Half marathon complete!

• I just wanted to say that I ran a half marathon in 2hrs 28mins. Not the fastest time but I ran the whole way, I didn't stop and I didn't walk at any point. I never thought I would be able to accomplish that, ever. I used to weigh 266lbs+ and I could barely jog anywhere let alone 13 miles non stop. I now have a shiny medal worthy of Sochi winter Olympics, a black toenail, and blisters the size of a 10p piece but I've never felt better. To top it off I came home and signed up for my local half marathon on 20th July. I want to smash my 2hrs 28mins to pieces in the next one, so I am back with 3fatchicks to focus on diet as well as my training plan
  • Great Job!!!!!
  • Awesome!
  • congrats!! You'll smash your PR at the next one
  • CONGRATULATIONS! I really want to do a half marathon one day!! So I'm so impressed you made it all away around without stopping ONCE! That's awesome! What's best is that you've caught the race bug and want to do another one!! Amazing, so inspirational. Good for you =D
  • I've paid my entrance fee and am running it for the National rheumatoid arthritis society, which is a charity really close to my heart. So in addition to having a fitness/time goal I have a good incentive to knuckle down and train hard.

During the half marathon I learned pretty quickly that stopping or walking was not an option as I probably wouldn't get going again! My legs felt like sandbags by the end and I don't think I've ever pushed myself beyond my limits like that before. I ran to the point of exhaustion, way beyond what I thought I was capable of and was still standing at the end.

But yes I have definitely caught the race bug.
  • Wow girl! Look at you go. =D Nicely done!
  • Congrats! Good luck on the next race.
  • Congratulations!