Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 13 of 35
Go to
  • Candidcamster if you want to cut your calories down a little bit more, Sara Lee, Wonder, and a few other brands make 80 calorie hot dog buns instead of the 140 for the TJ honey wheat. There are also a host of high fiber/low carb wraps that will run you 80-90 calories each (ole wellness, la tortilla factory, and fiber one) or sandwich thins and sandwich buns that are only 100 calories and work awesome with burgers. I LOVE my burgers in lettuce, though!

Just a thought
  • I keep going over my calories by about 150 Monday because I ate out with a friend and then yesterday because of a work lunch that I didn't know about (aka plan for - we ate out as well). Today I will stay within my range!
  • Yesterday's calories: 1690
    Today's calories: 1980

Didn't quite make my goal of 1800 yesterday but definitely made up for it today. Tomorrow will be a rest day from the gym so I'm gonna aim for 1600.
  • Paisley,
    So sorry about the exercise.
    Well I've lost over 50 with just walking and calorie counting so you can do it too! And I'm old and have a slower metabolism, so you can definitely do it.

Lots of new calorie counters! I'm still in maintenance, which is forever, actually.
    I am trying to read as much as I can and get tips on how to become one of the small percentage of people that keeps if off! I'm very motivated, still walking six days a week and entering food into MFP. I am actually about six under my goal and I went shopping today and can wear size eight. I've never been an eight. A couple times I lost enough to wear a ten but I would immediately gain it back and be in 12s which I was fine with. I don't want to lose any more, just stay right around this 144 that I'm at. I'm eating around 2000 or a little each day and I may increase a little more if I lose any more. The school year ends (yay) in a few weeks and I have a really crazy summer traveling so it will be a learning experience for me to eat not at home all the time, and not doing my usual exercise.

I know it is slow to lose and you can get frustrated but I can tell you it is worth it. It's not like my life has changed but I just feel so much better. Healthy and fit. I still can't believe I'm a normal weight! It just seems like everything is easier. I've had some bad news delivered to me lately and I know it sounds ridiculous but I just talked myself out of getting down about it. Of course being a normal weight shouldn't change my outlook but somehow it has. I just feel better in my classroom teaching, (and it's not like I'm trying to impress my students, lol), even walking out to my car which is a long walk carrying my heavy piles of papers and stuff is easier. So... Keep plugging away. If you go over, it's fine! Just get back to normal calories the next day. One meal over, one day over does not ruin it!

And as I always say... Walk. ... Just 10, 15, or 30 minutes will make you feel better!
  • Quote: Candidcamster if you want to cut your calories down a little bit more, Sara Lee, Wonder, and a few other brands make 80 calorie hot dog buns instead of the 140 for the TJ honey wheat. There are also a host of high fiber/low carb wraps that will run you 80-90 calories each (ole wellness, la tortilla factory, and fiber one) or sandwich thins and sandwich buns that are only 100 calories and work awesome with burgers. I LOVE my burgers in lettuce, though!

Just a thought
    Thank you Munchy, I'll have to check that out my next trip to Kroger.
  • I'm getting lazy, yesterday I hit my limit and then ate back 100 (although I did have an extra-long workout, too) and today I'm 21 over, and I'm gonna want more coffee at least once. I didn't feel bad at all yesterday, but I ended up skipping the gym this morning because I was so tired. I need to recommit.
  • Calcounter- Thank you so very much for your encouraging post! I had totaled 567 cals during the day. For dinner I didn't count my calories as my husband made some chicken salad. I put quite a bit on the sandwich because I didn't want the small amount left over to be wasted. Ugh. Had some baked lays with it. For dessert I had 1/2 of a package of swiss roll. I know it probably wasn't a major disaster, but I know I shouldn't have had so much of the chicken salad. :/

Back to it tomorrow, minor setback.
  • 1,500 today!
  • Turning in with 1,125 for the day! I planned on eating my full allowance of 1,300 but I already brushed my teeth so forget it :/

Food Today: 1 egg and ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 small avocado, and coffee.
  • 1274 today.
  • Hey! Can I join in I've actually been a calorie counter all along, but I'm really trying to get more serious now that I'm close to goal and want some more accountability

I try and stay around 1600-1700. Today was 1680, also I went on a 3.5m hike.
  • Hey everybody, I am on 1830 calories a day, and I am trying to get down to 286 lbs. by May 30th (wish me luck!) by sticking to those calories.

For breakfast I ate - a sliced Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog buns), Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 840 *yikes lol*.

For lunch I just enjoyed (1) Vita Tops Carrot Cake Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 160.

Lastly for dinner I will be eating Tofurky Vegan Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, the whole pizza! If I have the cheese the calories is 720, but if I have the pepperoni it is 810.

I weighed in today at 292.4 which is down from yesterday at 294.8 (I know I shouldn't weigh everyday due to fluctuations but I couldn't resist ) , I have 6.4 lbs. to go to reach my mini goal!
  • Good luck candidcamster - I also weigh every day in the morning, I don't think it's a bad idea! I have an "official" weigh-in on Sunday morning, but it motivates me to see progress during the week.

1149/1200 today. Just enough for a couple more cups of coffee I more than made up for skipping the gym yesterday and I still have a yoga class tonight.
  • Good luck Candidcamster, you can do it!

Checking in with 1,300 calories today! A few days ago I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stick to this limit but everyday it is getting easier and easier.

Food Today: Whole wheat everything bagel - plain, Dove milk chocolate bar (oh yes I did!), 1 can of tuna with wasa crackers, vege sushi roll, salad, coffee.
  • Thank you so much @ futureformerfisher & oxalis!