80lbs Down, In Need Of Support!

• Hey everyone! I have read through these forums multiple times over the past few years and have recently been searching for a place I can settle in, post and read other peoples stories. I remembered this forum so...here I am!

I lost 80lbs about a year ago. I hit a rough spot once I reached my current weight and I'm having a really hard time getting the weight loss in gear again. I hope being apart of this community will help aid me, and I hope to help others!
  • You certainly found the right place!!! I am in a similar situation. Last year I made it to my goal weight and then I kind of let myself go. Not that it is a good excuse but I tore my ACL and had surgery to reconstruct it... so I wasn't able to move as much as I had in the past which certainly helped me to pack the pounds back on, but I know that I could've avoided a lot of the weight gain by eating healthy. Anywho, I am back on the wagon and I am making a comeback. Good luck with your journey, and I know you will find great support on this forum.
  • OP, just start out by working out your maintenance calories and eating those for a little while until you feel in a better mood and more motivated and ready to reduce your calories.

EAting at your maintenance calories quit the foods that are causing you a problem and try to focus on eating good decent meals with lots of vegies. You might be a bit short of seratonin and i think when we have that problem we tend to want to eat badly.

Read the article on nutrition wonderland about seratonin. It might put somethings into perspective for you.

Seratonin is usually linked in with depression. The article mentions some foods that raise seratonin levels.

Try to find other things that will lift your mood and make you feel more motivated for weight loss.

Join a yoga class or a team sport or do something new like that which can make you happy. Once you are feeling happier it will be easier to get back into weightloss mood.
  • This is a great place to be for friends and help! Just keep working it everyday and even if it's slow progress, it's atleast something!