Seriously This Time....

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • miniapplecocoa:: When I was 5 I had a kitten and she got into some oil. My dad tried to give her a bath in the sink and she tore his hands to ribbons. O_o We wound up having to take her to the vet and they had to sedate her to bathe her. Since then I've used 'giving a cat a bath' as a way of saying doing something difficult.
    Fiance is not the yoga type. He is a martial artist though, and has offered multiple times to teach me various styles and do them with me. Problem is, I have Kung Fu Panda playing in my head and I'm afraid to do it because I don't want to look ridiculous in front of him. Which is kind of stupid, considering that I've been too drunk to use the stairs before, and he had to help me with that....I'm not sure if you can look more ridiculous than that.

And I don't mind you talking about yourself, or whatever, cause you're kind of really motivational!
  • And you dear christa are funny as h@LL! I was laughing so hard tears came to my eyes. Oh I do hope you want to be a writer someday. You have talent. REALLY!!

Good nite sweets I'll check back tomorrow.
  • I've thought about it...I used to write short stories a lot, but I don't much anymore. I want to be a psychologist, but maybe I can write on the side, who knows?
    Thank you though.
  • Be a psychologist! The world needs more psychologists who are nice and have a background where you really understand the damage that's been done. You can write in your spare time.
  • Welcome! I notice you are in Denver -- I just got back from vacationing in the Denver/Boulder area last week. What a stunning place! You have access to some really beautiful chunks of nature out there, you're very lucky!!!

Good luck to you, this site has great information, and you'll find a variety of approaches represented by very nice people!
  • Quote: Be a psychologist! The world needs more psychologists who are nice and have a background where you really understand the damage that's been done. You can write in your spare time.
    That's what I think too. I've had psychiatrists/psychologists who just didn't get it. I get it. I know the world really sucks sometimes and bad things happen to random people who just don't deserve it. I just want to help people.
    Quote: Welcome! I notice you are in Denver -- I just got back from vacationing in the Denver/Boulder area last week. What a stunning place! You have access to some really beautiful chunks of nature out there, you're very lucky!!!

Good luck to you, this site has great information, and you'll find a variety of approaches represented by very nice people!
    Its gorgeous out here. I didn't know a big city could be so pretty or be surrounded by beauty like this. I'm from Missouri, and when I compare like St. Louis to out here....well there's no comparison really. Denver wins, hands down.

Thank you. I'm still exploring, but it seems like a great site with great people.
  • Hi all,

I have returned here after a long 4 yrs.. I had lost 70 lbs and regained 60 of it in those four years. So I am here to start getting on the track again.
  • I just stopped by to say Hi. Yes go for that passion that is in you. Don't ignore it. Many Psychologist are writers and you have to have great humor to see the irony and struggle of the human condition. You have that naturally.

ok, Chrisy cakes. I'll stop back soon. Have the best day that you are able too.

• with your efforts!!
  • I started a blog, and that's been helpful. I can't post a link to it, but I will when I can. :P