IP weekend chat Sat 3/15 - Sun 3/16/2014

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Annik
    I'm so glad you're back!
    Thanks for posting progress pics!
  • Big hugs to you, Lisa,

You have been such an inspiration and source of wisdom for me. I am so deeply grateful.

Sending love,
    Annik
  • Great words
    Fabulous discussion from Annik and 65x65. Such wise words, I'm tempted to print them out and keep by my bed for when I need some inspiration. Thanks ladies for taking the time to write such impressive responses.
  • Quote: Fabulous discussion from Annik and 65x65. Such wise words, I'm tempted to print them out and keep by my bed for when I need some inspiration. Thanks ladies for taking the time to write such impressive responses.
    The comments, thoughts and resolve from Amber and Annik merit the praise, support, and attention. They are very much on target.

Sometimes it takes a while to get one's head into this...but when the switch is thrown...it becomes so much easier to understand...
    And the path to stay the course, well.... not always as easy, but once that awareness becomes part of your conscience decision making, that piece is foremost way more than 50% of this battle. It is really what goes on in your head that matters most. That will impact what does and does not go in your mouth. And that becomes habit. It's a keeper!!! One you do not want to change.
  • Quote: Good afternoon

2 NSVs to report: I ate out last night for the 1st time & it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! I wasn't even tempted by the beers or margaritas, which is a HUGE victory in my books. And this morning I tried on a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than I usually wear and I was able to GET THEM ON & FASTENED. I wouldn't wear them in public, but the fact I was able to get them zipped up has my mind spinning.

It is a glorious sunny day here, my winter coat is retiring for the season, I'm enjoying a Saturday without being hungry all day, and I am feeling better than I have in years. I am very happy I made the decision to try IP! I am so happy right now that if I weren't me, I would be annoyed with how obnoxiously chirpy I am.

Hoping everyone's day is full of blessings :
    Those NSV's sure do feel amazing! Congratulations!!!!
  • Quote: Amber...you are to be commended. It is most important to be honest with yourself!! And you are well on your way to self accountability with what you have included in your post. Many of us find daily weigh-ins do that for us. I am one of those who finally made my peace with it...and it is as much a part of my AM ritual as brushing my teeth now. Plus..even if I dread it because the day before I had restaurant food...etc......(and OH MY...I think that will be a forever challenge)...not weighing does nothing to help my personal war on weight. The not having to deal with the scale is like pretending you are not overweight and need IP ...or some plan to lose weight. Then there is the "National Registry" which does research on weight loss. That source, and several others say that unequivocally...daily "weighers" end up doing better at losing...but most importantly ... maintaining at a MUCH higher percentage than those who do not. It is like exercise...it becomes habit and you have to condition your mind to handle the fluctuations. A once a week weigh-in is not a guarantee that 1 time is going to capture you at the LOW POINT of your week!!! At least if you are up a pound...you know where you were 72 hrs ago....and also KNOW you did not go off the rails...so you can toss an wiley data point as a deviant number!!...and hope the next "official" weigh will show a bigger decline. For me this activity associated with both losing and maintaining was a head and mind adjustment...just like the reality...carbs create cravings and promote faster weight gain for me than any other food group! That is a reality...so I had no choice but to accept my maintenance was going to look different than some one who is 5'6" ..25 years younger...and does not have insulin resistance!!!

Your decision to stay away from a potentially difficult social event tonight is also proof you are honest with yourself, and making decisions based on your desire to take care of you first and foremost. It will get easier...at some point. The drinks will not always be an issue. And at that point your decisions will not be based on what you are trying to accomplish today.
    {Just know your decisions of today...may very well influence what is important to you in the future though...and that is not at all bad!!! } Some of us find not drinking like we used to at events prior to IP is actually OK...if not preferable. Sometimes...I'd rather have a piece of chocolate than the wine...it's all about you!!!

Sounds like you are going in the direction of being able to give good advice to members who may struggle with decisions... because you have been there and done it.

Congrats.
    This is another milestone in your journey.
    A real NSV!!!
    And each one of these decisions and new habits ....
    Makes you stronger...which is good because...

We are never done with this!
    Thank you so much, someone who understands my weighing, my doctor actually told me during my prior journey that it was a good way to keep myself in check as long as I understood the daily fluctuations of my body. And I'll tell you I did a lot of experimenting with weighing myself mutlitple times a day, I can actually tell you at what time I'm heaviest, how much more most clothes weigh lol, and that peeing first makes a difference. The scientific part of my mind has always been curious. I like to chug a bottle of water and see if the scale goes up just cause my logical brain says it should. However for the purpose of this diet I find daily morning weights are obviously the best and I also found that the time change messed that up. Which is strange that in that extra hour of sleep I would lose that extra pound, now instead of weighing at 6:30 it's a lb lighter at 7:30 (I only did this for a couple days after time changes as an experiment.) Anyway I'm all over the place here, I really just wanted to tell you thank you it's nice to feel understood. I am very honest with myself and I plan to retain that, I am my own worst critic.
  • Annik, Happy 100! You did an amazing job in a short amount of time
  • Quote: The comments, thoughts and resolve from Amber and Annik merit the praise, support, and attention. They are very much on target.

Sometimes it takes a while to get one's head into this...but when the switch is thrown...it becomes so much easier to understand...
    And the path to stay the course, well.... not always as easy, but once that awareness becomes part of your conscience decision making, that piece is foremost way more than 50% of this battle. It is really what goes on in your head that matters most. That will impact what does and does not go in your mouth. And that becomes habit. It's a keeper!!! One you do not want to change.
    Thank all of you! This group is amazing and I'm so glad to have found it right away in my journey. I can always find answers and support and I hope to be able to help others. Weight loss is such an incredibly hard journey, mentally, physically, and emotionally and the world is littered with hazards we face along the way. I keep reminding myself that my first victory will be the under two hundred mark and that I'm on target to get there before my first vacation. If I can do this anyone can!
  • Quote: Good afternoon

2 NSVs to report: I ate out last night for the 1st time & it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! I wasn't even tempted by the beers or margaritas, which is a HUGE victory in my books. And this morning I tried on a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than I usually wear and I was able to GET THEM ON & FASTENED. I wouldn't wear them in public, but the fact I was able to get them zipped up has my mind spinning.

It is a glorious sunny day here, my winter coat is retiring for the season, I'm enjoying a Saturday without being hungry all day, and I am feeling better than I have in years. I am very happy I made the decision to try IP! I am so happy right now that if I weren't me, I would be annoyed with how obnoxiously chirpy I am.

Hoping everyone's day is full of blessings :
    Is it not great to get into pants you could not before, I accidently pulled a pair a pants I had tried two weeks ago that I could not get in to and could today. IT WAS GREAT!!! Keep it up
  • Quote: Fabulous discussion from Annik and 65x65. Such wise words, I'm tempted to print them out and keep by my bed for when I need some inspiration. Thanks ladies for taking the time to write such impressive responses.
    We are all very fortunate to have all these wonderful people around us.
  • Annik- great pictures
  • Amber and Annik, thanks for sharing. Annik, you look fabulous!

I got around to cleaning the kitchen this afternoon, and put some things in my "No-no cupboard" for the foreseeable future. Out of sight, out of mind, and I now have counter space for the new stuff I've bought so I can prepare my food to IP standards. The cats thought it was very strange.
  • Quote: March 14, 2014 -- doing a happy dance!
    You look fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing. Where are you in Canada?
  • Thank you! I feel so healthy!

Dauphin, Manitoba! Originally from Saskatchewan!

Sending love,
    Annik
  • Such fantastic inspirational reading in this weekend's thread. Annik, I love your progress pics. I love seeing before and after pictures. During week in the evening I have been watching a BBC show called Fat Doctor. It's about morbidly obese people who are getting stomach bypass surgery to help them shift their weight. People who have serious food addictions. Firstly, it keeps me from wanting to snack in front of the tv!! But seriously I recognize myself in these people. i recognize their reasons to eat and drink. I have the same behaviors and if I leave myself unchecked, I fear I will be in their position in the future. I am severely obese judging by my BMI, I can still get around and do my daily chores but if I don't get real about my weight now.... On a lighter note it's a beautiful day here today so myself and my husband are planning on taking the kids out on their bikes, they are learning to ride.