300+ Tough Love

You're on Page 14 of 18
Go to
  • Had a pop weekend!! Woohoo!!!
  • Ok, so I took a night off. Saturday night was the farewell for a very good friend of mine that is moving out of state (1056km away, or 656 miles). We have been close friends our entire adult lives and we gave her a big send off. Her parents hosted and provided dinner, which was completely off plan. I put it all into mfp and consumed more calories than I burned. I am feeling guilty, but don't regret it. It was my first off-plan day in over a month and for a good cause. I am prepared for the scales to be less than happy with me this week.
    In the good news, having known I was going to mess up, I walked WAY MORE THAN IN YEARS! I am so proud of myself. I even went and bought some proper walking shoes, because thongs (flip flops) don't really cut it :P

So, feel free to yell for going off plan. I deserve it. It was also REALLY hard to get back on plan yesterday. The voices in my head kept on whispering "what's a little more? you can start again tomorrow!" but I didn't listen to them. I ate salad. I had no wine.
  • Atalanta - I think going off plan occasionally isn't a huge deal that is deserving of punishment or guilt, especially if it's for the celebration of a major event. You got back on plan, and didn't give into the cravings. That's the hard part and you did it. Losing weight shouldn't completely curtail our social lives. We can't be hermits forever while we lose all the weight! I had such a day for my anniversary and my husband's graduation (and another today for his birthday). Got back on track and still saw a loss for the week!

Pfft. I don't intend to put life on hold, and I refuse to feel guilty for it, especially if I manage to get right back on plan and it's only a *rare* occurrence. Learning moderation is important. Forgive yourself and move on.
  • Thanks, Fera. You are completely right. I am back on plan and haven't given in. I just needed to get past that hump. I am just so impatient to lose this damn weight that I hate anything that may be a set back! I know this is a long journey, blah blah blah, but I am so impatient for it to be done!

• I know the feeling! As soon as I can get down to a weight/fitness level where the doctor says "you should be okay" hubby and I are trying to have a baby. I'm already 30, my biological clock is not ticking anymore, it's making gong sounds.

That being said... Going too fast is almost a sure way to bounce right back up. Like rolling a ball towards a wall. If you roll it at a measured, steady pace, it'll either get really close and not hit the wall or hit the wall with a small bounce back, if at all. Fling that thing, and it'll come right back to you.

Slow and steady kinda sucks for the NOW but it's much much better for the long term. Also, it gives the skin a chance to shrink with you.
  • Yeah, I am worried about the whole skin business. I don't want to look like one of those wrinkly dogs.

I think I am defective - I totally don't have a bio clock. I'll leave the breeding to you!
  • LOL I felt like I didn't have one either, until I got married. Which was also something I never thought would happen for me either. I started dating my husband at a time when I pretty much hated men after a horrible break up, thinking he can't really be as nice as he seems and when he turns into a jerkwad I'll make him pay for all the d-bags before him... Yeah, turns out he was that great. Who knew?
  • They exist?
    I can't imagine myself ever being married and having kids. It has just never been on my list of priorities. I am pretty much married to my job.
    My grandmother thinks that the only way I will get married is if I meet a partner in crime, not a partner in life. She's probably right.
  • The "They exist?!" reaction was pretty much mine, too. For almost the whole first year and a half we were dating I kept waiting for him to stop being so nice, stop being so honest, stop treating me so well... then that hooker went and proposed and I couldn't say no. (My favorite of our wedding pictures is on my profile)

And now, me, dirty minded, absolutely no censor button in my brain at all, twisted sense of humor ME is about to become a PASTOR'S WIFE. It boggles the mind. I've turned into a church lady.
  • I am totally going to call you Church Lady from now on.
  • Let's make this week full of healthy food and exercise!!!
  • Down 6.6 pounds but I think most of it is water weight. Not complaining though - those big weeks in loss help make up for the smaller loss weeks! Sticking to exercise and counting calories - I'm making this another great week.
  • I'm glad to see that while I was gone on my computer break some got over the bumps in the road and we are all back on plan.
    I am down four pounds. I will not weigh myself until next Monday. I find I do better with the "fear" of the scale.
    Atalanta it is taking me a long time to lose this weight. I am going to have learned a lot by the time I get to goal. It will keep me from going back to being 300+ or even 200+ again.
    Lost I read about your bad day. I am sorry. I hate it when things like that happen to us.
    OK everyone back to the tough love.
    Summer is hard for me so no more Mr. Nice Guy to me... Let me have it when I need it!
  • Quote: I am totally going to call you Church Lady from now on.
    It's probably about as fitting as me calling my husband "hooker" all the time. :P

*yawn*stretch* Monday is here. Boo... But to someone who doesn't work a regular schedule married to someone who just finished being a full time student and seeking employment... Monday doesn't mean much. I did sleep in pretty late and got some much needed rest that just didn't happen over the weekend though.

Fitting steak and potatoes in for dinner tonight, and it will be lovely.

Time to go walk, FitBit is yelling at me!
  • Well, I went out with a girlfriend last night and indulged in a few margaritas. It was worth it, even if the scale did show a 2 lb increase. Reducing my calories today and drinking lots of water - that should flush out the toxins