Ups & Downs Support Group: April 2014

You're on Page 7 of 11
Go to
  • Bathing Suit!
    The swimsuit arrived in today's mail. My husband washed it already and it is hanging up to dry. It looks like Thursday will be my first day using the pool at the rec. center.
  • Hi all,

Wow, long time, no post. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to Vermont. I'm so glad to see you're still posting and doing pretty well. You look great in your pictures! Congrats on getting rid of the van and I hope you are enjoying your break between jobs. Are you still off?

I turned 43 today and I may have said this the last time that I posted (whenever that was) but I am bigger than I've ever been and ever thought that I would be. My cholesterol and blood pressure are high and I'm now pre-diabetic. Yikes. (my ticker is way off) I've gotta do something b/c it's really affecting my health. Enough with the crappy reality of it all.
    On the good side, I have some wonderful friends and a decent life. The beauty of getting older is also that you care much less about what people think about you and that is wonderful.

I'm glad to see that the thread is so active. You guys are great.
  • Quote: Chelsea - Sorry to hear about the depression. I have been there quite often. It's hard to imagine it ever ending but it always does. Hang in there. This to shall pass.
    That is very true and isn't it always helpful to know that we are not alone I hope you are able to find some foods that you can shop for and keep at home to keep you healthy, lilturtle

Quote: I had a chance to make a fun collage today, one that I think Holly in particular might enjoy: here it is.
    That WAS very kewl! and I hope you got to bed on time last night.

Quote: Hi ladies,

Chelsea, I am so sorry you are struggling. We are all here for you if you need us.

With Easter here, I haven't been doing very well candy-wise. sigh

I am watching my favorite show, Castle. I am obsessed. If you've never seen it, you've got to watch it.

My class is done. My second session starts in a week. I am just waiting on my final grade. I hope I get an A.

I hope you all are well.
    I'm not familiar with that show..maybe I should be! And I also hope you get an A I am lucky that NO Easter candy came into this house because I would not be able to resist.

Quote: The swimsuit arrived in today's mail. My husband washed it already and it is hanging up to dry. It looks like Thursday will be my first day using the pool at the rec. center.
    Yay!

Quote: Hi all,

Wow, long time, no post. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to Vermont. I'm so glad to see you're still posting and doing pretty well. You look great in your pictures! Congrats on getting rid of the van and I hope you are enjoying your break between jobs. Are you still off?

I turned 43 today and I may have said this the last time that I posted (whenever that was) but I am bigger than I've ever been and ever thought that I would be. My cholesterol and blood pressure are high and I'm now pre-diabetic. Yikes. (my ticker is way off) I've gotta do something b/c it's really affecting my health. Enough with the crappy reality of it all.
    On the good side, I have some wonderful friends and a decent life. The beauty of getting older is also that you care much less about what people think about you and that is wonderful.

I'm glad to see that the thread is so active. You guys are great.
    Hopey, so good to hear from you! Oh I am definitely enjoying my time off, it is SO great to forget what day of the week it is I am off until about May 5th!!

I am real sorry about your b/p and cholesterol being problematic I have no advice..I don't know why it suddenly was do-able for me to cut back on carbs and work out harder (besides the time off, that is definitely a plus) but I hope somehow you are able to, for your quality of life LOL and how true about not caring as much about what people think

Dreary and cloudy and damp outside today, not even 40 degrees, ugh. Real glad I got outside and did yard work yesterday.

My exercise today was brutal, I have the time and no excuse so I did this over-an-hour-long workout, HIIT Cardio, Strength, Core http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/work...Abs/ee/trength,
  • A very kind angel from here has sent me a scale. It came yesterday and today I will use it. I'm so grateful now to have a scale. Thank you Fi for being the go between. I'll post my results when I get them.
  • Ok weighed myself. I come in at 377 which is about 13 lbs less then I was a month ago. All the hungry days are not for nothing after all!!

Thanks again scale angel!
  • Quote: Ok weighed myself. I come in at 377 which is about 13 lbs less then I was a month ago. All the hungry days are not for nothing after all!!

That is wonderful news!!!!! Congrats sweetie, I am so proud of you. *hug*

I need a scale too, I don't have one. I would probably weigh myself once or twice a week. The last time I weighed myself I was 255.
  • Quote:
    I turned 43 today
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPE!
  • Quote: Ok weighed myself. I come in at 377 which is about 13 lbs less then I was a month ago. All the hungry days are not for nothing after all!!

13 pounds gone in a month is stupendous!

and YAY to scale angels!
  • Wanted to thank you all for the support you gave me. Thanks for not judging me when I felt like a total freak and failure. Have been eating healthy for 2 days now and can't believe the difference in how I feel.
    I am extremely grateful that I found this group as I have no one to talk to about food issues..they just wouldn't get it.
    Was great to see the photos of you guys. I honestly have not allowed a photo to be taken of me since well before I got up to 404 pounds. Will get on that for sure.
    Thanks again guys. Your support meant the world to me
  • Quote: Wanted to thank you all for the support you gave me. Thanks for not judging me when I felt like a total freak and failure. Have been eating healthy for 2 days now and can't believe the difference in how I feel.
    I am extremely grateful that I found this group as I have no one to talk to about food issues..they just wouldn't get it.
    Was great to see the photos of you guys. I honestly have not allowed a photo to be taken of me since well before I got up to 404 pounds. Will get on that for sure.
    we are all in this together! I am so glad you are back track!

I guess I did not notice your starting point before...OMG.!!!! at what you've lost!
  • Quote: Wanted to thank you all for the support you gave me. Thanks for not judging me when I felt like a total freak and failure. Have been eating healthy for 2 days now and can't believe the difference in how I feel.

Judi,

We are always here for you. Always. I know what you mean about pictures. I hate having my picture taken. I look so big.

We are so glad you are here with us!!!
  • Greetings, everyone. Thanks for the comments on my collage: I do love feedback!

Trish, it's so great to hear you got your scale, and boy howdy! 13 pounds is a nice thing to find out about. Holly, I think you're really doin' the top-notch cheerleadin' duties here while Kathleen is gone—not me! =grin= ohiofreespirit, I'm rootin' hard for you to get an A. I'm so glad you showed us your picture: you're lovely! Judi, yes indeed, you can talk about anything here and not be judged. I'm so glad to hear you're back on track. It won't be too long now 'til you hit the 200-pounds-lost milestone. Won't that be something? =smile= How do you plan to reward yourself? seabiscuit, I hope you keep posting here, no matter what you decide about how to continue your weight loss journey. Hope, Belated Happy Birthday! Please stick around. worththeeffort2, how nice of your husband to wash your new swimsuit for you. 'Bet you're lookin' forward to using it! Chelsea, my thoughts are with you, every day... MonteCristo, what's up? Kathleen, we're thinkin' about you and hopin' you're havin' a terrific & restorative vacation. Everyone else, tell us what you're up to! Don't be shy...

I worked very hard on the BERP (Big Entropy Reduction Project) today. My right shoulder is a bit achey from all the scissors work, but it's not injured or anything, so I'm hangin' in here. My sweetie helped out by doing some much-needed grocery shopping for me. I'll have cream for my coffee in the morning.

All is well tonight, as I prepare to go to bed early and dream of orange fur-balls. Ahhh....
  • Hi there...

Happy belated birthday Hope!

Fiona, thank you for your kind words. I like the support here.

I'm just having a rough night or rather a rough week. It was initially a nasty arguement with my Mom, then some "friends" have been getting on my nerves making me wonder whether or not I want to stay friends with them. Oh and the thing that caught me completely off guard was hearing a doctor say today that he suggested surgery for my nose and sinuses since I have recurrent infections, nosebleeds and congestion. I wasn't expecting to hear that and I had a nasal/sinus surgery 2 decades ago. It helped tremendously even though it was incredibly painful, true agony. I don't know, I think they have improved things a lot. I still don't want to do it though. The other side issue is I have been doing online dating, some guys seem nice but most of them seem pressuring and creepy, ick!

Sigh, thanks for listening.
  • Ladies, the legs be shaved. I'm heading to the pool after work tonight. *Yikes!*
  • Happy belated birthday Hope!

I'm hanging in there. Not much to report. Trying to resist the urge to weigh like every hour now. lol I'm out of my buspar due to a screw up at the pharmacy but I should be getting it today. Not sure it does anything.