~~March Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 9 of 19
Go to
  • Maryea - Did you feel anything from that recent earthquake? Aren't you from that area?
  • Here comes the wild turkeys to feed, I'm watching them out my window as I type. I get a charge out of the big male Tom turkey. He's been all puffed up and parading in front of the females, they just ignore him. Sort of like in marriages, sometimes I tend to ignore Bruce.

I was just on pinterest looking at a 2 ingredient pizza crust for tonight. I couldn't bring the recipe up. Looks like flour and yogurt, anyone know? (No yeast in the recipe)

Congrat on all you who post their menus and staying on plan. I'm having a hard time right now. Bruce wants sweets in the house, I make, I eat.

Yesterday I made the mini muffins that taste like Tom Thumb donuts at the fair. I used Stevia instead of sugar. Good but not if I eat 6 at a time.

On that sad statement, I better get over to the gym.
  • Hi, all!
    I love reading about all the preparations for gardening. Spring - finally, I hope - is on its way.

Cajunlady - I can understand your excitement about your hubby putting his ring back on. I, too, run a small manufacturing operation, and also don't wear my ring. My Daddy, a Dupont factory manager, also said noone at his plant wore rings either. They can be a surefire way to lose a finger. So, when you resume wearing one, it's a pretty special experience. To be honest, I hate having anything on my hands, and I don't look forward to putting a ring back on, just because of the feeling of it!

My hubby and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to see many ruins in Greece. It was wonderful, with only one day of bad weather. The only thing is, between all the walking, and my overzealous exercising before leaving (for physical therapy) .... well, now, I have a case of hip bursitis. It is slowly subsiding, and a foam roller helps, but I need to build up stronger hips before I go walking miles and miles each day, over hill and dale!

Like others here, it can be so distressing to be otherwise fit in many ways, but have a joint that causes so much trouble. Oh, well, it took my torn shoulder cuff over a year to get really strong again. Hips look to be on the same timetable!
  • Good morning girls. Went to wal mart after work to get some Easter things to make decorations. Pinterest is going to break me. Lol. I think it's time to start putting out Easter stuff. Easter is at my house. We usually have a big bar be que! This year we have 10 lil kiddies coming. They are all my nieces and nephews. I bought them all a cookies and cream bunny!! I love Easter! I have all the pork ribs and steaks that we barbecue. I will wait to get the chicken fresh. We usually feed about 30.
    Diet is going ok. I'm still thinking the devil is on my shoulder telling me to cheat but so far I'm ignoring him. Dieting and having will power is so hard. I think weather has a lot to do with my struggles. It's cloudy and turned a bit colder. Supposed to be 38 tonight. I'm so ready for spring.

Mary I'm very excited about dh wearing his ring again. As you know we do a lot of camping and we always cook. Our boys both love to cook. Dh and I taught them well. Although they still call us for help with things they never cooked before.
    Bobbi we have squirrels and rabbits on our property and see them often. The deer are just down the road in the woods. I have 3 pair of red birds that feed in my front yard. Such beautiful birds. Ds told us we have a fox along our tree line. That's why we are not seeing the rabbits like we use to see.

Delmarva traveling to Greece was an awesome 25 wedding anniversary trip I'm sure. We are only going 2 hours away for a weekend. Our summer vacation will be spent removing carpets on my house!!!

Hi everybody. Gotta scoot out of here.

Hugs
    Cajun.
  • Hmmmmm Cajun you do know I'm back. Put that devil behind you girl or I will be in your ear!

Bobbi...we have a Painted Bunting pair come to our feeder every Winter. He is so vivid and she is so dull.

PT is coming soon...groan k3
  • Hi Everyone,

Finishing my taxes - thought I was done & found some more stuff. Hopefully, I will get them to the accountant tomorrow.

Have a bunch of doctors' appts. coming up. Going in for a 24 hour BP monitor on Tuesday.

Will check back in on Friday after my JC weigh-in.

Lynn
  • Good afternoon My New found Friends! This morning while walking my dog I spotted a flock of vultures all perched on my neighbor's roofs.
    Very sobering indeed.
    Yesterday I piled the kitchen table with all our tax papers, so no one had dinner. It was catch as catch can here. Nonetheless I have not strayed from my healthy loving eating plan.
    I HATE the scale. I don't know why I even get on the darn thing.
  • If you like the vanilla coffee creamer but would like to make your own.
    http://www.liverenewed.com/2010/07/h...e-creamer.html
  • Why Yes I do love vanilla coffee creamer but....
    Here is the thing, Mayrea, I am powerless over my surgar addiction. I therefore aknowledge that coffee creamers are off limits for me.
    In order to satisfy the "need" in me, I have substituted my vanilla cream flavored morning joe with Almond milk, coffee crystals, sweet-n-low and one scoop of Vanilla Spirutein and ice in a vitamix. It works for me.
    But nonetheless thank you for the recipe. I am one of thsoe lucky people who can taste foods without eating them!
  • Beautiful day..like spring. Didn't get to gym but went grocery shopping. Then dh worked in yard and I went to mall to p/u pkg that I ordered. Didn't fit so shopped store and bought couple pants. Then I decided on spur of moment to get my haircut. Not yet sure I like it. Will try to upload pic.

My weight was below my sig weight this am! May not hold but good to see it.
    I love this eating strategy so hope it works. I had a great bs today!! I love this plan because I can eat whatever I want as long as I follow two rules.
    I am rarely hungry. I do sometimes have an eve snack which is against the 3rd rule but I only do it if I know I'm ok with calorie and carbs. I do have to keep some foods out of the house still just in case.

Today's eating
    Breakfast
    PB mocha frappe with added fiber - protein, carb & fat

Lunch
    Apple with 1 T PB -carb & fat
    Cheese 1oz - protein
    Bacon 1 so - protein

Pm snack
    Reese PB cup ice cream- child-size - protein, carb & fat

Dinner
    Subway turkey and ham 6 inch - protein, carb & fat (little mayo) veggies free

Eve snack
    PB mocha frappe made with almond milk & added fiber - carb & fat
    Bacon- 1 sl -protein

Calories 1445
    Carbs - 160
    Fat - 70 h
    Fiber -22

Need to cut back on my bacon and ice cream for my trygliceride labs! Prob PB too but no way can't do that...

Wanna - no earthquake noticed here. Think that happen around OR border and No cal.
  • Good morning ladies. Last night after work dh and I deboned and grinded 80 lbs of pork meat for sausage. Morning came very fast today. I'm still not use to this new time.
    Yesterday I made 2 decorations for Easter from Pinterest. They came out exactly like the picture. I would love to show it but can't on my iPhone.
    It's 38 again this morning. Will spring ever come ?

K3 I'm glad you're back. I'm doing ok. No need to yell at me this week. That yelling sure does help sometimes though.

Mary I'm very interested in the 111 plan. I looked at Walmart for the book but they didn't have it. This weekend I'm going shopping for shoes in a nearby town and I will look at the book store. I see your progress and how you say it's very satisfying so I'm thinking I might try it. The diet that I've lost weight on doesn't seem to be working as well.

The lil kiddies are arriving. Gotta get busy. Hi everybody. BBL

Hugs
    Cajun
  • Crazy Freezing cold here in NY this morning. And today is the fast of Esther. So no food or drink for me from dawn to dusk...and therefore I won't be exercising either. Tonight's dinner time meal has got to be balanced, not voracious.
    The fast ends at about 7:30 pm.
  • Morning Ladies!
    Been busy at work. Got our taxes done-we just about pay as much in taxes as we get in salary! Doing ok with the One One One Diet. Need to drink more water, but when I am working the store by myself going to the restroom when the store is busy can be difficult. I do go if I have people I trust in the store, believe it or not, in a Christian store we do get our fair share of people who steal! Our number one item that gets stolen is baby items. We have had jewelry and even Bibles stolen! Like God don't see them?! Anyway it is cold again here, not like the upper east coast, but colder that I like it. We are praying for a not extremely hot summer so the hurricanes will stay away. Will post more when I get a chance. Have a blessed day.
  • Of course I'm not done eating yet today but wanted to pop in and tell you about my doctor's visit. After the gym, we immediately had our dr appts. I showed him how my bs are coming down (app on my phone), and he was pleased esp since my A1C has dropped down a little...6.9 from 7.2. He didn't mention my little weight loss (has to be at least 10# to impress him!) but he did agree I'm doing better. He encouraged me to lose weight but this time he said I am really not so heavy and don't have a whole lot to lose. First time he's ever said that...usually I leave feeling like a big buffalo or something! He explained that my diabetes/bs will get worse overtime and be beyond my control but for now to just continue as I am as long as I stay below 7. I know he's right about progression of diabetes....Biggest Loser and others have propagated the idea that just by eating right and keeping weight down you can reverse diabetes but that is not necessarily permanent even if you continue to eat right and keep your weight down....what he is describing is typical...he said where you start to notice it is in the two hours after eating and I'm already seeing that but not always yet. I think I can do a little better too with my eating still so will keep working on it.

Tam - So sorry to hear about the stealing, I know it's disappointing and frustrating since it affects your income too. It just shows that it is very true that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We are all works in process. We just exhibit it in different ways. Funny, (in a way) about the Bibles being stolen. I hope they are put to good use! After church when we stop somewhere on the way home, I will often leave my Bible in plain sight in the car and say, well, no one is likely to steal a Bible and if they do I hope they read it. Thank you for telling me about 1-1-1...it isn't even the weight loss as I haven't lost that much yet, but it's helping my bs and I just like eating this way!

Lucinda - I believe God has placed us all here to glorify Him in some way, that is our destiny, whether we accept it or not. For such a time as this....love the story of Esther! I hope your fasting will be a blessing.

Cajun - I like 1-1-1 because it isn't a lot of rules and "diet" food. It puts me in control of my eating and yet it gives me boundaries. But they are easy to keep to because I am rarely hungry because I am eating so balanced. You do have to get used to what she calls a protein and fat sometimes. Like as a diabetic, I call cheese a fat. She calls it a protein. Actually it is both but the way she does it tends to help you stay fuller I think. The foods that are double doers can be used for one or the other (but not both in same meal) when on the regular program.

Just in case I don't get back. Here's what I've eaten so far. Because I've had a peek at the 150s I'm going to try and keep my calories close to 1400 or below now.

breakfast
    fiber blueberry muffin - carb
    1 t. Smart Balance - fat
    milk - 1 cup - protein

lunch - Costco
    sample cashews - fat
    1/2 slice combo pizza - carb and protein and little free veggies (see here's another example...my nutrition educated brain says I should also call the pizza fat but since it isn't in the name I'm just calling it part of the pizza and making it my carb. That seems to be the way the author does it. There is a lot of flexibility with this plan...doesn't have to be perfect, just try for balance whenever you eat.
  • Maryea I like the One One One also. It is easy. So far my glucose levels are doing well. I have not lost much either, but I am not super strict, meaning that I often miss meals at work (usually snacks) when it gets busy. But I am NOT giving up. You know if the person who steals the Bible would ask, I would buy one for them instead of them stealing it, but they want the nice ones and don't want to pay for them. But I leave them to God and pray for them.