Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 29 of 35
Go to
  • Had a nice day today. Had bacon and eggs before church this morning, and one piece of sourdough toast. No lunch, just a few pretzel chips with jalapeņo Greek yogurt dip and a small sliver of flourless chocolate cake.

DH grilled tonight out in the yard, and I had a filet mignon, tater tots, and zoodles . He is a bad influence and I had a few squares of a chocolate bar :/. I'm now having a glass of wine and then bedtime. We also walked for an hour this afternoon
  • Bad day today. Too many things that reminded me of my brother. I'm actually starting to think that I may have PSTD. There are things that I can only describe as triggers and they just take me back to that night. I panick, I start to shake and I can't breath for a few seconds.

Breakfast: Coffee and three cookies.
    Lunch: Orzo pasta and beef with marinara sauce and graviera cheese on top. They were baked. Also salad and feta cheese.
    Dinner: Same as lunch.
    I also had a cup of ice tea but I made it in my nespresso machine and it only has 23 calories.
    Calories: 1511
  • Sorry to hear about your bad day Marniadec., very sad.

Returned from the weekend, not horrible, but I had a sore gum that slowed me down, feeling better, one night I felt like it was getting infected, but luckily it didn't, almost well again.

Going for a juice/veg today maybe that will kick start things a bit.

Sat. Was beautiful, yesterday not so much and frigid again today, wahh... Yesterday I did get in a good jog, there was a really nice park with a couple walking/jogging trails, I managed to get in a nice jog 2.5 miles, yippee.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I did: 10 Minute PM De-Stressor from Rodney Yee's Yoga Now

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
    Weigh In: 164
    Down: .4

Have a great start to your week!
  • Long weekend. Spent it out with friends, so I ate a bit more than I usually would. Today's weight is 176.4, which is good for calorie-heavy weekend. Back to the grind today. Gym later.
  • Hello, all. I pop in and out of this board erratically. I am stuck in the 160s. I Zumba four times a week and don't eat HORRIBLY, but always just a little too much, especially at night. I really have to make that push, because I'm not comfortable at this weight.
    I'm a young over-50, but man it's tough when the old metabolism slows down...
  • Down 0.4lbs to 167.0lbs. First day back at work after my trip. Calories will be 1600-1700 today. No anchovies. Let's see what happens.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
    Breakfast
    oats 5 300 8 54
    Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
    dried apricot 0 32 0 9
    honey 0 21 0 6
    Coffee 3 25 0 1
    Vital choice sardines 11 180 19 1
    Coffee 3 25 0 1
    Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
    quails eggs 3 42 4 0
    Pan-seared shad roe 16 275 36 3
    Cockles 1 50 8 4
    Millers jumbo lump crab 1 120 26 0
    Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
    Honey 0 64 0 17
    Tomato 0 11 1 2
    Mushroom 0 2 0 0
    Red onion 0 8 0 2
    Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
    Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 58 1640 147 138
    Weight 167
    Protein/weight ratio 0.88
    Targets based on weight Low High
    Calories 2338 2672
    Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 36 55
    20% less calories to cut 1870

Exercise: Will do 50 minutes weight training before lunch. Will run 3.5 miles at some point in the afternoon.
  • morning all! I have exactly one week off of school and then Spring quarter starts. I am just waiting for my grades for Winter!

I haven't eaten yet, but I do have a half cup of cottage cheese and a banana for breakfast/snack.
    L - leftovers from the other night - chicken breast/cream of broccoli soup/chopped broccoli cooked in the pressure cooker. YUM!
    D - taco seasoned ground turkey, re-fried beans (or black beans), baby spinach made in to either tacos or a burrito.
    going for a nice long bikeride! Up a couple pounds from this weekends bad choices (tequila shots, chocolate bar, pudding ring) I feel it starting to come off already but I'm really going to try harder this week.

I have one small glass of wine left, and I'm going to have it at bedtime tonight, but the rest of the week will be none. We'll see if that works. :/
  • Syckgirlsfv, good luck with your grades! Enjoy your week off. I always usually find it easier to make healthy choices when the stress of finals is over.

Marniadec, hang in there! Some days really take a toll but tomorrow will be much better, I'm sure.

Today, in contrast to yesterday, was a good day. I stayed hella focused in class and studied between, limited caffeine, didn't spend any money besides gas, and I managed it all off only 6 hours of sleep.

Being busy at school, I didn't really think at all about food. I did get very hungry around 1, but luckily a brought some lunch with me. For breakfast, I had a slice of toast and 2 mini cookies. For lunch, I had a breakfast bowl with egg, bacon and potatoes. Small portion, though! I don't know what I'll have for dinner, but it will probably be roasted chicken, asparagus, and brown rice! I've missed my rice. I've been tempted to drink for a couple of nights now, but I've resisted so far. I think I will resist again tonight. Although I like drinking, I barely feel anything after one drink!
  • laciemn what college are you going to? I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems that the JC professors were a lot more thorough. What I mean is, the university professors just lecture and tell you what you need to read and stuff, but there is a lot of material that they don't cover or tell you to know. You get left to your own devices more! It's an adjustment, and my 3.8 GPA is a 3.6 now because I seem to be getting all B's! Grrrrrrr...

I'm starving. KIND of. Body is hungry but mind isn't. Weird. I am going to have some pretzel chips w/jalapeno greek yogurt dip before the bike ride. All I snacked today was a banana. Also thinking a cup of coffee before we go!
  • Hi Everyone!

Starting from this last page:

Marniadec I have felt like I had PTSD, too. I think that is how our mind/body works when we have been though a lot. I hope today was a better day for you.

Kelijpa I hope you are not getting an abscess. That stuff just seems to appear out of no where. Were you able to stick with the juice/veg today?

Psychic Sounds like you were able to keep things in moderation.

Joan Hi and welcome back.

Ian Great job on the losses! Good luck with the new change. I hope it works for you.

Syckgirlsfv The new avatar is very pretty.

Laciemn Glad your day was a good one!
  • Total Approx 1370 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
    Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
    Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    2 grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
    sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
    GYBB Metabolism Boost
    GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
    TF Fire 45 EZ
    TF Stretch 10
  • 145.8 this morning. I had an okay day. I ate too much crap at work, sometimes people bring in goodies and if I have a bite it's like I can't stop at just one. Oooh well. I think I ate about 500 calories in junk food today, yeesh.

B: green smoothie
    L: broccoli with chicken breast, baby carrots
    S: various cookies, chocolate.
    D: greek yogurt with strawberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.

I went and did a 90 minute hot yoga class. Not much exertion really but it felt great! I got a two week unlimited pass so I'll be doing a lot of that in the next few days. I'm also doing this cleanse with my friend starting tomorrow (I know, I know, I actually don't think that my body needs help detoxing, I think my liver is just fine, I just thought it would be neat/a challenge to not have any sugar/chocolate/wheat), basically all raw food for two days. Green smoothies and then raw vegetables in between. Greek yogurt in the smoothies for protein. We shall see how it goes.
  • Weigh in today was a nice surprise, down to 86.2kg. Its been at least a decade since I weighed under 90.

I am eating fruit and veg mostly but sometimes I worry I eat too much bread ( I usually hate bread but sometimes have occasional vegan pizza or wholegrain roll with nut butter). I know I am eating better overall so I am trying to work out on optimising my energy levels.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

I think TTOM will be starting any day now.

Last night I added on: Mayo Clinic Menopause yoga w/Colleen Saidman

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
    Weigh In: 164
    No change

Have a great day!