"Forming new habits "- 21 Day Challenge

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Morning Chicks. I have felt a bit off since Sunday, in head and body. Thought I was going to be sick- I'll just keep putting one foot in front of another & hope to feel normal soon. Hope this will be a great week for all of you.

Gonna do another round of No pm snacking, this time with 3 pause days.
    4/19 - Day 1 - No Snacking - although I ate all day long. Luckily tomorrow is a new day and a new week =New Beginning.
    4/20 - Day 2 - No Snacking - still eating too much during the day(30 mins ex -am)
    4/21 - Day 3 - No Snacking - gaining weight & starting to get mad =hoping this means better focus for both food and exerise, ugh!!(25 mins ex -am)
    4/22 - Day 4 - No Snacking - Today I am mad - I can turn this bad slump around. Today I will eat healthy foods, drink water and will take a half hour walk with my dog. I will make me the first priority.
    4/23 - Day 5 - No snacking, Back on program -
    4/24 - Day 6 - No snacking, Challenging dinner tonight and potluck tomorrow - must choose wisely and remember to drink water. Bringing a dessert I can eat the middle of (whipped creme and fresh berries).
    4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/26 - Day 7 - No Snacking, I am stuffed from potluck foods today. I have taken a probiotic and will ride my recumbent bike tonight.
    4/27 - No Snacking -
    4/28 - No Snacking - doing well at night, really just want to go to bed.

Katrina, sweets are are good habit to change for sure. Ask yourself what small step would help. Maybe no sweets till lunch, or no sweets in the evening?

Cheryl, glad you found a great way to increase your water intake. Hope to hear back on how you are doing, good luck!

Dr Geri, so awesome your dh is helping and joining in on part of your challenge - talk about support!

seemyfeet, good to see you back. TV can be dangerous, like the 2nd challenge - you can do it!
  • Just one sweet after lunch and just one after dinner, and I will drink only water, tea, and green smoothies.

Day 1 - 4/21 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 2 - 4/22 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 3 - 4/23 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 4 - 4/24 Just One + Drink No Calories
    4/25 Pause day. This challenge is hard for me.
    Day 5 - 4/26 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 6 - 4/27 Just One + Drink No Calories. My husband helped me make it through the weekend.

Day 7 - 4/28 Just One + Drink No Calories. My schedule changes dramatically two months from now, and I'm already nervous about how that will affect my consistency. I can meet the challenge as long as my schedule stays the way it is now, but what's going to happen when I'm unmoored from the routine? Yeaaay, SeeMyFeet is back, with not one challenge but TWO. Nice to see you again, I see your feet and they are walking down a path of determination and good habits.
  • Diana, I hope you are feeling better soon. I appreciated the way you got mad in the early days of your challenge, but then used that anger to get back on the horse and keep going. Hang in there!
  • Need Focus Power - Took a nice walk with my dog this morning. snacked last night, should have just gone to bed. Back on track today.

Hope everyone is having a great spring day, it is lovely hear with sun and no wind.

4/19 - Day 1 - No Snacking - although I ate all day long. Luckily tomorrow is a new day and a new week =New Beginning.
    4/20 - Day 2 - No Snacking - still eating too much during the day(30 mins ex -am)
    4/21 - Day 3 - No Snacking - gaining weight & starting to get mad =hoping this means better focus for both food and exerise, ugh!!(25 mins ex -am)
    4/22 - Day 4 - No Snacking - Today I am mad - I can turn this bad slump around. Today I will eat healthy foods, drink water and will take a half hour walk with my dog. I will make me the first priority.
    4/24 - Day 6 - No snacking, Challenging dinner tonight and potluck tomorrow - must choose wisely and remember to drink water. Bringing a dessert I can eat the middle of (whipped creme and fresh berries).
    4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/26 - Day 7 - No Snacking, I am stuffed from potluck foods today. I have taken a probiotic and will ride my recumbent bike tonight.
    4/27 - Day 8 - No Snacking -
    4/28 - Day 9 - No Snacking - doing well at night, really just want to go to bed.
    4/29 - pause Day #2
    4/30 - Day 10 - No pm Snacking - Not drinking or writing foods down, this is where I need focus power!
    5/1 - Day 11 -
    5/2 - Day 12 -
    5/3 - Day 13 -
    5/4 - Day 14 -
    5/5 - Day 15 -
    5/6 - Day 16 -
    5/7 - Day 17 -
    5/8 - Day 18 -
    /5/9 - Day 19 -
    5/10 - Day 20 -
    5/11 - Day 21 -
  • Hi Everyone!
    I'm back to make the 21 day challenge. My goals: to eat within my goal of 1400 calories or less and to exercise everyday. Tomorrow will be day 1.

Good luck everyone!
  • Welcome back tyla. Rubbing elbows with you, hoping we can help each other.

I have been tired and eating extra, NOT even writting it down. So today I pledge to measure my water and write down my foods as well as make better decisions on what to eat. A fresh Start!!!
  • Just one sweet after lunch and just one after dinner, and I will drink only water, tea, and green smoothies.

Day 6 - 4/27 Just One + Drink No Calories. My husband helped me make it through the weekend.
    Day 7 - 4/28 Just One + Drink No Calories. My schedule changes dramatically two months from now, and I'm already nervous about how that will affect my consistency. I can meet the challenge as long as my schedule stays the way it is now, but what's going to happen when I'm unmoored from the routine?

Day 8 - 4/29 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 9 - 4/30 Just One + Drink No Calories. Nice to meet you, tyla, I hope your challenge goes really well.
  • Good Morning Chicks, the wind is blowing like crazy this morning. I will try for a walk with my dog but may have to exercise inside today. Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges. I'll be paying attention to my water consumption during the day again, then continue with NO pm snacking. Gotta keep putting one best step then another.

4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/28 - Day 9 - No Snacking - doing well at night, really just want to go to bed.
    4/29 - pause Day #2
    4/30 - Day 10 - No pm Snacking - Not drinking or writing foods down, this is where I need focus power!
    5/1 - Day 11 - No Snacking
    5/2 - Day 12 - No Snacking - still could improve overall but much improved eating, drinking water and writing down foods.
    5/3 - Day 13 -
    5/4- Day 14 -
    5/5 - Day 15 -
    5/6 - Day 16 -
    5/7 - Day 17 -
    5/8 - Day 18 -
    5/9 - Day 19 -
    5/10 - Day 20 -
    5/11 - Day 21 -

Day 7 - 4/28 Just One + Drink No Calories. My schedule changes dramatically two months from now, and I'm already nervous about how that will affect my consistency. I can meet the challenge as long as my schedule stays the way it is now, but what's going to happen when I'm unmoored from the routine?
    Day 9 - 4/30 Just One + Drink No Calories. Nice to meet you, tyla, I hope your challenge goes really well.

Day 10 5/1 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 11 5/2 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 12 5/3 Just One + Drink No Calories. Doing pretty well in the second week of my challenge. Hoping to ingrain these habits strongly enough to make better choices next month when things are likely to be more difficult. Diana, I'm inspired by your attitude.
  • Good morning chicks Keep up the good work!

Dr Geri, You are doing great on your challenge. Changing liquids can be interesting. I gave up soda some time ago(challenge on another site) and am so pleased it doesn't taste good so doesn't temp me any more. Nice habit to break. I am glad to inspire you, the feeling is mutual. Will next month be more difficult because you will be summer busy? That is what happens to me and doing anything routine becomes a challenge.

4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/29 - pause Day #2
    5/2 - Day 12 - No Snacking - still could improve overall but much improved eating, drinking water and writing down foods.
    5/3 - Day 13 - No Snacking
    5/4- Day 14 - No Snacking

Day 12 5/3 Just One + Drink No Calories. Doing pretty well in the second week of my challenge. Hoping to ingrain these habits strongly enough to make better choices next month when things are likely to be more difficult. Diana, I'm inspired by your attitude.

Day 13 5/4 Just One + Drink No Calories. Diana, you're on a roll with your challenge! I work at a university, so in the spring there are a lot of end-of-the-academic-year parties and awards banquets where sweets will be served in profusion, and then in the summer all structure and routine disappear. I've been making decent choices of eating greens and limiting sweets when my schedule is so punishing that I have no other choice, but let's hope I will have solidified the habit by the time the safety net of routine is removed during the spring reception season and then the summer free-for-all. Katrina, Cheryl, tyla, and SeeMyFeet, I hope all is well with you and would love to hear updates on the progress of your challenges.
  • Thank you for the warm welcome, Working and Dr. Geri!

Today is day 1 for me eating within my range and exercising.
  • Morning Chicks. Busy day with potluck at lunch ---- I will choose the best foods that I can. For the rest of the week we will have a child's friend with us and I need to feed two hungry teens and still put my food choices first, wish me clear thinking and

Yeah tyla, you have begun! I will think of you exercising as I take a walk with my dog this morning.

Dr Geri, You will have to be determined to make good choices at each party/banquet. That is a huge challenge with so many, but you are making better decisions and we will be here to help, one day at a time.

4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/29 - pause Day #2
    5/5 - Day 15 - No Snacking
    5/6 - Day 16 - No Snacking - I am hoping to be getting this habit down for good.
    5/7 - Day 17 -
    5/8 - Day 18 -
    5/9 - Day 19 -
    5/10 - Day 20 -
    5/11 - Day 21 -

Day 13 5/4 Just One + Drink No Calories. I've been making decent choices of eating greens and limiting sweets when my schedule is so punishing that I have no other choice, but let's hope I will have solidified the habit by the time the safety net of routine is removed.

Day 14 5/5 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 15 5/6 Just One + Drink No Calories Have avoided doughnuts waved under my nose twice in four days, which I will call a win. It helped to think to myself, "Are these doughnuts really worth one of my pause days? Nah."
  • One day at a time. Hi to All and hope your week is going well.

Dr Geri, awesome choices with doughnuts tempting you. You are inspiring to me. Today I will make good food choices and Just Say No, not worth it to the whites.

4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/29 - pause Day #2
    5/5 - Day 15 - No Snacking
    5/6 - Day 16 - No Snacking - I am hoping to be getting this habit down for good.
    5/7 - Day 17 - No Snacking
    5/8 - Day 18 - No Snacking -Surrender to the fact that this needs to be a lifetime habit!
    5/9 - Day 19 -
    5/10 - Day 20 -
    5/11 - Day 21 -