IP Daily Chat Monday 4/14/2014

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I'm so excited. I am now in onederland. What a great feeling. I didn't weigh in last week due to scheduling difficulties. So I went in this morning and I was down 6.2 pounds. I even went to Disneyland for a few days and had a colonoscopy in those 2 weeks.
    Congrats! It's a great accomplishment!
  • Today was a tough one. We had a food day at work, where they proceeded to put all of the treats literally 12 inches from me. Every time someone got something the smell drove me insane. This usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason today was tough.
  • Quote: Today was a tough one. We had a food day at work, where they proceeded to put all of the treats literally 12 inches from me. Every time someone got something the smell drove me insane. This usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason today was tough.
    I was on IP for about 2 weeks when one of my co-workers decided we needed a pie day. There were a dozen pies and ice cream in the break room. It was horrible. I just went the long way around to avoid it.
  • Quote: Today was a tough one. We had a food day at work, where they proceeded to put all of the treats literally 12 inches from me. Every time someone got something the smell drove me insane. This usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason today was tough.
    Work can be hard! My coworkers do this potluck once a month, they decided that this coming up one is going to be desserts... sometimes it smells so yummy I just have to leave the building lol.
  • Hi all: just checking in and seeing how wonderfully you all are doing... don't worry about a pound up, all you gals, or no loss weigh in... it just happens sometimes even 100% on plan. TOM, constipation, stress, lack of sleep, I could go on, but you will notice changes in clothes fit and measurements or maybe meds required. Those are all important things! I always say I don't care if the scale says I weigh 190 lbs if I fit my old size 2 jeans, lol - it's the bodyfat %, measurements, and blood sugar levels etc. that REALLY count.

Had my 'grad' photos taken today at my biweekly maintenance weigh in. I will post & maybe put in my profile when I download off my camera.

Liana
  • Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragment! Great idea to share all of these fabulous NSV!
  • Wow, just read through the daily chat and I'm so impressed with everyone's nsv's, losses, etc. what an amazing day! I've been busy at work and haven't been on here as much. I miss it! Hoping this week slows down. It's nice that it ends on Thursday!

Quote: I was on IP for about 2 weeks when one of my co-workers decided we needed a pie day. There were a dozen pies and ice cream in the break room. It was horrible. I just went the long way around to avoid it.
    I'm chuckling at your "pie day" at work! My family calls Good Friday "Pie Day". It dates back to 12th century Franc, i believe. The tradition in the Catholic Church where you fast on Good Friday. Well, the good folks in my family decided that "fasting" means 1 meal, that lasts all day. And they wonder why I'm on a diet!! All you can bring and eat is pie! Years ago, A local news source wrote on article on my second cousin greg and his mother (my great aunt) we call her tootie. Below is the link if you were interested in starting a fun tradition in your family. It has sure spread through south louisiana!

http://www.theind.com/living-ind/1622

I'm testing recipes this week. Thinking about a "apple" (jicama) pie with vanilla pudding mix and maybe cinnamon with vanilla added in? The crust could be a pancake mix with oatmeal mix. Thoughts? I've done a pie crust before with just pancake mix and it was good. I thought the oatmeal may add a nice touch though. If anyone has tried it, let me know!!
  • Ems, cool article and tradition. Love that you have an IP pie in mind. How is the new coach working out?
  • Oh man, all this talk of pie is giving me all sorts of evil thoughts for my "fun" day.
  • Great NSV today! I ordered a new skirt online in a size 8. I thought I was ordering it too small and it would fit in a few weeks. It arrived today and it's too big! That means I'm in a 6! I never thought I would see a 6 again in my life!
  • Quote: Great NSV today! I ordered a new skirt online in a size 8. I thought I was ordering it too small and it would fit in a few weeks. It arrived today and it's too big! That means I'm in a 6! I never thought I would see a 6 again in my life!
    LOVE that kind of a SURPRISE!
  • Quote: Great NSV today! I ordered a new skirt online in a size 8. I thought I was ordering it too small and it would fit in a few weeks. It arrived today and it's too big! That means I'm in a 6! I never thought I would see a 6 again in my life!
    What a great feeling! Enjoy your size 6 moment
  • Sunflower - that dress is beautiful! You look so happy!

Looking for advice:
    Not have good bowel movements - any suggestions for experienced IPer's. Is this commen? Starting taking some metamucial (sugar free) but still... I have always be so regular!
  • Quote: Sunflower - that dress is beautiful! You look so happy!

Looking for advice:
    Not have good bowel movements - any suggestions for experienced IPer's. Is this commen? Starting taking some metamucial (sugar free) but still... I have always be so regular!
    I used Smooth Move Tea. You can find it with the herbal teas in your grocery store. Works very well. Many people upped their lettuce! But that did not work for me. I am not sure, but I think sugar free metamucil has aspartame so you should double check that.
  • Quote: Sunflower - that dress is beautiful! You look so happy!

Looking for advice:
    For your two cups of veggies - roast okra with olive oil and IP salt in the oven for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Something about okra...it's like magic!