Intro

• Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this forum for about 4 weeks, since I started Medifast.

Just some background - I've never really been an overweight person, but after my 3rd baby, I found it really hard to lose ANY weight - at all. In fact, I was gaining even while trying to lose - so frustrating.

I came to a breaking point when I realized I was 35 pounds away from what is considered a healthy weight for me. I was feeling sluggish and tired and just NOT myself. I decided I needed help, since trying this "on my own" was not working. In hindsight, I think I was eating way too much sugar and carbs. There is a slight detox when you start Medifast from all the sugar and carbs. Sugar really is addictive - it's poison!

I joined Medifast and I've since lost 10 pounds! I am about 28 pounds away from my goal weight. I had this preconcieved notion of Medifast, which was wrong. I thought it was going to be hard and I would feel hungry all the time...it's just not true. It's actually an easy diet - super easy to stick to.

I never want to feel so awful again from being overweight, so I plan on making the necessary lifestyle changes to maintain everything I lose, including regular exercise. Quite frankly, I always tried to stick to a routine, but always quit. My goal is to never stop exercising again and to eat an overall healthy diet!

I'm hoping by June, I'll be at (or at least close) goal weight.

Looking forward to learning more on the boards!
  • Hello and welcome
  • hi new to here and hope that learn new things from here..