Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 4 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: LOL! Don't feel bad; it has nothing to do with my eating habits or shape of my body! "Hogs" is a nickname for the mascot of the local university.

I actually used this argument with my boss today!!!

Boss: Do you want to go out to lunch?
    Me: No, thanks.
    Boss: Ugh, are you on a diet?
    Me: Yes.
    Boss: You still have to eat....
    Me: I do eat!
    Boss: Can't you have a salad?
    Me: Salads are free at home!
    Wow, this is going to be hard to get out of. He/she is definitely pushing you. Maybe you can think of a place that lists the calories, or you can find them online, and suggest you go there once or twice a week. Give a tear breaker speech about how you have to stick to this and it is very hard but if you don't, well, I don't know what if you don't stick to it. I'm a teacher and we don't ever go out, no time. I hate that, but reading your problem here makes me thankful. I eat lunch out most weekend days because I'm so sick of my packed lunch 180 days a year!
  • So yesterday I ate a Creme Egg and then went out for a curry - total wipe out!
    Today I ate a small slice of birthday cake, but otherwise having a good day. Couldn't bear to get on the scale this morning!!!
  • I couldn't bear to get on the scale this morning either Grand Daughters B-Day cake and ice cream yesterday, not to mention Pizza before the cake. My calories were around 2311/1250. Not good! Doing better today and there are no more Birthday's on the horizon (thank goodness)
  • Weighed in again this morning, down 1.3 + that 2lb gain. I know it'll be back on monday.
    I kicked my butt and did 550 cals worth of cardio. I'll be aiming for 3x a week as I know daily just won't be an option.
    1071 cals for wednesday, 907 for thursday as I had no appetite.

ETA: 21lb to go until my adjusted goal for June of 175lb
  • 1362/1250 calories for yesterday. This has not been a good start to April The scale was also up 3 lbs this morning Well today is a new day and I am getting back on track. I am going to work hard this weekend to get those 3 lbs off by my weigh in next Wednesday. I refuse to gain back the weight I worked so hard to take off

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • Such a busy week!

Tuesday 1584/1600
    Wednesday 1214/1600
    Thursday 1452/1600

Quote: Wow, this is going to be hard to get out of. He/she is definitely pushing you. Maybe you can think of a place that lists the calories, or you can find them online, and suggest you go there once or twice a week. Give a tear breaker speech about how you have to stick to this and it is very hard but if you don't, well, I don't know what if you don't stick to it. I'm a teacher and we don't ever go out, no time. I hate that, but reading your problem here makes me thankful. I eat lunch out most weekend days because I'm so sick of my packed lunch 180 days a year!
    Ugh, she got to me yesterday! I left an opening for her, though...I need to work on the right thing to say! You think "no" would suffice....

On Thursday she kept asking me what I can eat. I told her I can eat anything I want, but I'm staying away from eating out in particular, watching carbs and sugar, etc. So this was our conversation:

Boss: You can get a salad.
    Me: No, I really don't want to pay $10 for lettuce.
    Boss: Can you get a burger patty without the bread?
    Me: I don't like red meat.
    Boss: Fish?
    Me, thinking yeah right we're going to eat fish for lunch: Yeah, I love fish.
    Boss: Great! Let's go to Ruby Tuesday. I'll see you there in 5.
    Me:

I went and I had the grilled salmon, grilled zucchini, and roasted spaghetti squash, 3 glasses of water, and skipped the bread for 425 calories. And $20 after tax & tip.

My plan for next week is to pack my lunch and take it to work. I HATE to do this because it's one more thing I'll have to do in the morning before leaving the house, plus I only live 5 minutes from work and I'd rather eat at home than sit up there at work, but if she sees me with food then maybe she won't pressure me so hard.

Other than that, I am 3 weeks alcohol & soda free! I haven't weighed myself this week. I worked out twice on Monday & today (Friday), and once Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I have a very busy weekend of work coming up so no workouts planned. On Monday, I am thinking of dropping my daily calorie goal from 1600 to 1500.
  • 1bighog, wow, she's very pressuring. And it's especially awkward since it's your boss. Is it your company she wants? Or she doesn't like to eat alone? Idk but you could suggest going to your house. Although then what would you serve her! Plus you'd have to clean up! It's quite a dilemma! Is there no one else as fun as you for her to go with!!?!?
  • Catching up...

NewKate--what kind of hypnosis app? I am also highly skeptical, but I've actually considered trying this. I decided against hypnosis tapes at bedtime because it would keep hubs awake, so I settled on a falling rain audio to help me sleep. Hubs gave me new earbuds (pink ones!) for Christmas, and I use them at work to listen to alpha waves. Not sure if that helps my brain focus, but it does help keep out the chatter!

1BigHog: Hey, it's your BOSS! Golden Opportunity: "Sorry I would absolutely love to go to lunch with you every day, but I just don't make enough money to justify that extra expense, and I'll have to make up the extra time by working late." hint hint.....oops....just read your latest post.....You're in a tough position ! Your boss is not getting any of your not-so-subtle hints, she sounds needy, and is setting herself up for a somewhat public rejection. Next comes anger and ostracism, and for the sake of harmony in the workplace, you should try to prevent that. I would suggest offering up a substitute activity. Workouts after work? Lunchtime walks? (personally, I would not divulge dieting strategies--you'll just open yourself up to criticism.) Congrats on your "dry spell"! I'm 126 days alcohol free myself!

Dang! Paisleymama! You're dropping it like it's hot!

1030cals (average) for Jan,
    1062 for Feb,
    1090 for March...and the rate of weight loss keeps slowing and slowing.. stranded on a barren island, I'd probably gain weight....

900 cals yesterday,
    662 cals Thu,
    1499 cals (Gaw!) Wed (cereal for breakfast and dinner)
    906 cals Tue
    462 cals Mon (no time to eat!)
  • I'm on my 4th succesful day on a row. I've been having such a hard time sticking to my calorie limit lately, and I feel like I'm FINALLY back to staying under for a while and actually lose weight. Right now I'm eating around 1200 calories from Monday till Friday and on the weekends I eat around 1500. It serves as a way to confuse my metabolism so I don't plateau.

Today I had

B-fast: Skinny vanilla latte: 100 calories

Snack: Banana-peanut butter shake: 279 calories

Lunch: Cheese ciabatta sandwich: 430 calories

Snack: Pack of saltines : 90 calories
    String cheese: 70 calories

Dinner: Rotini pasta with natural tomato sauce: 440 calories

Total: 1409 calories

Hope you're all doing well and staying motivated!!
  • Quote: 1bighog, wow, she's very pressuring. And it's especially awkward since it's your boss. Is it your company she wants? Or she doesn't like to eat alone? Idk but you could suggest going to your house. Although then what would you serve her! Plus you'd have to clean up! It's quite a dilemma! Is there no one else as fun as you for her to go with!!?!?
    She doesn't like to eat by herself! That's really all it is. I mean, we're friends and all...we travel together, we hang out at her house, we grab drinks together, but we're not super best friends enough to eat lunch out twice a week together! The business is extremely busy from 3:30pm-9:30pm. The day time is slow (we cater to children, so after school time is peak), so it's usually just her & me working. And since she works til 10pm every night, lunch is her biggest meal of the day. I don't have her same schedule, though.
    Quote: [FONT=Arial]
    1BigHog: Hey, it's your BOSS! Golden Opportunity: "Sorry I would absolutely love to go to lunch with you every day, but I just don't make enough money to justify that extra expense, and I'll have to make up the extra time by working late." hint hint.....oops....just read your latest post.....You're in a tough position ! Your boss is not getting any of your not-so-subtle hints, she sounds needy, and is setting herself up for a somewhat public rejection. Next comes anger and ostracism, and for the sake of harmony in the workplace, you should try to prevent that. I would suggest offering up a substitute activity. Workouts after work? Lunchtime walks? (personally, I would not divulge dieting strategies--you'll just open yourself up to criticism.) Congrats on your "dry spell"! I'm 126 days alcohol free myself!
    Thanks for the tips! What kills me about the whole thing is that she used to be a huge fitness person. On top of owning the business and working a lot of hours, she also used to teach fitness classes at a local gym during the summer. Well, a few years ago, her business just got too big (and stressful) and she had to give up the fitness classes...and she's gained a ton of weight since then. She is always saying, "I need to lose weight, I know what I need to do, I just don't have time to do it," so you think she'd be more encouraging to me on my weight loss journey. She is a needy person. She won't go for lunchtime walks; lunch is her only real meal of the day. (The business is a gymnastics facility; she coaches classes from 3:30pm-9:30pm with no breaks.)

She's not the type of person to get angry if I say no, though. She won't take it out on me. I've just got to be more firm than I want to be with her and after a few times of me really sticking to my guns, I think she'll drop it.

That's amazing on the 126 days alcohol-free! I really don't think (and don't really plan!) to fast from alcohol that long. It just kind of ended up happening here.
  • Whew! 1Big...you just made us feel a lot better about your boss situation. Glad to hear she's not the vindictive type. (I work with a lot of those.)

pauli--those are some good statements in your signature. Keep posting so I can read them every day!

Wow...829cals yesterday and 876 average cals for Apr. You'd think the weight would just melt off...but NoooOOOOooo.....
  • Friday 1251/1600 (two workout day)
    Saturday 2214/1600 (!!!!)
    Sunday 1711/1600

I'm under 1,067 calories for this week and I was under 3,953 calories for the week before. I think I'm going to lower to 1,500 calories/day starting tomorrow.

OH! Forgot to add...I haven't weighed all week; I kept forgetting every morning. I did today, even though I would have normally skipped it due to eating terribly yesterday, but I was down a pound.
  • Hey all, sorry I've been AWOL. I had a frisbee tournament yesterday which meant over 16 hours in a minibus, a trip to Macdonalds and eating lots of rubbish. This all followed by a Chinese last night meant I was 176 on the scale this morning :-(
    But chin up and get on with it I suppose...
    I'm on my Easter Holidays now so two weeks off work - bliss! I sometimes find it hard to keep my mind occupied when I'm off work and end up snacking but I'm determined to have a really good two weeks. I'm looking after my bfs parents dogs from Tuesday til Sunday this week and that means long walks every day which will be blissful for both my mental state and my body!

seemyfeet it's called "LoseWeight" found it on the apple App Store. It has a blue scale as the icon.
  • Quote: Catching up...
    Dang! Paisleymama! You're dropping it like it's hot!
    For real? I feel like it's taking FOREVER. I'm sick of being fat already. I'm also extremely tired of chicken

Sunday was a bust as usual. Saturday was ok, as was friday. Weigh in on Wednesday as usual. Off to go and cook my oh so delicious chicken...again.
  • Well it looks that way to me Paisleymama! I don't remember us being so far apart in weight. But I hear ya....this is painfully slow! I have GOT to find a way to make this weight loss go faster. (exercise, exercise....hint hint)
    My wt loss in Jan was -0.23lb/da, in Feb -0.17 in Mar -0.13 and so far in Apr -0.08. Egad!

Yesterday: 841 calories.