Being away speaks volumes

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Sorry for being late to the party! Welcome back, Melissa!

You should have no shame here as many many of us have done the same thing. When I was trying to come back from my downward spiral, reading your posts and blog helped me. You gave help and now you will get help. Isn't that was this community is about? We support each other. I know how discouraging it is to have to attack the same problem over and over. Please try to view it as a part of life and be easier on yourself. Treat yourself just like you would treat one of us.

Looking forward to seeing your post and reading your blog. I had moved it to my "check occasionally" list but now I am moving it back to my active blog list!
  • Welcome back! I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and I've been an on again, off again poster myself. I read your blog post, and your first two paragraphs really struck me as something I can relate to.

That first step back in the right direction can be so painful; I wish you all the luck in the world. Your posts always gave me new, down-to-earth perspectives, and your honesty just makes you more of an inspiration.
  • Well i've got skinny and gained it all back more than once in my lifetime. I expect there are a few here who have done that too. So although i don't know you, i'd be surprised if anyone would have a go at you for falling off the wagon.

I have depression too. But not right now of course. Staying on top of that is now uppermost in my mind for continued success on this journey and on my future "permanent" - yes i live in hope - maintenance.

For me the link between weight gain and low mood, stress and pressure is undeniable now.
  • re:
    It's good to hear from you - I had wondered why you weren't posting anymore.
  • You're back!!! So good to see you posting here again.

You did it before, you can do it again!!!!
  • Ah thanks all.

I saw my lab work online today. It's not NEARLY as bad as they were four years ago. I guess 9 months of neglect isn't nearly as bad as years of neglect.

I have my thyroid medication started and I'm just waiting for the blood pressure to get a bit better before I'm OKed for exercise. Can't wait actually. I'm ready!!!!
  • Welcome back Melissa!
    As the mother of a young adult daughter with profound autism your posts mean so much. You have helped so many of us. Thank you. Also you get a gold star for being so good to your mother in law. Yes, you are good.
    Ubee
  • Ah thank you Ubee - it's nice to feel valued!