New Here :)

• well, already think I posted in the wrong area haha - sorry if this is a duplicate ...

I am 34 - I was 217 at my heaviest, lost to 170, and bounced back up to 188. My goal is 135-140 I horseback ride and run; currently taking dressage lessons and signed up for a half marathon in the fall. This should be an interesting journey haha.
  • Welcome. I'm an Aussie. Are you married to one?

You sound like you have an interesting life. I'm doing a 10km race at the end of the year. Once upon a time i signed up and paid for a half marathon but i injured my knee during training so i never did it.

I think my long distance running days are over though. It takes such a lot of effort and energy doesn't leave much room for anything else.

If you live in Australia though, there is a great marathon festival up here where i live.

good luck with all your projects.
  • Ha I get that question a lot Pattience, I have Australian Shepherds I am in the USA. This will be the longest distance so far. My husband have a 5K trail race and 10K along the way to the 13.wine half marathon. I may never do it again, but I want to say I did before my 35th bday lol. I think about injuries since my horse is young, but life is full of risks.
  • Most injures are avoidable. I got mine from a combination of over training and new heavy shoes. At the time i didn't understand what people might have meant by wearing in new shoes. I thought they were just referring to blisters. They probably were but my new shoes were extra heavy and i didn't realise the damage that could be done to my knee ligaments.

But overtraining is an issue when you start doing longer races too.

Is an Australian shepherd a bred version of a german shepherd otherwise i've never heard of them or do you mean a kelpie? … i looked up wikipedia. Turns they have little to do with Australia.
  • I would show you a pic If I could figure out how to upload lol . If you do an engine search American Australian shepherd or asca.org ( registry site) you can see pics. They are gorgeous dogs with interesting coat patterns. As far as shoes , I went to a running specialty store. They video you on the treadmills and determine best type of shoe for your running style and physical needs.
  • Hi everyone.....newbie here. I started the Ideal Protein 3 weeks ago and for the last week I have gained a pound. My husband has gained 3 pounds. Has anyone had that problem too? And what do we do now?
  • Hello,
    I started IP 1 week ago. I didn't gain or lose any weight. I'm in my 2nd week and I can tell I have lost an inch or so. I need to lose at least 30 pounds so I can fit my clothes. I refuse to buy a larger size. Oh well, I have committed to doing my part on this diet... Hope it works.