How Long Did It Take You....

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • to get to goal??? I am really curious to hear this answer from those who had 50-100+ lbs to lose. I understand that there are going to be answers from a lot of ex-regainers, but I want to know about the period in which you stuck with it and lost the bulk of your weight.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
  • Hi MarliQQ, It took me 7 months to get to goal on the Ideal Protein diet-restricted carbs, calories, fat.
  • 18 months. Goal was defined as the weight when loss stopped for the way I was eating. 81 pounds down.
  • It took me 17 months.
  • It's in my signature, but it took me 15 months.
  • Just about three years. The first 100 took two years. I am working off a bit of a regain now.
  • The last time I had a significant loss, it took me ca. 4 months for 22 pounds (a little more than 1 pound per week) with calorie counting.
  • re:
    1 year for 100 lbs. Now I'm on "phase 2" which is significantly slower.
  • I lost 60 lbs. the first year, then the rest over 3 years. Maintained since 2006.
  • It took me about a year to lose 50 pounds. I lost another 10 in maintenance then regained some. I lost my weight initially with weight watchers and exercise. I'm now calorie counting plus exercise to tackle my regain.
  • Wow
    I am so impressed with everyone who has lost over 50lbs! That is amazing. I just started my journey to lose 35lbs (after other unsuccessful attempts) and it seems overwhelming. I hope having support and counting calories will help. Any advice? Thanks!!
  • Quote: I am so impressed with everyone who has lost over 50lbs! That is amazing. I just started my journey to lose 35lbs (after other unsuccessful attempts) and it seems overwhelming. I hope having support and counting calories will help. Any advice? Thanks!!
    Have you calorie counted before? I'm using the app and website loseit and loving it! I've lost over 6 pounds in a little over 3 weeks. My advice is not to give up! Even if your results are slow... It stuck with me to hear that if you "only" lose one pound a week, you can lose 50 pounds in a year! And you don't even have that much to lose.
  • I took me about 6 months to lose 45-50 lbs.
  • Around a year and a half to get to my goal and it's been slow moving after that. I go through fluctuations of being very healthy to not-so-healthy but always manage to keep under 140 lbs.
  • So happy to hear your responses . I just wanted to begin to put my goal in persepective, and you guys have helped with that.