Will I ever be able to lose weight?

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote:
    No need to starve yourself - this isn't torture, it's just a series of little changes that become second nature after time.

You are never stuck - everyday is a new day, and you can get to where you want to be.
    ~Munchy

This is so, so, so true!
    This too:
    Quote:
    Long term sustainable weightloss is about changing habits and "tweaking". It's not about gigantic changes that will leave you hungry and miserable.
    ~Locke
  • I'm glad to know that eating meat, fruit and vegetables puts me in the realm of a Final Fantasy character. We're not all "Zealots" and "dieters". Some of us have just done enough personal expiration and intelligent research to find that this is an approach that works for us.

To the original poster: I tried and failed on day one 7 thousand times. I still fail alot, just not completely and not every day. I agree with everyone that says that all the small changes add up over time. For example: I started by cutting out soda. Once I had that conquered I changed my diet to lower calories and more nutrients. Had that under control for a few months before I took up swimming. That being said, I really did have to be in the right head space to make even that initial change.

I'm 19 months in, and I've borrowed tricks, tips and such from probably 15 different plans. It can be quite fun, eventually, learning all you can and figuring out what works for you!

Reaching out is a good start! Ignore redundant arguments and negativity and glean what you can from 3FC, the web, but most importantly your own mileage. You'll figure it out!