Goodbye to the 140's

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Hey everyone,

I'd like to join this thread. I'm at 147 and working my way down - although it's been rough and slow. It took me Jan - Sept to lose ten and it really doesn't look or feel like I lost anything - kinda of a bummer. Still, it's something.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet. I'll do that later. Do you guys weight and check in everyday?
  • Yay! to both EmmaD and valid28!
    And welcome to Crimzon! I'm new on this thread as so far I've been weighing every day, and checking in not quite every day.
  • Hi everyone!
    I finally made it to 149.8, my lowest since June. I had gained 6 lbs over the summer.
    I'm doing the 4 hr diet(slow carb). Let me tell you my secret miracle food. cauliflower. Whenever I eat it, my weight drops. Last nights dinner was a pork chop and boiled cauliflower sautéed in lots of butter and eggs with salt and pepper.
    Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.
  • I agree that cauliflower is the wonder vegetable of dieting.It has the least carbs and is so good and filling and can be prepared in so many ways.I like it roasted with butter,but often steam,microwave or fry it or even eat it raw.Yum
  • to Crimzon and InATizzy! and happy journey down...

I was actually 139.6 today so maybe the 130s are going to stick... I'll give it a couple more days (actually the test is to survive the weekend!) then I'm outta here
  • Hi everyone! I started losing weight a few years ago, then got lazy and have stayed in between 140-145 for at least 2 years now. (I blame finding a boyfriend.) Anyway, I'm finally ready to continue the journey! I'm weighing in every Sunday.
  • Thistimeforreal EmmaD- thanks for the welcome.
    Welcome Mongoose.

I was down a couple of pounds this morning. I'm waiting to see if it sticks.

I love smashed cauliflower. I've made the cauliflower pizza dough too which is really good. Maybe I'll make some - I've been eating a mouthful of bread once in a while and really shouldn't (doctor's order).

Have a good day everyone!!
  • Thanks for the welcome.
    It occurred to me that weighing in on Sunday is a terrible idea for me since I usually go out on Saturday night, so I'm changing it to Saturday (first thing after waking up). I checked this morning and I was down to 141. This is exciting, I haven't seen the 130's since 2008, before starting college.
    Trying a WW recipe tonight - lemon chicken with broccoli. I don't follow WW but my mother does so I'm borrowing her recipe.
  • Great job everyone!
    Anyone have any monthly goal they're aiming for?
    Mine is to be 143 by the end of the month. I haven't seen that number in nearly 2 years.
  • Yes InaTizzy - I'd like to be at 145 or lower. It's been a while for me to see that type of number too. The scale already put me there today but I want it to stick. It has been a slow journey for me but I'm finally moving in the right direction and think that should be doable.
    Good luck to you!

Mongoose - that recipe sounds good and congrats on the loss.
  • The scale said 140.0 this morning. I'm so excited! Okay now that the woo hoo's are out of my system let's see what tomorrow's weigh in number shows.
  • Looks like a few of you won't be on this thread much longer - congrats!

Me - might be here for the long haul!

09/04/2014: 146.8
    09/05/2014: 147.2
    09/06/2014: 146.8
    09/07/2014: 147.2
    09/08/2014: 146.2
    09/09/2014: 146.6
    09/10/2014: 146.8
    09/11/2014: 146.4
    09/12/2014: 146.8 (TOM though)
  • I was 149.4 this morning. I can't wait for 148!

Crimzon- I'm sure you'll make that goal!
    valid- way to go! I can't wait to get there!
    Thistimeforreal- I'm sure you're weight will drop after TOM.
  • Geez - my weight was all over the place this week. Today - 146 - I just go by the big number. Slowly moving down - with daily ups and downs.
  • I was back up to 142 yesterday, or maybe 141.5...it's sometimes hard to tell with an analog scale. Anyway, it might be because I only started seriously exercising this week. Oh well...at least I'm getting fit in the meantime.