another on Monday. Luckily, that was the end of the cake and it wasn't around to tempt me.

I have been doing really well since then - even saw my goal weight on my scale this morning (I was naked, but still!). Today I took the rest of my kids Easter candy to work because I needed it out of the house so it didn't tempt me. The only thing I left at home was a Laura Secord type Easter egg.

I don't know why, but when I got home, I decided to shave off a little slice. Before I knew it, I had eaten almost all of it! I am usually a super sweet tooth and can eats sweets with no limit but I made myself feel sick and couldn't even finish my delicious dinner.

I threw out the last slice - I would like to say in a moment of clarify and sanity - but truthfully it was because I couldn't stand to look at it / eat it after that binge.

I feel so gross now! Why, why, why??

Will re-focus myself and start anew tomorrow...so close yet so far!
  • Quote: I had a slip up on Easter weekend - we hosted 3 (!!!) dinners, I planned and planned and planned and did really well until Easter Sunday when I had a piece of carrot cake. And then another on Monday. Luckily, that was the end of the cake and it wasn't around to tempt me.

I have been doing really well since then - even saw my goal weight on my scale this morning (I was naked, but still!). Today I took the rest of my kids Easter candy to work because I needed it out of the house so it didn't tempt me. The only thing I left at home was a Laura Secord type Easter egg.

I don't know why, but when I got home, I decided to shave off a little slice. Before I knew it, I had eaten almost all of it! I am usually a super sweet tooth and can eats sweets with no limit but I made myself feel sick and couldn't even finish my delicious dinner.

I threw out the last slice - I would like to say in a moment of clarify and sanity - but truthfully it was because I couldn't stand to look at it / eat it after that binge.

I feel so gross now! Why, why, why??

Will re-focus myself and start anew tomorrow...so close yet so far!
    At least it is all gone now. Tomorrow is another day!
  • Quote: I did a search and didn't find a definitive answer for this...I bought a pack of Go Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Cheese for my bf. I looked at the nutrition info and it didn't seem too bad...I was wondering if I could occasionally use one slice to sub in for my fat and maybe a bit of protein for a day? Would definitely limit it to once a week at most.

Nutrition Facts:
    Servings 12
    Calories 40
    Calories from Fat 25
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsat Fat 1g
    Monounsat Fat 1.5g
    Cholesterol 0g 0%
    Sodium 220mg 9%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 3g
    Vitamins % DV**
    Vitamin A 10%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 25%
    Iron 2%
    Vitamin D 10%
    Vitamin E 15%
    Riboflavin 25%
    Vitamin B6 10%
    Folic Acid 10%
    Vitamin B12 10%

My coach said I could use veggie shreds and veggie cheese he recommended it, he just said remember to count those calories.