Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - April 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 37 of 37
Go to
  • I love planks! I do them with my son most days. When I was fitter, my best time was 4:35. Right now I top out around 2:30. I did one earlier this evening and at about 1:45 (when my arms and abs were on fire) my son climbed atop my back and sat there clapping for me. Haha! Made it very hard to finish!!! We crashed to the floor about 12 seconds later. Haha!

Long gay today, did well on plan. Heading to bed as its gone half two in the morning now and half six comes early!
  • Hello everyone!

I wouldn't say I enjoy plants, but I enjoy what they do! haha! Right now I'm at about 25-30 seconds. I'm 6 weeks post-partum and when I started a few weeks ago, all I could do was 15 seconds!
  • Hey IanG - is canned shrimp gross? Because I just purchased canned crab and I really hated it (then again I only find crab OK and it was on sale). It doesn't look appealing but I do love shrimp. Just want to ask before I drop the $ lol.
  • I dont really know how to count calories nor do Ive wanted to, they scare the c*** out of me hahaha.

Today I had an apple and a boxed orange juice for breakfast and then I walked 30 minutes to get to work.

At lunch actually I had nothing cause I ran out of time (school traffic is THE WORST!) I did took some vitamins cause it's starting to get really cold here and I dont want to catch a cold :P

For dinner... I dont know really, I havent gotten back home yet but it's usually a large cup of tea and a sandwish or some low fat crackers (ugh!)

My husband is very controlling of what I eat now that I told him Im trying to lose weight again so he helps a lot whenever I wanna eat an extra piece of bread.

Dunno how many calories I took today I just hope it's not too much!
  • I've been soo drained an exhausted today. Only three hours of sleep for me last night, plus I switched to 1/2 decaf for my coffee.
    My entire body has been aching for about 2 days!
    I picked at breakfast and got hungry about 2 hours later, of course. I've been feeling quite faint today. I did eat one fried egg and some green beans for lunch. Anyway, I feel much better now after a small snack and some tea.

I have 563 calories left for dinner! I don't even think I'll use them all up. I'm having tilapia which is like 140 calories for 3 ounces. I'm gonna make soup with the rest of my spinach and onion and rice.
  • Yay to all the "plankers" lol How you do all do them? The high plank in pushup position or low plank on your arms?

I like this accountability thread! Hoping I can jump in here with you all
  • Olivia7906 - I do low planks on my arms. It does more for your core muscles.

pixelllate - I second canned crab being gross. The texture is so nasty. I never had canned shrimp. I think I'll stick with frozen.

SkylarLeeDixon - It actually sounds like your calories might be too low for today. I'm estimating 800 calories at the most with what you posted. You should always shoot for at least 1200.
  • I am stuffed. I came home to eat before going off to school and had the sauerkraut/mashed potatoes/boneless chuck that I made a few days ago and it was so TASTY! But the potatoes got me a little too full. No matter it will hold me through class

I am going to wear my jeans that are baggy, anyway, because it's 93 here right now and I can't stand to wear anything snug when it's so hot.
  • Hi Everyone!

I have been feeling bad the last couple of days, too. Today was the final straw. I have changed the time of day that I take my Synthroid. Originally I took it in the AM. I was thinking that I may be drinking my coffee too soon and causing absorption issues. Also, I was having a problem getting up in the AM. I have never been a morning person but thyroid issues makes it even worse. Also, I was taking all the Benadryl at night for the angioedema, that was compounding the problem with getting up. I changed to taking it at night at first. I was having problems with our work schedule, at times we were eating much later. Then I decided to take it at 4 PM. This was perfect for my schedule and no conflicts. Now I am not sleeping well. I think the Synthroid is peaking in my system at night. I have been waking during the night and I wake with a headache. I never have headaches. I have had enough of this mess. I am going back to taking it in the AM. I am setting a timer for 30 minutes and will wait for the timer to go off before I start on my coffee. Yes, I will be sitting there drooling. I know that will be the longest 30 minutes of my life, . Actually I always let the dog out, get the paper, use the bathroom, etc. I should be fine. I just don't like the idea of HAVING to wait. I think when I took it in the AM before I would only wait 20 or 25 minutes. We'll see how this goes. Another science experiment, that would be ME!

Kelijpa Sounds like the camping upgrades were a nice addition. Did you take your dogs with you?

CoolMom I hope this week is a better on for you.

Psychic Good job on your day.

Olivia Good luck with your plank challenge.

Ian Congrats on the .4. Are you still enjoying the boxing?

Syckgirlsfv Maybe a great job opportunity will pop up for you. That stuff happens when it's meant to be.

Sydney
    Glad your day was a good one.

FleurDeLis
    Hi and Welcome to the check-in.

Pixelllate Hi

SkylarLeeDixon Hi and welcome to the check-in! I would also suggest trying to count your calories. I think you are eating less than you think.

Laciemn Hopefully we will both feel a little better tomorrow.
  • Total Approx 1370 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
    Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
    Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
    Grilled salmon 400 calories
    2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
    Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan - 5 Miles
  • We have exceeded our post limit. I started our new thread for May. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-welcome.html