~~March Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 10 of 19
Go to
  • Thanks for the shout out of support. My fast was indeed meaningful. I also sometimes leave my Bible on the front seat of my car, sort of as a deterrent...to chase away evil!
  • Good morning GG's,

It has been so busy here ~ Maddie and also the Mom battle, I've only been able to read but not post.

We have had Maddie here all day every day this week ~ spring break from school. And last night we had her overnight ~ mommy had to go to Dallas for her work. Maddie is still asleep, so I am grabbing that moment to check in

Eating has been kind of yo-yo, as the weight has been. I had a few days where my eating was out of control off and on. I am almost back to my pre transgression weight. Exercise, hasn't been so good. I did get one day last week that I got the exercise in ~ 15 minutes on the treadmill in the morning and a 15 minute bike ride in the evening. Hopefully with school back in session and hoping for some nice weather days ~ things will return to more normal.

Yesterday it was a beautiful day so DH, Maddie and I went for a bike ride to a couple of the nearby neighborhood parks.

Someone had suggested one time that I could get in more exercise if I went on bike rides more frequently with Maddie. She can be so sweet, but is one of those strong willed kids. I worry that she will get in a snit about something (like she did yesterday) and take off (like she did yesterday) on me and I couldn't catch her. Thank God DH was with us ~ he can keep up and somehow is able to deal with her when she gets to acting out. She and I seem to lock horns, and I seem to say all the wrong things and end up making it worse. And she has (unfortunately) a mouth on her, and I am not very happy about being reamed out by a 6 year old. In my attempt to tell her (and I am not yelling at her) that that is not the way she should talk to people ~ it just make things worse. I blame that on Daddy and his mom. I hate it when she opens her mouth and daddy comes out. Grrrrrrr. It makes me sad that my sweet little girl can be so nasty.

I'd better get off and get dressed. DGS Corbin had put in a request for service from "Grandma's taxi" this morning. Wouldn't do to show up in my jammies

Hope you all have a nice day.
  • Hey, gone but lurking....keeping my eyes up and pushing forward....
  • I plan on trying to get back into the swing of things -- life has been oh, so very difficult lately, and my eating definitely reflects that! Am afraid to weigh --
    But life DOES go on, doesn't it? Even if (sometimes) we almost wish we could "check out" -- at least temporarily.
    This morning I also realized that if I start eating right -- maybe, just maybe my stupid depression and horrible sleep issues will lessen. So keep your fingers crossed for me! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer today -- hopefully will be better next time!
  • Good morning ladies. Beautiful day. Trying to tackle the dust bunnies in this house. Last load of laundry in the washer. Kiddos are very active and not listening today. THIF.
    This afternoon when dh and I get off work we will season and stuff sausage. Tomorrow we smoke sausage and Tasso.
    Dh's wedding band is ready so my sister was going to the jewelry store so she picked it up for us. So glad it's ready for next weekend!!!

Mary I'm thinking I might go to the book store and take a look at the book. I stumbled upon her Facebook page and she had a question answer section and I saw that you had posted. Small world. Huh.

Lizzy just remember we are here for you if you need to vent cry shout. A couple of these ladies have real loud voices and rolling pins if we continue to stay off our diets. Believe it or not the threats will make you laugh and help you at the same time!!!

Deelou glad to hear your trucking along!!!!

Gayle. The other day one of the grandmas came to pick up her grandson and he ran away from her when they got outside. I had walked out with her and she was chasing him and trying to talk to him at the same time with no luck. This is a child that get no discipline at home. She could not catch him and he was getting very close to the road. I had to step in because it after all was at my house. I yelled his full name and he stopped dead in his tracks and walked up to her. I'm sure your lil maddie loves her bike rides but I can understand your worries if she leaves you behind. Maybe it's just a stage she's going thru.

Tam stealing a bible. Heard it all. They have a lot of nerve. What's the world coming to.

Hi to all I missed.
    Hugs
    Cajun
  • I'm not doing well with my eating. I just can't stay on track. Maybe closer to shorts weather I'll come around.

Glynne...My daughter went thru a sassy stage just like Maddie. She didn't run away from me but her mouth ran. Sassy, try to tell me what to do, you name it. What a brat but she grew out of it. With some guidance from you, she'll learn.

Nothing going on here today, my little yorkie has started chasing Charlie (big male English Setter) around the house, biting at his legs. He used to jump up on the couch to get away from the little monster but the puppy can jump that high now. Poor Charlie! Sometimes I have to lock the puppy in the kitchen when Charlies had enough.

Ta Ta
  • I went back and changed my ticker to the correct weight. Maybe looking at that every day will put some gumption in me.
  • I everyone. sry I have been mia. its been crazy at my house. Everything is all torn up and stacked in the hall way and living room. I was surprised at all the craft stuff I have accumulated makes me want to get creative. we are done with the painting( the paint fumes bothered me with headaches and my asthma ) we tore out the carpet and painted the floor a loden green and the walls a very light green. today we sat down and drew out the tables and shelves and measured hgts and lengths custom made for me Ive been taking pictures and will post them when they are done..im so excited about this project.
    My doctor wouldn't refill my rx's till she saw me. she was pleased with my progress,she does the happy dance for me " really " and I get a big hug. bp was good,the charley horses I was getting was from the hydocloarthyodize sp not sure its a dieuretc. she gave me the same bp meds without the water pill added into it. Im good to go
    Gayle sorry Maddies being a stinker for you,scary when they take off like that. do time outs work for her. I had a naughty chair for my kids and day care. it worked. Bobbie your puppy sounds so cute. My Pepper is much better with her fighting with Tootsie since she was spayed. Tootsies next. Sorry some are struggling with their wgt,me too. just becuz I had bariatric surg doesn't mean im not hungry.something they don't tell you about,however it does restrict the amount I can eat. Hoping you all have agreat weekend and stick to your diet goals. Steves pt guy said he could go back to the pool so im really happy about that. its the only exercise I like. so swimming we will go ttfn rosey
  • Today we went to the gym and then to Costco. Ended up buying dh a new recliner. It is much more comfortable and supportive than his old one. He'd had his old one many many years and we still have it...it's now in the living room.
    His birthday is next month so he is calling it his early birthday present, but I would have encouraged him to get it anyway regardless. He works so hard and sometimes his lower back hurts and hopefully it will help.

Last night was my first real test for my eating plan. Went to our credit union meeting. They served a wonderful buffet. I did pretty well, and was very full but 2+ hours later when I got home, I felt hungry again. My bs was great and my calories were ok, so I ate more and messed up my whole day! Oh I hate when I do that! And of course my weight was up 2# this morning. I know it's mostly water but it could easily mean I won't lose and may even gain this week. Especially because I messed up today too by forgetting I'd had a snack in the afternoon and eating another one! So I don't expect weight loss this week. Lessons learned: Always check MFP BEFORE EATING!! AND NO evening snack or if I have an eve snack at least have only ONE!!

Not going to post my stats tonight..except for the extra snack, they adhere to 1-1-1 but just way too many calories and one too many carbs. On the good side, I've had great bs all day long!!

Otherwise today, I got off my usual schedule, so little housework done, but dh and I rearranged some drawers to fit in some things that had been in another chest where I now have towels. Still have more to put somewhere...not sure where. May have to store them under one of the beds. We have too much.

Cajun - Did you get the book? Yes I asked a question but last I saw she hadn't answered. I'll check again. Glad you were able to get his ring so quickly.

Lizzy - Glad you popped in. You are always welcome! I have discovered that usually when I eat in the evenings I don't sleep as well.

Deelee - Come back and post when you are ready....you are welcome too!

Glynne - I think that gc sense that grandparents are more lenient and take advantage sometimes. I'm glad your dh can help you with her. Could she be acting out because of the divorce?

Bobbi - I know you, you'll get back on track. Not sure I want to show my legs outside of the house any more...it's not that they are fat, but they have no muscle...just soft and flabby. Yuck! Pasty white too but at least I can do something about that...comes in a tube.
  • Hi Everyone. I am having so much trouble with my eating and blood sugar lately and nothing I try seems to work. I KNOW that losing weight will take care of the blood sugar. Just need to get crackin". Maybe seeing some sunshine instead of all this snow will inspire me.

Hi Cajun. I think young kids listen so much better when it's coming from a non-family member. Since you are in charge of other kids too, you can't afford to let things get out of hand. They respect your authority. They need to learn that for when they are in school.

Gayle, my grandson will be 6 in a few months and he is obstinant just like Maddie. I will tell him to get his jammies on and he will say "Pap Pap didn't tell me to." Pap Pap doesn't care what he does, but his parents want the obedience to be enforced.
  • Afternoon all!!
    Well today I have one of my rare days "off" and I have the house all to myself Not that I don't enjoy being with my husband, but sometimes it is nice to have the place all to myself. Getting ready to fold the 5th and final batch of clothes. Dishes are washed. Paperwork done. Bed sheets cleaned, dried and the bed is made. Errands completed. I have this bookshelf in my kitchen that is cluttered with cookbooks and cooking magazines well after 3 hours it is all nice, neat and sorted, threw away a bunch of magazines, will probably take some of the books to the library soon. Have been drinking 8 oz of water every hour-what a difference a day off makes!! Did not get to weigh in this morning will do so next Saturday. Hope you all have a blessed evening!
  • A strange thing happened last night. We have a security system and set it at night ...all except the motion detector. Well I was woke up a little bit after 2 am by this strange but somehow familiar sound, couldn't think what it was at first. Woke up dh and then we both realized it was the security alarm, not yet really going off but it was the warning sound before it goes off. Dh got up to go check it out and it was getting louder so knew it was about to go off, but he got there in time. It said (voice) something about someone being in the hall. Of course we figured that was dh but it shouldn't have picked it up since we never set the motion detector. He looks out the window and patio door...nothing, so comes back to bed. We are laying there wondering about it ...decided it just malfunctioned big time, but then I got to thinking, what if someone were in the spare bedroom or my office and stepped back when they heard dh getting up, so he gets up again. No one there so comes back to bed. Then we start thinking about the voice and at the same time we both say, what about the garage? (it is right behind the alarm) LOL So up he goes again...and again nothing I was hoping he'd check the attic but don't think he did...and I didn't mention it because neither of us really felt there was anyone around and I didn't want to make him do it when he was so sleepy. By this time he's thinking maybe he imagined the voice, but the alarm does talk sometimes. We went back to sleep easily and heard nothing more.

This morning, he gets up and it reads that someone had tried to access the back door. We have a big wood gate that is kept latched and is not easy to open but it is possible and of course if they really wanted to I guess someone could climb over our 6 ft wood fence, so he went out to see whether it looked like anyone had messed with it. But no sign of it. We have had birds run into the patio door and they hit it really hard so that might have caused the sensor to pick it up. No birds lying around, but if just stunned it could wake up and leave. Or maybe it was a malfunction. Anyway it was wierd.

I did not lose this week, in fact I gained a pound! Not surprised consider I overate three nights in a row. Today I am back on track though and the really good news is that bs is great!! Wish I could show the doctor now because it is even better than when I was there.

Todays eating:
    breakfast
    PB moch frappe with added fiber - protein, carb and fat

am snack - with my bs so good I feel I can have snacks!
    tangerine - carb
    1/2 milk - protein
    pecans - fat (1 T)

lunch
    Grilled cheese -protein and carb
    pecans - fat 1 T
    Used 1 1/2 t of butter to fry sandwich..maybe that should have been my fat.
    Read the book over and over and also her answers on FB and still confused about that.

Afternoon snack
    PB mocha frappe with added fiber - protein, carb and 1/2 fat

Dinner
    salad - 2 serv - free
    baby carrots - free
    mayo - 1 T - fat
    chicken breast - protein
    potato - 1/2 cup - carb

Very full right now.
    calories 1343
    carb - 144
    fat - 60H
    fiber- 25
  • Maryea, We also have an alarm system that has more functions/protections then we really require. I one time set the alarm and left the house not realizing that my son was still asleep,( he was 22 at the time). The motion detectors went off, the cops showed up hilarity ensued!
    A friend noticed my weight loss yesterday! She was so very kind about it. That to me is the sweet spot.
  • Maryea - That episode with the security alarm really makes you wonder. We have had birds hit the back window really hard but they still can fly away. I wonder if the system just malfunctioned? I always worry when I'm home alone overnight but my step-son reminded me that the dog would bark if anyone attempted to break in.
  • Home alarm systems
    We are lucky enough to live in a place where the only intruders are the deer crossing our yard from one pond to the other, oh, and the big turtle who comes to lay her eggs on the sandy verge of our driveway. We usually forget to even lock our doors at night, and in the summer often sleep with them open, just the screen doors closed to keep out the bugs and field mice.

We did have a bear go through and tip our barbecue over on the patio, but that's about it. The neighbours here all look out for each other and notice if anyone looks out of place or is lurking around. I don't think I would know how to work a home alarm system if you held a gun to my head, lol. We always get a kick out of my mum-in-law's alarm for her suite - but then again she lives in a ritzier area of a large city, so you get what you pay for. We just have to remember NOT to open a window during the night after the alarm is set when we are visiting her.
    Liana