April Fantastic Loosers

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • Quote: If you need to use something, my coach recommended these:

http://www.icechipscandy.com/

I am very careful with them because some flavors set off cravings, but they are really good.
    Awesome! Thanks.....looks like they sell thim in Austin, will have to look into them more!!
  • Thanks so much Texas Chick... I find the salt really helps me.... I feel ok today finally a week and 1/2 into this...I use the EAS Advantage in my coffee too but have been only letting my self have that on Wed and Sunday the days I am at home from my In town job... I have tried lifting weights but one day it caused a gain probably muscle retention of water so I decided to wait a couple of weeks and then try a shortened version of my weight lifting work out ...I am holding my breath today that this satisfied feeling continues... Now I just gotta find something to keep me busy
  • Good Afternoon All!!

I started IP on March 15th and I am on day 26 today. At my weigh in this week I am down a total of 17 pounds and 13.25 inches.

I have been OP and have been blessed that I have not cheated. That is an awesome feeling!!

Today's Menu:
    B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake
    S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
    L: IP Beef Pasta Soup and salad
    S: IP Lemon Chiffon Pudding
    D: Big Mac in a Bowl

I drink 5 liters of water daily.

I have found some awesome recipes on:
    http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes
  • I'm on day 19. It gets just a little bit easier each day and people are starting to notice a difference. Hearing their compliments helps keep me going. Good luck!!
  • Quote: Good Afternoon All!!

I started IP on March 15th and I am on day 26 today. At my weigh in this week I am down a total of 17 pounds and 13.25 inches.

I have been OP and have been blessed that I have not cheated. That is an awesome feeling!!

Today's Menu:
    B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake
    L: IP Beef Pasta Soup and salad
    S: IP Lemon Chiffon Pudding
    D: Big Mac in a Bowl

I drink 5 liters of water daily.

I have found some awesome recipes on:
    http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes
    Just curious, is your coach suggesting four packets per day? That is quite unusual unless you are over 200 pounds or in your first week or two (neither of which you are). I just ask and add my comment because other newbies may wonder and it is outside the norm for IP.

Also just clarifying (for everyone) that your salad includes 2 cups veggies in addition to lettuce and that you are adding 2 cups veggies to you Big Mac Bowl (I usually have to supplement mine since I can not eat 2 cups of pickles and onions as my veggie serving! But maybe that's just me.)

Congrats on your successes!
  • Ruth Ann - Thanks! Just ordered some Ice Chips candy.
  • Quote: Ruth Ann - Thanks! Just ordered some Ice Chips candy.
    You're quite welcome!
  • Quote: Welcome emmy55... glad u joined us... I use Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener and Xyortal But I am not positive Xyortal is legal or how ever it is spelled I am a horrible speller.. I sometimes chew gum to help with the Sweet cravings and I have heard that there is a legal gum but I searched the store today on my lunch and can not find any that DO NOT have aspartame in them
    Look for Spry gum. Sweetened with xylitol. It is IP approved for occasional use. Pur gum has no aspartame but has a bit more calories.
  • Wow I was really busy today............ Miss my IP Peeps....I was so busy I know I did not drink enough water today.. Hers to tomorrow being a better day.. I am going to check our local Heath food store for the for the Spry gum and night just order some of those Ice Chips too .. Next Payday he he.........Catch you tomorrow my IP freinds
  • Quote: Just curious, is your coach suggesting four packets per day? That is quite unusual unless you are over 200 pounds or in your first week or two (neither of which you are). I just ask and add my comment because other newbies may wonder and it is outside the norm for IP.

Also just clarifying (for everyone) that your salad includes 2 cups veggies in addition to lettuce and that you are adding 2 cups veggies to you Big Mac Bowl (I usually have to supplement mine since I can not eat 2 cups of pickles and onions as my veggie serving! But maybe that's just me.)

Congrats on your successes!
    Hi JLUS:

To clarify, the IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar is a restricted item that was added into my items, this week. I think that this is common in the IP program that everyone gets a restricted item per day after their 3rd weigh in. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I do have veggies included in my salad at lunch. The Big Mac in a Bowl calls for lettuce, pickles and onion along with WF Thousand Island dressing.

This is my menu for today:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
    L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
    S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
    D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

Water: 5 liters

Happy Thursday All!!!
  • Quote: Hi JLUS:

To clarify, the IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar is a restricted item that was added into my items, this week. I think that this is common in the IP program that everyone gets a restricted item per day after their 3rd weigh in. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I do have veggies included in my salad at lunch. The Big Mac in a Bowl calls for lettuce, pickles and onion along with WF Thousand Island dressing.

This is my menu for today:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
    L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
    S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
    D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

Water: 5 liters

Happy Thursday All!!!
    The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I've had restricted items since I started, the "after 3rd weigh in" sounds like a coach's "house rules".

And I asked this question in the What Are You Eating thread, don't feel you have to answer in both places!
  • Quote: The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I've had restricted items since I started, the "after 3rd weigh in" sounds like a coach's "house rules".

And I asked this question in the What Are You Eating thread, don't feel you have to answer in both places!
    Per my coach, I was to continue eating my 3 IP packets each day along with adding a restricted item. She stated, "make sure you eat your 3 IP packets as well." I do not know if this is correct or not. Some guidance would be appreciated. If I am to only have 1 restricted item and 2 IP Packets, then I should get that clarified by those who have been on the plan.
  • Quote: Per my coach, I was to continue eating my 3 IP packets each day along with adding a restricted item. She stated, "make sure you eat your 3 IP packets as well." I do not know if this is correct or not. Some guidance would be appreciated. If I am to only have 1 restricted item and 2 IP Packets, then I should get that clarified by those who have been on the plan.
    Look at the P1 sheet in the 1st post of the daily sheet. It's 2 unrestricted and one restricted. During the first week you can add an extra packet to get over the hump if you need to.

Are you doing heavy exercise or some other reason your coach might want you to have extra protein
  • Quote: The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I just contacted the director of the program to clarify that I am to do the 3 IP Packets and the 1 restricted item "after my 3rd weigh in" in Phase 1. She informed me that if you replace an IP packet (which is giving protein for the body from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and the snack) then the weight loss on the scale will slow down as well.

She informed me that the bar and/or chips is a carb snack for the brain to keep the body in ketosis, otherwise the brain will go into starvation mode and the weight loss will slow down on the scale each week.

She stated that it is the "protocol" for Phase 1.
  • Quote: I just contacted the director of the program to clarify that I am to do the 3 IP Packets and the 1 restricted item "after my 3rd weigh in" in Phase 1. She informed me that if you replace an IP packet (which is giving protein for the body from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and the snack) then the weight loss on the scale will slow down as well.

She informed me that the bar and/or chips is a carb snack for the brain to keep the body in ketosis, otherwise the brain will go into starvation mode and the weight loss will slow down on the scale each week.

She stated that it is the "protocol" for Phase 1.
    That is most DEFINITELY house rules for that center then... It is NOT the IP protocol at all. Restricteds have all the same protein requirements that the packet has so it is not taking anything away, it is only adding a slightly higher carb (and or fat/calorie) count which is what makes them restricted.

No one here is telling you to change... Just making sure that everyone who reads this understands that not all coaching is equal and we all have to decide how best to proceed given all the information from all sources.

Sorry if this causes frustration as that is not the intent!