Exercising with Hypermobile Joints/Joint Problems?

• Hi all,
    Does anyone also have hypermobile joints or joint problems and have found a way around these or an exercise that actually helps with these while still helping with those fat "trouble areas"?
    Please share your exercise routine!
  • Just hypermobile joints or are you talking Ehlers Danlos?
  • I've been told I just have hypermobile joints and problems associated with it (tendonitis, nerve compressions, weakness, dislocations, etc) and therefore to take it easy and slow when exercising although that physical fitness should help my joints be more stable. I would assume anything that's okay for Ehlers-Danlos would be ideal for just hypermobile joints as well.
    I'm looking for tips or recommendations on exercises that will still target those areas that all women want to improve (abs, arms, butt, and thighs especially while still not hurting my joints). Or how others have worked around this issue with their workout regimen.
  • I have hyper-mobile joints, but never been told I have Ehlers Danlos. I do best with low-impact cardio such as walking, bike riding, low-impact aerobics, etc. For strength and toning I do pilates and high-rep, low-weight, weight training. When I'm at a good weight I can do more. The worst thing is being overweight and attempting high-impact moves, or really pushing myself with heavy weights. Sorry I don't have anything more specific.
  • Quote: I have hyper-mobile joints, but never been told I have Ehlers Danlos. I do best with low-impact cardio such as walking, bike riding, low-impact aerobics, etc. For strength and toning I do pilates and high-rep, low-weight, weight training. When I'm at a good weight I can do more. The worst thing is being overweight and attempting high-impact moves, or really pushing myself with heavy weights. Sorry I don't have anything more specific.
    I was thinking about looking into barre classes in the future. I think I want to lose a bit more weight before joining some kind of group class.... But I've also heard they have some videos online that simulate what you would do in a class. I heard they were good for people with joint problems, but never heard or have been able to find anything about it for hypermobile joints.
    Is there any specific exercises you like to do for reps?