March 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month!
  • Whoa it's MArch! Diana, thank you for getting us started, as always!

Today: Combat 60 with gloves.

Down 2 pounds from last week! Slow and steady progress and I'm hopeful that those 2 pounds are all FAT!

Have a GREAT Saturday
  • Hi ladies!!!

Diana- thanks for always keeping us organized. I ran into Petsmart to get some treats and thought of you & Cody

Laura- the babies are doing great. How's your baby with the back problem? Is he off of restriction? Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!

Preparing to get hit with a winter storm starting tonight and going into tomorrow.

today- elip 30 min
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    TF Fire 30 w/#1 hand weights
    Get Your Body Back Total Body Torch w/8's
    Get Your Body Back Stretch & Tone Yoga

I used 8's but might do better with a little lighter weights for Total Body Torch. I will have to see how I do with the other ones. These workouts are only 10 minutes, but they are tough. Geesh! What have I gotten myself into. I was literally dripping sweat on the floor with Total Body Torch. I will probably do the yoga workout at night when it's on the schedule. It will be easier to do the workouts on a yoga mat and have on more comfortable clothes that my day clothes.

Laura Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Teacher I bought a new travel harness for Cody today. I normally put him in a crate in the rear of my SUV when we leave the house. With the new harness, he can sit in the front with me. Hmm, may not be a good thing!

Laura & Teacher How do you travel with your pets in the car? Harness, crate or some other method?

Enjoy your evening!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

I had to get up this morning, but I didn't want to. We are going on a day trip to a festival. I won't get a workout in today. I can already tell that TTOM is making me tired this morning. I hope the coffee kicks in soon. The festival is going to be on the riverfront. We are taking Cody, too. This should be fun. I don't think I will have any major food temptations. We will eat at a seafood restaurant there. We ate at this place before and it was really good, so I am looking forward to going back. The owner of the restaurant is always there with his dog on the back deck. All the shrimp boats and fishing boats (including the owner of the restaurant boats) are docked there, too. Everything is very fresh.

Have a good one!
  • Laura- hi

Diana- I'm a bad dog mom, my dogs are just in the car. Bruiser normally sits in the back and looks out the window or lays down and sleeps. The little one hops from front to back seats checking everything out in the windows. Your trip sounds like fun. Enjoy!!!

Freezing and snowing here. Not enough snow to shovel, it keeps blowing all around.

today- elip 45 min
  • Hi Everyone!

We had fun today. I didn't get back home in enough time to go to the shop to workout. I tried, but it didn't quite work. We secured Cody in the back seat with his new harness. He did pretty well. When we first left, I had to pull over to untangle him. After that he was fine. I think he will enjoy traveling like that better than the crate. I will still have to use the crate when I have to make multiple stops. I don't trust him not to eat the straps and the whole car.

Teacher
    You are not a bad Mama. Some dogs stay in place or at least stay out of your lap. Cody wants to get in your lap while you are driving.

Laura

Enjoy your evening!

Last night I added on: Twist and Stretch http://www.doyogawithme.com/content/twist-and-stretch

Have a great Monday!
  • Hi Everyone!

This new rotation is going to kill me!

Get Your Body Back 60 Second Slim-Down
    Core Strength
    TF Fire 45 EZ

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
  • Diana- good luck with the new rotation!!!

Laura- hi

Snow day today! I'm ready for flip flop weather I got my DDP yoga on Sat but started it today.

today- DDP yoga- diamond cutter (which is just learning the moves) and energy. I liked the energy workout. DDP comes with a 13 week schedule doing a workout 3 times a week to start. We'll see how it goes. I'm just adding this but will continue with some other workouts.
  • Teacher Congrats on the new workouts!

Laura Hi
  • Hey ladies!

Diana - Your new program sounds challenging! Where did you buy it? I just love your Cody stories He's such a goof!!! My guys are actually loose in the car but I'm thinking of getting them seatbelts that clip on their collars. Especially with Sidney finally feeling better and walking again, I don't want him hurt if I'm in an accident.

Teacher - yay on Yoga! Sidney is doing much better, thank you! 8 weeks crate rest DONE and final check with surgeon on Wed. He's been so wonderful and tolerant through this whole process, which amazes me!

Thanks for the praise on the 2 pounds! Today, Combat 30 with gloves.

TTOM is going on and it seems rougher than usual.

Last night I added on:
    Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)
    Short Rest from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a good one!
  • Diana- feel better

Laura- great news on Sidney!!!

today- elip 30 min
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    Get Your Body Back Pyramid Power w/5's
    GYBB Firm & Fab Abs
    GYBB Stretch & Tone Yoga
    TJ Punch, Kick & Jam (cardio section)

Laura Cody's harness hooks into the seat belt. It's probably the same as what you are thinking about getting. I am doing Get Your Body Back with Chris Freytag. It's like the previous 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme that I did. Those workouts were 40 minutes. These are only 10 minutes but they are they 40 minutes compacted into the 10 minute workout. They are evil! http://www.getyourbodybackdvd.com/ge...keycode=242329 I don't know how I get myself into this crap!

Teacher Great job on the elliptical.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!