Going for my personal trainer practical exam...

• tomorrow! I am so excited! I feel energized by going and getting this done. I have had it in the back of my head that this would be my next career and now I really feel that I could do it. I was trying to get into ICU at the hospital I work for and that fell through. I just couldn't pass the medications exam. I did it twice and failed both times. It is really a matter of not being able to remember all these medications that I have no experience with. In ICU they use a lot of very powerful meds and quite rightly need the nurses to know what they are doing with them. I think there is a big difference in memorizing enough to pass an exam and actually knowing what you are doing but I don't make up the rules. So it's okay. I feel a little like may be it not working out with the ICU job is the push I needed to do this personal trainer thing.
  • Good luck; I bet you will pass with flying colors!
  • I did it, I did it oh yeah, yeah, yeah!! I am now a certified personal trainer. I can't believe how great it feels, like I am starting a new adventure, there are so many possibilities!!
  • Way to go! Congratulations.
  • Thanks!! I'm still pumped from yesterday and putting down on paper some of my goals and how I can go about accomplishing them. Very excited that this could be a new career for me!!

• Congrats Jen.
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Congratulations Jen; I bet you will be a wonderful trainer! Enjoy your new career!
  • Thanks very much everyone for their congratulations!! It is still sinking in a little bit that there is a tremendous opportunity here for me.
  • jen - great news! 2014 is definitely YOUR YEAR!!!!!
  • Congratulations on meeting your goal and passing the test.