October Newbies-Amazing in April

You're on Page 17 of 20
Go to
  • Hiker, will definitely check out the blog, the watch sounds cool. My Friday night plans were changed because of my gut. I was supposed to be at a party. Oh well.

Hope you work passes quickly and your weekend begins soon.
  • Quote: Where are all of you? Having fun, I hope!
    Hi! I'm at home after a pretty busy day- had my car tuned up, my eyebrows done, haircut & highlights. Now just hanging out at home catching up on my DVR'ed shows. The Parks and Rec finale was great!

I hope your stomach feels better.

Maddy (Kawaii) How are you feeling today?
  • Quote: Hi! I'm at home after a pretty busy day- had my car tuned up, my eyebrows done, haircut & highlights. Now just hanging out at home catching up on my DVR'ed shows. The Parks and Rec finale was great!

I hope your stomach feels better.

Maddy (Kawaii) How are you feeling today?
    Not sure if it's the big C or if I'm having some sort of thing going on, but Devin (the hubby) is keeping an eye on the incisions and such for me because I've been in more pain today than I was the day I came home from the hospital. One of the incision spots looks a little red, and I was not happy about it.. he also said it looks a little inflamed, so I will be calling the dr's answering service and more than likely going in on Monday. I've been checking my temp, and haven't run any fevers at all, but food is still not agreeing with me.

The past two days I've tracked all of 500 calories a day. I've been living on sugar free jello (it's OP according to our center), chocolate drink (super watered down), and premade chocolate pudding. I'm craving toast.. had friends over for playing cards (it was super low key and planned for the past 3 months.. wasn't about to give it up!) and everyone had pizza.. usually it doesn't bother me, but tonight I almost caved and had a piece. Devin was my voice of reason reminding me that if I can't even manage to eat a slice of low fat low sodium deli meat, how should I expect Pizza to stay down? He's right, but in the moment I really wanted it!!!

Doing the best I can with what I can eat, and what my tummy is tolerating, otherwise, doing ok..
  • Good morning,

It is a rainy Saturday here. I do wonder if spring is ever going to come this year. I need to head to the mall to return those shorts, but I fear that I lack motivation,lol.

Kooky, sounds like a productive day! Getting my hair done next Sat.

Maddy, it did take a few days for my body to adjust. I felt like I was blown up inside with air. You will also feel gassier for a while. FYI eating chicken worked for me. Glad you resisted the pizza
  • Good morning...

Kooky thanks for reminding me that my eyebrows are looking a little bushy! I need to look after that!

Kawaii I hope your recovery goes well... yes, keep an eye on that incision and look after yourself!!

I will be sooo happy when I hit mid May.... I might actually get a lawn put in my back yard by then... its currently too muddy for my dog so letting him out to pee is a pain! I now have major inspections in one week so I'll be going into work for a bit today... why do all the deadlines come at once??? Oh well, my RTD chocolate drink is at the office ready to mix with my coffee so I'd better be on my way! Have a great Saturday everyone!!
  • Hiker: I will check out the website too! Thanks. Hope you get a little down time from work this weekend.

Kooky: What a busy day. I am going for a cut and color today. Always makes me feel good.

Kawaii: Glad you didn't cave on the pizza. Sorry you are not feeling well.

Slip: Snowing here today, so I understand your not wanting to go out! LOL
  • Kawaii, I'm sorry to hear about the pain and not being able to eat. Sending you healing thoughts! I'm glad you didn't let the surgery get in the way of your card night. I hope you still had fun despite the pain and pizza temptation. Pizza is my weak spot. Good job on resisting the temptation. I bet that would have sent your stomach into all kinds of distress.

Slipfree- Is your lawn and garden looking lush with all of the snow and rain? We actually got rain yesterday which is great because it's keeping things green. The small amount of rain doesn't help the drought much, but at least the lanta are getting a little more water. Is your stomach feeling better?

Hiker- Hope you get some relief from your workload soon. I admire your ability to stay OP woth such a busy schedule and traveling so much. Do you have certain go to meals or items you order at restaurants since you travel so much?

My friend, her daughter, and her mom are visiting in a couple of weeks, so there will definitely be some dinners out. I'm excited for their visit. I met them on their vacation last year in San Diego and we had a great time.

Want2B- Sorry to hear about the snow! I hope you have a nice, relaxing day.
  • Quote:
    Hiker- Hope you get some relief from your workload soon. I admire your ability to stay OP woth such a busy schedule and traveling so much. Do you have certain go to meals or items you order at restaurants since you travel so much?
    Hey Kooky, I don't eat a lot of red meat at home so when I go out its usually steak with no oils and I've given up on seasonal vegis as they are usually carrots and things so I just ask them to totally cover the steak in mushrooms.. Its a nice treat. Unfortunately a lot of my conferences includes buffet lunches. There's usually some meat I can eat and at least one day there's a salad. It can be a challenge to get all my vegis those days but I do the best I can. I also like to order halibut or salmon on occasion.

A little tip: If you order the steak sandwhich with no bread... just the steak.. its usually way cheaper and its usually a 6 oz steak which is smaller than the others on the menu... then I don't have to worry about eating more than I should.
  • Hi everyone,

Just dropped off some more things at the consignment shop. Also, hit Marshall's. And bought shoes and a couple of shirts. The navy blue eyelet pants arrived from Banana Republic and the 10s fit great. I have always had a hard time with dress pants because of my curves, but my body seems to be different after IP.

This morning I went through all of my bras from the last time I was close to this weight, too big! I am now a 34dd. This is going to take a while because bras are so expensive.
  • Kooky, the garden is slow. It has been so cold here. The red bud tree has not even flowered yet, it does this before it get leaves. There has not even been one day that I have had my coffee out on the deck. I NEED some warmth soon.

Want2b, I did not make it to the mall! I hate going there. I need to return those shorts though. Will have to hit it after school this week. Sorry that it is snowing

As for my Stomach, it is bouncing between the C and the opposite. Neither is a happy place .
  • I had a jaunt out today. Ok.... jaunt turned into a 9 hour grueling dress shopping hunt. My daughter FINALLY picked her prom gown. I had tears in my eyes, she looked so lovely. I'm home and had a chocolate drink, and a chocolate pudding for dinner.

It's nice to be home, and finally feeling a little bit better. I'm coming around the corner of all this stuff AND I'm OP... thinking I might even step on the scale tomorrow morning since I was actually able to move beyond the giant C!!!
  • Good morning ladies and jig! I had a productive day yesterday and since I'm doing the 25 by summer challenge I wanted this morning's weigh in to be good.. I was at a barbeque last night and had no problem bringing my own food and just concentrated on the company... it was one of those days I had absolutely no problem staying OP... I drank a lot before bed so was happy to see the scale dropped a couple of pounds since yesterday... Yay!!
  • Woohoo Hiker!

Lazy Sunday morning here. The sun is finally out. Sitting with the heater on, drinking my tea and catching up here.

Dlr, how are you doing?

Luccilove, hope you are having fun on the cruise

Sweetness, how is your restart going?

Jig, what's up?

Wantanewme, haven't heard from you in a while.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, my Newbie friends!
  • Happy Sunday everyone

I spent 4 hours preparing tiles for grouting/grouting in my spare bathroom yesterday. Holy smokes was I ever pooped out afterward! Not used to that kind of activity. I have to get in there today to clean up now. I'm not a very tidy tradesperson!

It snowed ALL day yesterday. A bit of it stuck to the ground but should melt today. I can't believe it will be May next week. This winter has been brutal. DH has a job interview for a company near San Francisco. I say bring it on! lol

I'm enjoying reading all your scale and non-scale victories. Maintenance is coming your way!
  • Steph, you would love San Fran.! Good luck to DH.

I am so with you about the weather. I would just like to sit outside on a weekend and drink my tea. Nope! Still inside with a heater going :|

Do you find that you have more strength/ energy on maintenance? I used to be really strong but on IP, I feel weak when lifting things.

Hope your clean up goes well.