Bed Bath and Beyond - "Tummy Tuck"

• I feel absolutely foolish asking this question, though I am going to ask it anyway. I am not normally a sucker for fads, but this thing at Bed Bath and Beyond is begging me to drop $40 on it. It is called "Tummy Tuck" (i just laughed out loud thinking about the concept), but I cannot divert my mind from it! I have a serious belly overhang (what I shamefully refer to as my skin skirt) so this thing is attractive to me. I guess part of my infatuation is that I feel like even if its magical lotion doesn't resolve anything, I like the idea of wrapping my belly. I had a c-section over a year ago and I wore that support wrap for a long time, basically until the thing fell apart.

Has anyone bought this, for either the wrap or the full effect? Did it help hold you in? I wondered if it would serve as a reminder to hold in my gut which might help me unknowingly work my abs? If not, is there anything else like this you could recommend?

Thanks! XOXO
  • I don't know about the Tummy Tuck thing, but have you considered getting some shapewear? I think I have this (if not this exact one, something very similar):

http://www.target.com/p/suddenly-skinny-with-self-expressions-women-s-firm-control-tummy-toning-cami-assorted-colors/-/A-12912020?reco=Rec|pdp|12912020|ClickEV|item_page.v ertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickEV|item_page.vertical_1

It really does make you feel firmer while it's on, but it's not really uncomfortable. I usually tuck it into my pants or jeans to make sure it won't roll up. I definitely feel more confident when I'm wearing this!
  • Quote: I don't know about the Tummy Tuck thing, but have you considered getting some shapewear? I think I have this (if not this exact one, something very similar):

http://www.target.com/p/suddenly-skinny-with-self-expressions-women-s-firm-control-tummy-toning-cami-assorted-colors/-/A-12912020?reco=Rec|pdp|12912020|ClickEV|item_page.v ertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickEV|item_page.vertical_1

It really does make you feel firmer while it's on, but it's not really uncomfortable. I usually tuck it into my pants or jeans to make sure it won't roll up. I definitely feel more confident when I'm wearing this!
    I have not seen these tank tops at target, so Thank you! I wonder how the corset one feels on? I need all the support I can get. I am all belly..... I did try some shapewear once. I bought a fairly expensive pair of spanx, the one with the very high waist with the long shorts. Holy beejesus. It was like a 20 minute work out getting that horrendous thing on!! I was sweating and breathing hard. Once I got it on, I held my bladder all day and swore I would never wear that thing again!! That's why I want something that just goes around the waist. Anything with pants is not for me! I like this idea, both the tank tops and the corset. Thanks!!
  • Did you get the lotion? If so how were the results?
  • I have this. I bought it because I wanted the wrap. It is hard to find them without including the tank top or the pants. I had 2 abdominal surgeries where they cut through my abdominal muscles and as a result my muscles are destroyed and my belly sticks out terribly. I bought a couple mid-section wraps online at Dream Products but last time I looked for them they no longer had them. My husband sees the commercials and keeps bugging me to use the lotion, and I have put it on a couple times, but I don't stick with it because I really don't believe it would work. I guess I should try to do it regularly, after all, I already paid for it and it's sitting there on my dresser. I just have no faith in gimmicks.

I think it's worth it to use body shapers as you're losing. It makes your clothes look better and makes you feel better about yourself. But don't use it instead of exercise. I believe that diet and exercise is the only way you can actually lose body fat, but you can fake it til you make it!
  • Quote: I feel absolutely foolish asking this question, though I am going to ask it anyway. I am not normally a sucker for fads, but this thing at Bed Bath and Beyond is begging me to drop $40 on it. It is called "Tummy Tuck" (i just laughed out loud thinking about the concept), but I cannot divert my mind from it! I have a serious belly overhang (what I shamefully refer to as my skin skirt) so this thing is attractive to me. I guess part of my infatuation is that I feel like even if its magical lotion doesn't resolve anything, I like the idea of wrapping my belly. I had a c-section over a year ago and I wore that support wrap for a long time, basically until the thing fell apart.

Has anyone bought this, for either the wrap or the full effect? Did it help hold you in? I wondered if it would serve as a reminder to hold in my gut which might help me unknowingly work my abs? If not, is there anything else like this you could recommend?

Thanks! XOXO

I use waist trainer that is very comfortable with a sweat waist belt, apply the Vicks vaporub during working out and sweat like a crazy person . I bought my waist trainer on eBay for $11 and going get size down because lost few inches and is lose and washable. I have the thigh spandex like you but I ripped the bathroom hoe to make it useable lol!! I think waist training more effectively than shapewear .