40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

You're on Page 17 of 36
Go to
  • Cattails thank you again I'm smiling and I am hoping for a totally OP day

Thanks Sum

Zumba hope you get a nap in today Enjoy your day

I am back down to one of my scales favorite numbers 162.2. I'm drinking a cup of coffee for the first time in awhile, pretty good.

I hope we all have Positive Thoughts and a Perfect (no slip up) ON POINT day ... this is really for me ... Rissa (my 10 yr old) just told me to put that on my internet thing that I go on everyday kids
  • Hi Friends

I have been really busy all week. Unfortunately not too busy to eat Well I have been pretty good, over all. My scale and I are not friends though. It likes to run up really fast, but comes down at snail's pace

I am visiting a very pregnant friend this morning. Then run a few errands and in the evening I have a fundraiser walk. Hoping to get in some steps.

The weather has been amazing. I hope that this long awful winter is behind us. But it is Michigan, we may get an ice storm and a huge snow storm in April...lol

I swore I was not going to get any more clothing until I am at goal, but WHBM had a great sale going on and I broke down and ordered some items. They will be great for next winter. I got them on bottom prices. I can not pass up a pair of suede shoes for $19 plus 30% off....They were originally $130. I also bought a sweater dress... I told this to Zumba... I look like a sausage in it right now...but I am hoping to rock it next winter. And I bought a few other items. I love their 30% off sales on sales items.

I hope everyone is well, personals later!
  • SUM There is no doubt in my mind you will be rocking those clothes next winter...i haven't been clothes shopping in a long time...but plan on shopping in my own closet as soon as I get into a smaller size...cant' wait...summer here I come! I have some major expenses coming up the next few months...patio furniture, property taxes on two houses, setting up my home office.....buyiing a new wardrobe is NOT on the agenda....

Love2b Congrats on getting back to that number you have been working so hard at this...so glad that it is working for you. I will never give up coffee no matter what kind of diet or new lifestyle i am on.....ive been drinking since i was a kid (don't ask, i come from a weird culture) . I gave it up during my pregnancies and as soon as that baby popped out i was asking for a cup of coffee.... I don't understand why people give it up, if you have it in moderation it isn't bad for you...people at the gym talk about how they gave up coffee and they're so proud of themselves, then they go home and drink vodka....go figure...

Today I start day one of the BFC...it has worked for me twice before....i'm doing fast track which is seven days of low carb....but it is plenty of food.....in fact I'm feeling very satiated right now .....and i haven't had lunch yet. I Pray this works for me because I am at the end of my rope. I spoke to my new trainer today...she is amazing....all muscle...does competitions....i'm kind of afraid of her...LOL..but thats the kind of person I want training me....they know shortcuts and they know how to NOT waste time in the gym.... I have to set up an appt with her, i'm just trying to figure out this months finances.....speaking of which i had bette go pay some bills....
  • Goals
    To weigh 15 pound less ( I think I've lost 5 already and I'm weighing in tomorrow so really I want yo lose another 10)

To work out at least 5 days a week.
    To completely fill in my food journal and track measurements daily.

That should do it
  • So far this year 3 inches off my hips, 4 inches off my waist. Changing my weigh in day to Saturday so couple more days I will know my current weightloss.
  • Just a fly-by visit here- just wanted to say me eating is completely wrecked, but-

I've kept up with the running and
    Didn't need a seatbelt extender in the plane, plus we went to Busch Gardens and had no trouble fitting the roller coasters!

Will catch up properly easter weekend when we are home...
  • Took a walk with friends....felt good to be walking..something so simple that we suburbanites just don't do...
  • Sum you aren't worried that you'll be too small for those clothes by next winter? You have your times lady (when you call your eating off plan) but I think when you really get things going (like you want) you are gonna take off for sure ...

Thanks Zumba Shopping in your own closet sounds like fun. I wish I could say that LOL I haven't given up coffee but when I drink it I either pee a lot or it upsets my stomach. I'm going to finish what I have and look into some lower acidic coffee like Cattails I love coffee and would definitely go to Starbucks or Caribou's daily if I could afford it

Thistimeitsreal to the thread and best of luck to you with your goals

Susan great NSV's ... have fun, see ya when you you get back to the thread

good day today, hoping for another tomorrow
  • Hi all, quick drop by...

Few more days of work craziness. Plus my FIL will be stopping by over the weekend on his way west. DD has an Idol type competition at school this weekend. Also, on a sad note, one of the girls from the older DD's class (graduated last spring) and her current college died in a car accident, and the younger is good friends with her sister. So trying to help support both of them, and will have a funeral/memorial service to go to.

Food mostly good, except dinner out tonight. Dinner itself was OP, but they messed up my steak, and offered an appetizer or desert as well as comp'ed my meal. So, chocolate lava cake... I let DH eat most of it. Tomorrow will be OP, no idea about the rest of the weekend with FIL here. Will try to stay OP as much as I can since I had the cake.
  • Sum, I'm sure you'll look fab in that dress in no time! Still waiting on a picture of your new hair...

Rennie, glad you had a good day today. What do you have planned for your birthday?

Yay, Abbi, that's some terrific progress!

Susan, kudos on staying with the running, and riding the coasters, whoo! Good fun.

Welcome, Thistimeitsreal, glad to have you with us! Feel free to log your meals here too if you like. (We're kinda nosy that way. LOL)

Zumba, your trainer sounds awesome - hope you like her regimen! I'm with you on the coffee - quitting coffee is nuts!

Marlene, sorry to hear about the death, that's so sad especially when it's such a young person. Oh, my, lava cake - that's definitely on my bucket list, yum!
  • Been fighting off a bad mood lately, tried to banish it today by moving my bod. Seems to have helped some! Being outside enjoying the sunshine is a good mood-enhancer too.

B: oatmeal with dried apricots and almond butter
    L: broccoli slaw with peanut dressing
    D: green salad with shredded beef, grilled zucchini
    S: half a banana, coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

E: walked 2 1/2 miles, did stepups for 10 minutes

TGIF all.
  • Marlene to all and my condolences to all My oldest son and I are doing a 5K in honor of a young man that was killed last year in a car accident. Such a hard thing for young people to go through. ... I am so happy that tax season is almost over, I miss seeing you and chatting with you I love the lava cake desserts. I always have to share it. I get it because I can taste it just looking at it on the menu but I'm usually too full to eat more than a few bites (greedy me)

Thanks Cattails, I never have plans. I'm just gonna enjoy a Food Lion cake because I love their birthday cake and some ice cream. I have decided that I will only buy the small cake because once I cut it into 6 pieces it will be gone. So I'll have my 500 calories once and be done Cattails any particular reason for the bad mood? I hope it's better for you today

I am down .4 to 161.8. New low so my wish came true. Now to keep it going My calories were low yesterday so I need to be good today. My daughter, her husband and his Mother want to take me out to eat tomorrow so I'm thinking I should just low carb/calorie today also. Thoughts/comments
  • Cat; My hair faded out really quick. It does not look bad, more strawberry blonde that a carrot top I'll have it done again in May, I will have my hairdresser to take a picture.

Rennie
    I am buying everything in size 4 or S right now. I hope I will get to be that small

It is a cleaning day for me. Yay, fun...LOL I had a really busy week, I was all over the place every day. I did not log my foods but I think I did pretty well, atleast the past few days. I am eating more during the day and skipping dinner. I think the big dinners were hindering my progress. Monday was a bad day; I ate through my sorrows. So silly to give someone that much power.

Weather has been amazing. And I really want to be outdoors.

Plan for today is to eat early;
    B - hardboiled eggs (2), Greek yogurt
    L - Pulled pork, coleslaw, side salad
    S - apple w/pb, nuts
    D - None

Exercise
    3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
    Step aerobics 60 min
  • Rennie You are almost at your 150's

Can tomorrow be your splurge day?
  • Sum I know you will be in a small/ 4 wow. I can't even imagine, YOU GO GIRL! I just want to go buy a pair of size 10's LOL I can't even see myself in an 8 at this point. I wonder what size I'll be at goal? I really need to work on my stomach because I have a really saggy pouch. So ugly, BIG SIGH. Ok but you keep doing what you're doing I know you look good and will continue to do so ALL of YOU with these new dresses/outfits/clothes you have bought ... one day I'll be able to also

Thanks Sum yeah almost, I don't want to get excited and blow it but oh my would't it be great . I may just do a complete splurge tomorrow get it all out of the way and have Sunday to re-group and get it all together, then be ready for the number on the scale Monday. I am gonna be so nervous on Monday morning. Isn't that just plain silly? Why does it matter so much to me?? Am I over obsessing? It's almost like I'm afraid to eat this weekend

Sum what do you put in your cole slaw? I have some shreds I bought to make it but it seems the dressing has so many carbs. I do have 0 carb 0 sugar mayonnaise though.