Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder!

You're on Page 16 of 31
Go to
  • It was another busy weekend for me this weekend. While FUN, not a very good one healthy wise. lol Saturday I went out to the bar and had Fish and Chips for dinner (all fried of course!) and 2 beers... it was a birthday even for one of my good friends who I've known since drivers ed.
    Yesterday, I went to a bridal expo with my sister, my brother's fiance, and my future sister-in-law. The best part is ... we are ALL engaged! It's crazy. lol After the EXPO I went to a purse party where i ate party snacks ( wasn't horrible since i mostly ate cheese, meat, cracker tray and only a few)... I did however, drink 2 glasses of sangria!
  • I haven't got to post that I am finally in the teens at 215 ! I have a wedding to attend June 23 which is 7weeks away. I will be working hard to reach my goal of 199 this would be like a dream come true for me. I am not going to stop now ! Good Luck to you all on reaching your goals !
  • MarliQQ Wow, you've never been hiking? You should try going by yourself! Something relatively flat and near other people of course, but the solitude of hiking alone can be really awesome. Also, I can FEEL the confidence radiating off of you. Whoop!

Skinnygirldreams Oh I love fish and chips...and beer...so much! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Dumpin You can definitely reach your goal for that wedding. Do you have a dress already?

---

I had a mini meltdown yesterday related to this camping/hiking trip. The more I researched the hike, the more terrified I got. Ugh. I hate going on a hike that I know is going to cause me pain and potential embarrassment. No matter how many times my boyfriend told me I could do it and I would absolutely be in better shape than a few of our other hiking companions, I just got really down on myself. I'm feeling a little bit better about it today, and it definitely helped me get in a great workout yesterday.

I just hate that it's so hard. If I was 50 pounds lighter and no more or less fit than I am right now, the hike (any hike, or any physical activity) would be way easier just because I would be carrying less weight, you know? But hey, that's why I'm fighting for this.
  • Hey Ladies!

Had a good weigh-in today as I predicted, saw 200 on the scale--yay! However, after nitrus29 posted about her issue with her scale yesterday, I remembered an article I read about digital scales being programmed to read the same number if it is stepped on twice in a short amount of time. So I decided to test my scale some at home and discovered that my scale does do this but it was not as extreme as I read, where some stepped off and quickly placed another weighted mass on the scale and got the same reading. My scale realizes the change in mass and adjusts, however, I tested myself dressed and undressed and realized that there is like a 30 sec window where it will give me the same reading. I have to wait for that 30 sec window to pass before I get a correct reading. Now granted, using myself as a test these were only small fluctuations--less than a pound--but still it is an eye opener. I am going to test this on some other digital scales, I really want to see if this is a prevailing issue.....

nonameslob Oh yeah I certainly felt confident . And you should be more confident than you are sounding--I know easier said than done . But I truly think we put more of a spotlight on our own shortcomings than others even think to notice. Your boyfriend seemed to hit the nail right on the head, and I am sure he is right. I have a feeling that you will do a much better job than you think you will .
  • Hmm, I checked my scale after what you wrote and mine doesn't do that. I guess that's good? lol I also re-zeroed and reset my scale. No change. I guess I can't blame it on the scale :P
  • that was a good scale test there MarliQQ.. I didnt know digital scales had that problem.. I'll keep that in mind now on. Good news is I finally saw a loss of 1 lb.. weighed in at 206 this morning so yay
    The weather is so nice, it makes me want to stay out n be active even after I am done with the gym.. I woke up early this morning n tried to get in a workout before work too! Hopefully increasing the workouts will pull me out of this 'plateau'.
  • nonameslob It is always fun to blame the scale . nitrus29 I think the intention of the manufacturers of some of these scales is to give us the strong impression that the scale is always accurate. I am a person who double checks my weight always, I never step on a scale just once, and that is what they are guarding against. And yeah nonameslob, I discovered that it was not the case for all in the house. Either way, none of this is really a concern just enlightening for if and when I purchase a new scale. Some on 3FC have had to deal with much more problematic scale concerns--like their scale being off by 5lbs+ on a regular basis . That would piss me off! Imagine if you thought you were in Onederland, and you actually weren't .
  • Imagine if you thought you weren't in Onederland, and actually were! Oh, if only
  • If only! Pipe dreams.....sheesh
  • HI all I'd like to join in if thats OK? I am just dying to get out of the 280s! I cant wait It kills me that my hubby is dropping weight like a mad man and here I am! Some days I want to spike his food with chocolate! lol I love that man but dang it!
  • I got all the way down to 205.5 last month, and went right back up to 210. I weigh-in tonight and am hoping for a decent loss. I really want to get down below 200 this summer and especially want to reach 196, when I'll no longer be obese! I've been nothing but obese or worse since junior high and it's time to get out of that range once and for all.
  • Your weight loss so far IS AMAZING Elladorine! Way to go Keep pushing along you got this
  • Rebecca85 Hi! Isn't it so frustrating to see how quickly men can lose weight?! It's not fair! I know how you feel. Every time my bf steps on the scale I get infuriated...but at the same time I'm happy for him. Ugh, conflicting emotions. You can do it!

The scale finally moved in the right direction! 200.2

I thought 201 was "so close to Onederland" but now I know what it really feels like to be on the edge...haha. I'm headed on a camping trip tonight, and there will be lots of food (hopefully balanced out by lots of activity) but I don't expect to come back weighing less. However, it feels good to know that the scale has finally recognized my hard work these last few weeks.
  • Quote: Your weight loss so far IS AMAZING Elladorine! Way to go Keep pushing along you got this
    Aw, thank you so much! I definitely know I can't stop now!

I lost 4.5 pounds for the week, so being at 205.5 again makes me feel back on track. Here's to hoping I can get out of the 200's in the next month or so.
  • great job on the losses Elladorine.. I remember seeing your pictures in one of the other threads many months ago! Did you have a baby already? Wow time flies!! Good to see you back OP !! Good luck!!

no change in the scale today, I'm gonna go out and get new batteries.. just to get the thought out of my head!