April Fantastic Loosers

You're on Page 2 of 11
Go to
  • The What are You Eating thread has lots of great ideas for menus
  • Good Morning April losers... I sure do feel better today as far as hunger it is not all gone but so far today I do not feel starving like I have...
    I have lost 8# this past week my 1st week so real happy about that..
    Happy Tuesday my April Freinds
  • Quote: Good Morning April losers... I sure do feel better today as far as hunger it is not all gone but so far today I do not feel starving like I have...
    I have lost 8# this past week my 1st week so real happy about that..
    Happy Tuesday my April Freinds
    Hey there fellow Alaskan!

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.
  • Quote:

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.
    Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.
  • Quote:

I Hear ya AlaskanRN... It has snowed here for the past 2 days just after I got the Hardpack on my Driveway removed on Sat Evening..I was so READY For Spring... I am trying an experiment today... I was eating IP oatmeal for breakfast and an Ideal Protein at 11 cause I do not go to lunch till 2 as I work till 6 so it is usually 7 before I get supper cooked.. Today I had the IP oatmeal for Breakfast but decided to have some lettuce and about 3 oz of chicken at 11 instead of an Sweet IP food Packet cause yesterday I caved and had some Chicken I had brought with me at about 330 and after that I felt so much better... So maybe for me I need real food meals 2 times per day Cause today I feel a whole lot better Sorta holding my breath that things stay this way .. thank you for joining the April thread... The other advantage is we are on the same time Zone
  • Quote: Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.
    No I haven't been overly active at all this past week, I haven't been able to do anything, no energy. For veggies I eat bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions, and zucchini, same mix of veggies everyday twice a day, 4 cups, I always measure it out. I don't buy the ketostix but as gross as this sounds, I can tell when Im in ketosis by the odor of my urine and mine still smells like normal urine smell, ha Im a nurse so sniffing doesn't bother me
  • Hi all. I started March 24 so today is day 16. Down 11.5 lbs at weigh in today.
    I have not been too hungry = just craving sweets the first week. when I do feel hungry I drink more water and that helps. I eat at least 2 cups of baby romaine lettuce at lunch and dinner with WF dressings. Then for lunch I make a soup and add 2 c steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh spinach to either the soup or lettuce. I probably get 12 - 14 glasses of water a day which my coach says makes a lot of difference. Love the pudding for after dinner snack. sometimes I put in freezer to sort of make ice cream. Can you all have Splenda? That is the hardest for me - supposed to cut back to 5 packets a day. And I love my coffee in morning and hot peppermint tea at night.
  • Quote: Hi all. I started March 24 so today is day 16. Down 11.5 lbs at weigh in today.
    I have not been too hungry = just craving sweets the first week. when I do feel hungry I drink more water and that helps. I eat at least 2 cups of baby romaine lettuce at lunch and dinner with WF dressings. Then for lunch I make a soup and add 2 c steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh spinach to either the soup or lettuce. I probably get 12 - 14 glasses of water a day which my coach says makes a lot of difference. Love the pudding for after dinner snack. sometimes I put in freezer to sort of make ice cream. Can you all have Splenda? That is the hardest for me - supposed to cut back to 5 packets a day. And I love my coffee in morning and hot peppermint tea at night.
    Welcome emmy55... glad u joined us... I use Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener and Xyortal But I am not positive Xyortal is legal or how ever it is spelled I am a horrible speller.. I sometimes chew gum to help with the Sweet cravings and I have heard that there is a legal gum but I searched the store today on my lunch and can not find any that DO NOT have aspartame in them
  • Quote: Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

ChipnDip... Is just great you joined us and chimed in... the more the merrier and u got a few more days of experience that the rest of us ..I too have found the extra salt crazy as it sounds soooo helps me in the hunger department... I did get some Ketostix on my lunch today... I am just courious to see how they read and I will probably write the # or Shade down in my fitness pal info to see if I see any sort of pattern Thank you for your questions and input
  • Quote: Texas Chick ... Thank you that is encouraging......... all encouragement is soooooo helpful.... Did u deal with hunger issues.... A friend here at work is dealing with not being even hungry enough to be able to eat her required vegetables and I am eating tons of Lettuce...
    If u dealt with hunger issues what did u find as a solution??????//
    I did deal with hunger issues in the beginning but after the first week they went away, now they are just here and there. It takes me forever to eat my dinner meal because there just seems to be so much food. I think I've been successful because I drink more than the amount of water we are supposed to have a day (around 100 ounces usually). I also only use two splenda's a day with my morning coffee. If I have any other sweetners, it is usually in sugar free candy. I do not have these every day.....but if I am craving something then I will grab a sugar-free lemon drop or a sugar-free jolly rancher (hard candy). I was never a chocolate candy lover, not that I didn't eat it all the time......but fruity candy was always my weakness. A serving size of both is about 4-5 pieces, so eating one or two a day has not affected my weight loss at all. It does help me stay on plan though. I am also finding if I get a craving or get hungry I come to this site and read everyone's posts (I'm still trying to get the hang of it!) and then I'm satisfied!
  • Quote: What do you mean by "right"? Do you prefectly to a T? Just curious? Cause whatever you are doing it working. Thats averaging 4.5 pounds a week...whats your secret? 100 % no cheating?

Do you use restricteds?
    The only thing I don't do to a T is I use sugar free candy every now and then (see previous response). You have to eat everything and don't skip a meal or a snack. Take your vitamins too! Make sure you drink your water and if you can take in extra water.
  • Quote: The only thing I don't do to a T is I use sugar free candy every now and then (see previous response). You have to eat everything and don't skip a meal or a snack. Take your vitamins too! Make sure you drink your water and if you can take in extra water.
    Those sugar free Jolly Ranchers have 4 carbs each in them. Those extra carbs can add up fast.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/br...dy.aspx?cat=sn

Anything not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar
  • Quote: [/B]

TexasChick Would u mind sharing a daily menu or 2 of what you eat ????? and do you do any exercise or are u a pretty active person???
    The only exercise that I do is walk our dog for about 25-30 min 4-5 times a week. I just started this about 3-4 weeks ago, so I don't think it has helped/hurt the weight loss.

Bfast - 2 cups of coffee w/EAS Advantedge Shake (cafe caramel or french vanilla) 2 splendas
    Lunch - IP (usually restricted chips or bars) food with 2 cups of veggies
    Snack (either before or after dinner) - EAS Advantedge Shake (usually dark chocolate or chocolate fudge)
    Dinner - 8 oz protein (pork chop, grilled chicken breast, pork and venison sausage, grilled sirloin, fish, etc.)

I usually cook my vegetables in olive oil and use the IP salt. There are a couple of days where I forget the olive oil. But it hasn't affected me much.

I will be honest and I occasionally have 1-2 pieces of sugar free candy (lemon drops and jolly ranchers) just to break it up a little. It's not on plan, but sometimes it just can't be helped when everyone else for instance is eating Easter candy, so I figure it's okay!

Hope this helps!! This program has really suprised me, but it definetly works if you stick to it. I haven't binged on anything horrible in almost 10 weeks and haven't wanted too!!! That's a first for me on any diet!

GOOD LUCK!!
  • Quote: Those sugar free Jolly Ranchers have 4 carbs each in them. Those extra carbs can add up fast.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/br...dy.aspx?cat=sn

Anything not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar
    I have almost a whole bag of them in my car....here lately I've just been using the lemon drops. They have about the same....but I don't do it everyday. Not saying I recommend using them, it's just what has kept me on the right track. Thanks for the info though!! For sure if I see a stall in weight loss then I will stop using them.
  • Quote: I have almost a whole bag of them in my car....here lately I've just been using the lemon drops. They have about the same....but I don't do it everyday. Not saying I recommend using them, it's just what has kept me on the right track. Thanks for the info though!! For sure if I see a stall in weight loss then I will stop using them.
    If you need to use something, my coach recommended these:

http://www.icechipscandy.com/

I am very careful with them because some flavors set off cravings, but they are really good.