Oil

• I've tried searching for threads/posts on this, but I give up. Can someone please explain this thing about the 2 tsp of oil, to not be counted when cooking food in it, but rather needing to be ON the food? Does that mean that I can't cook food in oil, or that I can, but can't count it.

I want to make sure I "get it"
  • Quote: I've tried searching for threads/posts on this, but I give up. Can someone please explain this thing about the 2 tsp of oil, to not be counted when cooking food in it, but rather needing to be ON the food? Does that mean that I can't cook food in oil, or that I can, but can't count it.

I want to make sure I "get it"
    It is recommended that you put the oil on your food and not cook with it since you don't get all the oil on your food that way. So, I use 2 tsp. of EVOO in my salad dressing to make sure it's on my food. For cooking, I use 100% pure coconut oil. It works great! I hope this helps!
  • Quote: It is recommended that you put the oil on your food and not cook with it since you don't get all the oil on your food that way. So, I use 2 tsp. of EVOO in my salad dressing to make sure it's on my food. For cooking, I use 100% pure coconut oil. It works great! I hope this helps!
    ^ This. The fat is really important so make sure you add it to your food!
  • You can cook with some too, if needed. But like others have said, it doesn't all absorb from cooking (we're using so little) so if you cook with a little, put at least 1 tsp on or in your food. The salad dressing suggestion is a good one.
  • I also heard that the good qualities of EVOO get compromised when heated which is why you should always have it uncooked.
  • This is all news to me!!! Thanks so much, I'm very excited about it! Since day one not even my coach told me this (when I was actually doing IP at a clinic). I've been anally measuring my 2 tsp and honestly, for the most part, it is for cooking, and it seems like so little. I'm going to have a big smile on my face using 2 tsp in my cooking now and then 1-2 tsp for my salad!!