#292 Bale of Turtles Putting Spring in our Steps

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Weigh to go, Bandit! You are so encouraging. i'm making small steps to do better.
    Good hearing from you.
    judy
  • Hi Turtles,
    Thought for today:

Yesterday we said we'd do it tomorrow. Well "tomorrow" is here.
    For breakfast I had 2 egg whites with a little ff cottage cheese, blueberries and cinnamon mixed in. I'm trying to get back on track and stay busy.
    Both should help.

Have a great day. Onward and downward!
    Judy
    234.6/200/thinner
  • Hi turtles

Glad to see some postings.
    I went to Tops PRD last weekend & was truly inspirational, awesome to see
    so many who have done so well. Nice motivation to get back on track & made a pact with ladies I went with to: Walk at least 5 miles/week & lose 10# by end of Aug. So should be totally doable.
    Nutritional speaker at convention & gave us a few tips, one of which was to
    have between 20 & 40 grams of protein at breakfast & to eat within 1 hour of waking. I find this has kept me full until noon, no problem.
    Got in a walk Mon at noon but yesterday was raining, so didn't get out.

All - hope you are all doing well & chime in when you can.

Remember - baby steps & drink your water!
  • Bandit, this is a great idea. You can meet this challenge and so can I.

Glad you got inspired. you inspired me too!
    Judy
    234.6/200/thinner
  • Judy - lets do it together, along with all our turtle pals!
  • Hi turtles and especially; Bandit.
    I had lost almost 50# at one point with WW's. I used Jenny Craig to get to that lowest point. Lots has happened in my life since then and I find myself having regained about 18#. I came thru a tough time (before it I had eaten lots of comfort foods.) i'm fine, but the comfort foods are sticking to me much harder than ever before. I am using Simple Start. I see that it allows bigger meals than I had been eating (but with my "technique" I'd get hungry and grab pretty much anything...............as you can see that didn't work). So here's my food for today:
    banana
    2 egg whites and 1 slice ff cheese
    small cup of split pea soup and 1/2 tuna sandwich
    chicken grilled, small sweet potato and veggies
    snack: orange and a ff sf pudding

I'll let you know how I do, but I really don't like this excess weight. i want to feel successful.
    We can do this!
    judy
  • Hi turtles and especially; Bandit.
    I had lost almost 50# at one point with WW's. I used Jenny Craig to get to that lowest point. Lots has happened in my life since then and I find myself having regained about 18#. I came thru a tough time (before it I had eaten lots of comfort foods.) i'm fine, but the comfort foods are sticking to me much harder than ever before. I am using Simple Start. I see that it allows bigger meals than I had been eating (but with my "technique" I'd get hungry and grab pretty much anything...............as you can see that didn't work). So here's my food for today:
    banana
    2 egg whites and 1 slice ff cheese
    small cup of split pea soup and 1/2 tuna sandwich
    chicken grilled, small sweet potato and veggies
    snack: orange and a ff sf pudding

I'll let you know how I do, but I really don't like this excess weight. i want to feel successful.
    We can do this!
    judy
  • Hi Turtles, had touble posting, and then it posted twice.
    Talk soon and have a great day!
    judu
  • Hi. Thought I would jump in. I just started weight watchers. It seems fine, other than I am always hungry. But I am heavier that ever and I have to do something. I am also looking into Weight Loss surgery, but that's a process and I can't just do nothing until then.
    I find getting enough protein really hard to do, without adding lots of fat. Of course I don't eat just the egg whites. But the egg yolk is the best part. Sigh. Dieting is not much fun, but neither is being this weight.
  • HI Turtles,
    Seana, a small group of us found that posting here has helped us. When we are feeling really strong we give support. When we need help we gain support from the others.
    Nothing about weight loss is fun, but you can do it. Post here. Let us know how you're doing. I see nothing wrong with a whole egg. If I want a bit more to eat than that, I'll add an egg white to a whole egg and that helps boost the protein.

Lean protein, 95% ff beef, chicken breast, turkey breast, fish (fresh or canned like tuna in water), beans. Let us know what you like to eat and we'll help you out. Then you can give us tips and we'll all learn from each other.
    Good luck!
    Judy
  • Thanks Judy. Went to the movies late last night and wanted movie popcorn so bad. Didn't have any. We are going again today...but I have mixed feelings. I want to go, because it's the Godfather on the big screen and believe it or not, I've never seen it. We'll bike there (about a mile) but I think it's going to be challenging in terms of food. Will probably have to eat something right before. Also, I wonder how people who aren't the cooks do this. My husband likes to cook when he's not working, but his calorie needs are so different from my needs. And we really struggle with this. Honestly some of my weight is because I just quit fighting with him. It's too exhausting.
  • Morning turtles:

Nice to postings & welcome Seana!

Weekend was good - stayed on track pretty good & got in a walk around the trailer park, which was nice.

I find the only way to stay focussed is to plan ahead & have pre-cooked meats on hand. When I cook dinner, I like to put extra in oven for lunches.
    Then have some protein with my salad. Today I have green salad with cheese & chicen breast.

Have a good week
  • Morning turtles:

Nice to postings & welcome Seana!

Weekend was good - stayed on track pretty good & got in a walk around the trailer park, which was nice.

I find the only way to stay focussed is to plan ahead & have pre-cooked meats on hand. When I cook dinner, I like to put extra in oven for lunches.
    Then have some protein with my salad. Today I have green salad with cheese & chicken breast.

Have a good week
  • Hi turtles,
    Bandit, good tips.
    Seana , as far as movies, I bring a snack with me and I buy a giant Diet Coke at the theater. that fills me in. The more you practice this, the better you get at it. Bicycling to the movie is great exercise!

I do all the cooking here. Interesting what you say about your husband having different calorie needs than yours. There must be millions of us who gained weight because we thought we could eat like our husbands. We all found out we couldn't! How about having lean proteins on hand (a grocery store rotisserie chicken, etc) for those nights when his meals are waaaaay
    too many calories? I know as you think this thru that you'll get the swing of this and lose weight. Good luck! i see you're in the mood for something different.

Bandit, glad you got a walk in. I plan to mow the lawn later tonight and then I'm off to baby sit my grandson.

Have a great week.
    Judy
    234.6/198/thinner
  • Hi Turtles,
    My sister was here for a little more than a week and we had such a good time. Weight is up, but what's new. This is my fourth day of eating a lot better and I'm seeing results.

This thread has gotten very quiet. Wishing everyone the best in your weight loss journeys and everything else!

Judy
    234.6/210/thinner and closer to goal