What happened??

• Just wandering and thinking ,what happened to make myself go so far astray.
    there was at one time , that I tried every diet in the book,then I discovered Atkins. I did so well, down 140 pounds, but most of all I never felt so good. I had energy the first time in years!!
    so why did I fall off ,then try, fall off then try ... I have no excuses!! one day I just woke up and realized I've gained back 40 pounds!,,,,I knew I was off my Atkins but didn't have the will to try again....
    I must get back to ME". now where do I start over, maybe dig out the book.... I been going back in the archives and that is a good start....thanks
  • Welcome back! You can do it. Join us on the Easter Challenge.
  • Carvinmom - There is a great on-line series by HBO called "Weight of the Nation" - There are two things I learned watching the series. 1. A weight reduced individual will always have to eat about 20% less than someone at the same age/weight who never lost weight - totally not fair!! 2. Leptin levels drive us to eat - our brains tell us we are starving even when we are not!!

I too regained ....many times...this time around I am armed with additional information and the support of this forum.....be kind to yourself......it is a journey!! Welcome back!!!!
  • Lulu, those are two very interesting observations. Over in the Primal world there are some people who are doing a Leptin reset. It's a program written by Jack Kruse. I think one of the basics is to eat a LOT of protein at breakfast with the assumption t hat it will reduce cravings layer in the day. I believe it's also low carb.